Career Experts / fraud

1 Toronto, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

I got the following email from 'careerexpertssdc@yahoo.com' after replying to a posting on craigslist in Toronto for 'Administration Assistant/Customer Service (Toronto)'

Hello, how are you? One of my clients sent me your resume and we want to follow-up

with you. Are you ready for a career change? Are you free for live or phone interviews this week? My name is Sister Mary Joseph. I am the CEO of Career Experts (helping people find top level careers in the "hidden job market" since 1995). I am really impressed with your rich work

experiences. I can tell from your experiences that you are very good working with the public, a "people person" which is exactly what we are looking for.

I have spoken to a few companies about your background and the feedback has been very positive so far. Now they wish to meet you this week. Are you available for an interview with the companies? What is your availability? Do you prefer mornings, afternoons, or evenings/weekends? Could you be available as early as tomorrow for phone interviews?

We will be working together on your job search so I would like you to know who we are and how we operate. We are a 15 year-old recruiting firm hired by many large companies who only want to

hire the best candidates at the best salary (usually $50, 000 or more) and they pay us a commission to help them find staff. The commission DOES NOT come from your salary. What you make, you keep. We do not charge you anything to find a job. I am your agent and you can ask me any questions in order to feel more confident prior to your interviews.

We will setup the interviews for you and prepare you with full job descriptions and company information but it is your responsibility to show up for the interviews and get the job. We have an 85% successful placement rate within the first week and I am confident the companies will want to meet or speak to you this week subject to your availability. I will confirm the interview times once I know your schedule.

The full time permanent positions with benefits I have for you now near your home:

1) Sheraton Hotel & Ritz Carlton Hotels: Administrative Assistant $55, 000 or more.

2) Pediatrician Office Manager at Children’s Hospital $55, 000.

3) Airport: Administrative Assistant responsible for customer service $52, 000 or more.

4) Law office: Administrative Assistant $55, 000.

5) Administrator at a Plastic Surgery Clinic $52, 500.

6) Psychology Office Manager. Excellent benefits $52, 000+.

7) Chiropractor Office Manager. $54, 000 + benefits.

8) University Admissions Office Administrator. $55, 000.

9) Bank – Customer Service. $47, 000.

10) Ear, Nose, and Throat Surgeon – Office Manager. $52, 000.

11) Administrative Assistant – Elevator Company. $55, 500.

12) Hospital Admissions Department – Administrative Assistant. $57, 000.

13) Law Office: 2 Administrative Assistants $22 per hour (negotiable).

14) Optometrist Office: Office Manager – $52, 500.

15) Full-Time Administrative Assistant / Office Music Producer. Salary $52, 500 annually + benefits.

16) Administrative Assistant. Exxon Mobil. $55, 000 + health benefits.

17) Public Relations/Customer Service. Google. $57, 000 + health benefits.

18) Accounting Clerk. Pediatrician. $57, 800 (Interviews this week!)

19) Administrative Assistant for Asian Export Company. $58, 000 + benefits. (Interviews this week!).

20) Maternity Ward Administrative Assistant. General Hospital. $55, 000. Training Provided.

21) Administrative Assistant/Office Manager Ice Cream Company. $57, 500. Interviews this week with 2 weeks paid training..

I have told the employers to please wait one more day and I will get back to them shortly and let them know your availability for the first round of interviews whether they be live or by phone. Then I will send them your revised resume best suited for the jobs for which you are applying. Please have a look at the resume samples on our website (www.careerexperts.org) and then let me know which style you wish us to make for you.

It is safe to say we are on the same page in wanting you to get the interview and get hired this week. Good for you and good for us. I look forward to managing your career search with you. The sooner, the better. Many of my clients were hired yesterday.

I am recommending we work together so that you are not rejected in favor of someone else and each application has the most positive effect. Thank you and congratulations on your new career. God Bless You.

Sincerely,

Sister Mary Joseph, CEO

www.careerexperts.org

skype: Careerexperts1

My picture: http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr348/careerexperts/SISTERMARY.jpg

Bo

Comments

• Be
      19th of Nov, 2008

This is nothing but a scam to get you to their web site so you can pay them to rewrite your resume and its not cheap.
    They send you an email which is a standard letter they send to everyone, signed by someone named Sister Mary Joseph.
    They detail it to make you think they are going to set you up with these companies that pay really well but all it comes down to is getting you to buy their services of resume writing, don't fall for it!!!
    Betty

• Sh
      26th of Nov, 2008

Yes, I too rec'd the same bulls__t email. What a hoax! Don't fall for it people!

• Ba
      26th of Nov, 2008

I have just received an identical email, same job postings also from Sister Mary Joseph.

• Tr
      27th of Nov, 2008

I received the same email. How interesting that "Sister Mary Joseph" the "CEO" uses a Yahoo email address! It's kind of sad that Craig's List is so full of fruads and scam artists now.

