Career Experts Fraud / On Craigslist.com

The original complaint posted here is absolutely correct. I was on craigslist.com looking for available jobs. I came across this posting:
Admin Assistant (Fresno)
Reply to: job-[protected]@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2008-12-03, 2:14PM PST
Administrative Assistant at Elevator Company

The ideal candidate for this position will be a person with a professional demeanor and presence who will exercise a high level of discretion, both in confidential company operations and patient information. This position requires someone who has the ability to deal with diverse groups of individuals and situations with a high degree of tact and good judgment.

As the Administrative Assistant, you will be responsible for ensuring the efficient operations of this organization in a friendly and precise manner.

RESPONSIBILITIES:
-Demonstrate ability to interface and maintain effective relationships with administration and staff in a team-oriented environment.
-Maintain a neat and organized office.
-Provide patient database reports.
-Ordering/maintaining office supplies.
-Provide general Administrative support.
-Assist with payroll preparation (we train).

QUALIFICATIONS:
-Positive and energetic individual with the ability to work in a highly demanding environment.
-Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (we train).
-Detail oriented with a methodological approach to problem solving.
-Outstanding attendance and punctuality.
-Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
-Willingness to learn new applications.
-Capacity to assume responsibility for own professional development.

Comprehensive benefits available.
Salary $54, 500/year.
Location: Fresno
Compensation: Salary
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
PostingID: [protected]

THEN HERE IS THE EMAIL I RECEIVED:
Re: Admin Assist 12/4‏
From: Career Experts (careerexpertsrc@yahoo.com)
Sent: Thu 12/04/08 7:36 PM

Hello, how are you? One of my clients sent me your resume and we want to follow-upwith you. Are you ready for a career change? Are you free for live or phone interviews this week? My name is Sister Mary Joseph. I am the CEO of Career Experts (helping people find top level careers in the "hidden job market" since 1995). I am really impressed with your rich workexperiences. I can tell from your experiences that you are very good working with the public, a "people person" which is exactly what we are looking for. I have spoken to a few companies about your background and the feedback has been very positive so far. Now they wish to meet you this week. Are you available for an interview with the companies? What is your availability? Do you prefer mornings, afternoons, or evenings/weekends? Could you be available as early as tomorrow for phone interviews? We will be working together on your job search so I would like you to know who we are and how we operate. We are a 15 year-old recruiting firm hired by many large companies who only want tohire the best candidates at the best salary (usually $50, 000 or more) and they pay us a commission to help them find staff. The commission DOES NOT come from your salary. What you make, you keep. We do not charge you anything to find a job. I am your agent and you can ask me any questions in order to feel more confident prior to your interviews. We will setup the interviews for you and prepare you with full job descriptions and company information but it is your responsibility to show up for the interviews and get the job. We have an 85% successful placement rate within the first week and I am confident the companies will want to meet or speak to you this week subject to your availability. I will confirm the interview times once I know your schedule. Please look at the following list of jobs and let me know which offers interest you by number. The full time permanent positions with benefits I have for you now near your home:1) Sheraton Hotel & Ritz Carlton Hotels: Administrative Assistant $55, 000 or more.2) Pediatrician Office Manager at Children’s Hospital $55, 000.3) Airport: Administrative Assistant responsible for customer service $52, 000 or more.4) Law office: Administrative Assistant $55, 000.5) Administrator at a Plastic Surgery Clinic $52, 500.6) Psychology Office Manager. Excellent benefits $52, 000+.7) Chiropractor Office Manager. $54, 000 + benefits.8) University Admissions Office Administrator. $55, 000.9) Bank – Customer Service. $47, 000.10) Ear, Nose, and Throat Surgeon – Office Manager. $52, 000.11) Administrative Assistant – Elevator Company. $55, 500.12) Hospital Admissions Department – Administrative Assistant. $57, 000. 13) Law Office: 2 Administrative Assistants $22 per hour (negotiable).14) Optometrist Office: Office Manager – $52, 500.15) Full-Time Administrative Assistant / Office Music Producer. Salary $52, 500 annually + benefits.16) Administrative Assistant. Exxon Mobil. $55, 000 + health benefits. 17) Public Relations/Customer Service. Google. $57, 000 + health benefits.18) Accounting Clerk. Pediatrician. $57, 800 (Interviews this week!) 19) Administrative Assistant for Asian Export Company. $58, 000 + benefits. (Interviews this week!).20) Maternity Ward Administrative Assistant. General Hospital. $55, 000. Training Provided.21) Administrative Assistant/Office Manager Ice Cream Company. $57, 500. Interviews this week with 2 weeks paid training.22) Mail Room Manager at Law Firm. $47, 000-$57, 000. I have told the employers to please wait one more day and I will get back to them shortly and let them know your availability for the first round of interviews whether they be live or by phone. Then I will send them your revised resume best suited for the jobs for which you are applying. Please have a look at the resume samples on our website (www.careerexperts.org) and then let me know which style you wish us to make for you. It is safe to say we are on the same page in wanting you to get the interview and get hired this week. Good for you and good for us. I look forward to managing your career search with you. The sooner, the better. Many of my clients were hired yesterday. I am recommending we work together so that you are not rejected in favor of someone else and each application has the most positive effect. Thank you and congratulations on your new career. God Bless You. Sincerely, Sister Mary Joseph, CEOwww.careerexperts.org

THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP! Sounded too good to be true!

Comments

9th of Jan, 2009

So the above email is EXACTLY what I just got on mine! I had to check it out. I wrote them back saying they should be reported then got ANOTHER email saying how I was too smart and should work for them! Answering emails for 20-25 dollars an hour! Stay far far away!!!

• Kr
      23rd of Jan, 2009

HAHA GET A LOAD OF THIS!!! It is an email from them after my response when they contacted me about my resume. I guess Sister Mary Joseph has problems with rejection haha. The email history starts from the bottom.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------START FROM BOTTOM

From: Career Experts

> To: K R
    > Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2009 12:08:28 PM
    > Subject: Re: Craigslist Add; Resume
    > Thank you again for your reply. I apologize for the delay. I confirmed
    > with the twenty two employers in your area of their availability and
    > everything is in place for me to setup phone and live interviews. I
    > also wanted to make sure they are offering you health benefits as I
    > realize how important that is for you and your loved ones. I can
    > guarantee that. Just so we are clear: We are a full time permanent
    > staffing/recruiting company with positions paying over $50, 000 that
    > also provides a resume service. You are NOT paying to get a job but we
    > are attempting to make the right first impression so you get the first
    > and second interviews before someone else does. At the moment, your
    > resume is creating a negative effect according to some of the
    > employers. We do not want to see your resume being rejected yet again
    > for these top level jobs. The process is we improve your resume, send
    > you a copy for approval today, and then we can send the resume to all
    > our contacts in your area. These jobs are not public so you have no
    > competition but we must act quickly or someone else will surely take
    > the jobs that were meant for you. I will also suggest to the companies
    > who I have a close relationship with, to email you more information
    > about each job so you may prepare yourself prior to the interviews.
    > You will be more prepared and and confident which will make a great
    > first impression. The next step is you can place an order for the
    > entry or mid level resume package
    > (http://www.careerexperts.org/services.html) and we will
    > have a copy
    > for you and the employer in a few hours (95% of companies seem to
    > react well to the mid level resume). If funds are a problem now, on
    > our ordering page, choose the "Paypal Pay Later" option and then you
    > only pay in 90 days. By then you will be working and have more than
    > enough funds. If you register today, I'm also going to include a gift
    > of free cover and thank you letters (value of $30). Once I receive
    > your order, I will make the call to the companies for interview
    > schedule verification at the dates/times you specified. 100% of my
    > clients are working within 1 week. I am confident with us working
    > together, you will be on the job shortly. Start your year off right
    > with your much improved resume that gets you results. We will keep
    > working with you until you are employed and satisfied. I like to work
    > quickly so you get the job meant for you before anyone else. It is now
    > time for a long term and stable career, not just another job. I placed
    > people 14 years ago who are still with the same companies today. I
    > want the same for you! Good luck at ALL your interviews this and next
    > week.
    > Sincerely,
    > Sister Mary Joseph
    > www.careerexperts.org
    > On 1/22/09, K R wrote:
    > >
    > > Can you give me a link to your site please the one you sent was only an
    > > offer to buy a resume
    > > ________________________________
    > > From: Career Experts
    > > To: K R
    > > Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2009 11:25:57 AM
    > > Subject: Re: Craigslist Add; Resume
    > > Dear Mrs. (((ME))),
    > > Hello, how are you? Your resume was sent to us by one of our clients and
    > we
    > > would like an opportunity to follow-up with you. Are you ready for a
    > career
    > > change? Are you free for live or phone interviews this week? My name is
    > > Sister Mary Joseph and I am the CEO of Career Experts (helping people find
    > > top level careers in the "hidden job market" since 1995). I am very