29th of Nov, 2008

What jerks! I was suspicious immediately because of the high salary's that were offered. Every day some ### develops a new scam. SIGH...

• Fi
      18th of Dec, 2008

Its gotten so bad on craigs list that you can't even apply for work without getting 45 emails from scam artists. I got the exact same email from sister mary fake!

• Ve
      10th of Feb, 2009

I got the SAME exact email as well, bunch of ###.

• Ak
      19th of Mar, 2009

RECEIVED ONE FROM SISTER MARY JOSEPH WITH A LITTLE DIFFERENT WORDING... SEE BELOW..YA KNOW IN SUCH A HARD TIME ITS A SHAME THESE IDIOTS GET AWAY WITH SCAMMING GOOD PEOPLE!

Hello, how are you? Your resume was forwarded to us by one of our clients so that we can formally touch base with you before we schedule you in for one or more of the 22 formal interviews we have taking place in the next two weeks.

Career Experts has been helping candidates find top level careers in the "hidden job market" since 1995. I am very impressed with your previous experience listed in your resume. I can also tell from your past experiences you are very good at working with the public, a "people person, " which is exactly what we are looking for.

Since we will be working together on your job search, I would like you to know who Career Experts is and how we operate.

Career Experts is a 15 year-old recruiting service that is in partnership with companies, large corporations and government agencies across the country.
    Our partners are only interested in hiring the best candidates at top industry salaries which is usually $50, 000 and up.

Please note: We collect a commission payment from our clients when staff positions are filled. Our commissions DO NOT come from your salary. There is no charge to you for Career Experts to find you a job.

As I am your agent, please feel free to ask me any questions that will help you to feel more confident and comfortable prior to your interviews.

Career Experts will setup the interviews for you and prepare you with full job descriptions and company information, but it is your responsibility to show up for the interviews and obtain the job. We have a 95% successful placement rate within the first week.

I have companies that will want to meet or speak with you this week if you are available.

I will confirm the interview times with you once I have your schedule for the remainder of this week.

Please view the following job positions currently available and let me know which offers interest you by number:

The full time permanent positions with benefits I have for you in your area-

2) Pediatrician Office Manager at Children’s Hospital $55, 000.
    4) Law office: Administrative Assistant $55, 000.
    5) Administrator at a Plastic Surgery Clinic $52, 500.
    6) Psychology Office Manager. Excellent benefits $52, 000+.
    7) Chiropractor Office Manager. $54, 000 + benefits.
    8) University Admissions Office Administrator. $55, 000.
    9) Bank – Customer Service (2). $47, 000.
    10) Ear, Nose, and Throat Surgeon – Office Manager. $52, 000.
    11) Administrative Assistant – Elevator Company. $55, 500.
    12) Hospital Admissions Department – Administrative Assistant. $57, 000.
    13) Law Office: 2 Administrative Assistants $22 per hour (negotiable).
    14) Optometrist Office: Office Manager – $52, 500.
    16) Administrative Assistant. Exxon Mobil. $55, 000 + health benefits.
    17) Public Relations/Customer Service. Google. $57, 000 + health benefits.
    18) Accounting Clerk. Pediatrician. $57, 800 (Interviews this week!)
    22) Mail Room Manager at Law Firm. $47, 000-$57, 000.

I have asked your prospective employers to wait an additional day or so.

This will allow me to get back to them with your availability for the first round of interviews whether they be live or by telephone.

It is safe to say we are on the same page of getting you a few interviews this week so that you can begin training if needed.

I look forward to helping you manage your career and job search.

I have many clients hired on a daily basis. I am recommending we work together so that you are not rejected in favor of someone else and each application has a positive effect.

Please reply back indicating your availability times for this week and the positions that interests you by number.

Thank you and congratulations on your new career!

Sincerely,

Sister Mary Joseph

www.careerexperts.org

• As
      11th of Jun, 2009

I just received the same email with very few negligible changes from the original wording--even the positions were written verbatim. Thanks for wasting my time, career-experts.org!

11th of Jun, 2009

Hello Everyone. I just received the very same email that seems to be circulating. It sucks when we, as job seekers have to come across ### of the earth con-artists like this. The week before last I had one job offer that wanted my bank account number, I called the FBI and filed a report because it was a money laundering scam from Australia. People, the only way we can help stop these bottom feeders is to file a report with your local FBI office, you can call the local agency directly and speak to a "Duty Agent", or go to the FBI website and file the report on the spot. Also, email the person who sent it to you to let them know that's what your doing, my Duty Agent suggested that. Besides, who ever heard of a freaking nun being the CEO of a Recruiting Agency?? The name on my letter was Beth Feldman. All of them should roast in hell. Good Luck to all!