    > > impressed with your previous experience. I can also tell from your
    > > experiences that you are very good at working with the public, a "people
    > > person, " which is exactly what we are looking for.
    > >
    > > Since we will be working together on your job search, I would like you to
    > > know who Career Experts is and how we operate. Career Experts is a 15
    > > year-old recruiting company that has been hired by many large firms. These
    > > firms are only interested in hiring the best candidates at top industry
    > > salaries (usually $50, 000 or more). We are paid a commission when staff
    > > positions are filled. Our commissions DO NOT come from your salary..
    > There
    > > is no charge to you for Career Experts to find you a job. As I am your
    > agent
    > > please feel free to ask me any questions that will help you to feel more
    > > confident and comfortable prior to your interviews.
    > >
    > > I have already spoken to several companies about your background and their
    > > feedback has been very positive. They would like to meet with you this
    > > week.. Are you available for an interview with any of these companies?
    > What
    > > is your current availability? Would you prefer mornings, afternoons, or
    > > evenings/weekends? Can any phone interviews be arranged for you and would
    > > any as early as tomorrow be possible?
    > > Career Experts will setup the interviews for you and prepare you with full
    > > job descriptions and company information but it is your responsibility to
    > > show up for the interviews and get the job. We have an 85% successful
    > > placement rate within the first week. I have companies that will want to
    > > meet or speak with you this week if you are available. I will confirm the
    > > interview times once I have your schedule. Please look at the following
    > list
    > > of jobs and let me know which offers interest you by number:
    > > The full time permanent positions with benefits I have for you in your
    > area-
    > > 1) Sheraton Hotel & Ritz Carlton Hotels: Administrative Assistant $55, 000
    > or
    > > more.
    > > 2) Pediatrician Office Manager at Children's Hospital $55, 000.
    > > 3) Airport: Administrative Assistant responsible for customer service
    > > $52, 000 or more.
    > > 4) Law office: Administrative Assistant $55, 000.
    > > 5) Administrator at a Plastic Surgery Clinic $52, 500.
    > > 6) Psychology Office Manager. Excellent benefits $52, 000+.
    > > 7) Chiropractor Office Manager. $54, 000 + benefits.
    > > 8) University Admissions Office Administrator. $55, 000.
    > > 9) Bank – Customer Service (2). $47, 000.
    > > 10) Ear, Nose, and Throat Surgeon – Office Manager. $52, 000.
    > > 11) Administrative Assistant – Elevator Company. $55, 500.
    > > 12) Hospital Admissions Department – Administrative Assistant. $57, 000.
    > > 13) Law Office: 2 Administrative Assistants $22 per hour (negotiable).
    > > 14) Optometrist Office: Office Manager – $52, 500.
    > > 15) Full-Time Administrative Assistant / Office Music Producer. Salary
    > > $52, 500 annually + benefits.
    > > 16) Administrative Assistant. Exxon Mobil. $55, 000 + health benefits.
    > > 17) Public Relations/Customer Service.. Google. $57, 000 + health benefits.
    > > 18) Accounting Clerk. Pediatrician. $57, 800 (Interviews this week!)
    > > 19) Administrative Assistant for Asian Export Company. $58, 000 + benefits.
    > > (Interviews this week!).
    > > 20) Maternity Ward Administrative Assistant. General Hospital. $55, 000.
    > > Training Provided.
    > > 21) Administrative Assistant/Office Manager Ice Cream Company. $57, 500.
    > > Interviews this week with 2 weeks paid training.
    > > 22) Mail Room Manager at Law Firm. $47, 000-$57, 000..
    > >
    > > I have asked your prospective employers to wait an additional day or so.
    > > This will allow me to get back to them with your availability for the
    > > round of interviews whether they be live or by telephone. I will then
    > > them a revised copy of your resume which is best suited for the jobs you
    > are
    > > applying for. Please have a look at the resume samples on our website
    > > (www.careerexperts.org) and then let me know which style you wish us to
    > make
    > > for you.
    > >
    > > It is safe to say we are on the same page in wanting you to get the
    > > interview and get hired this week. I look forward to helping you manage
    > your
    > > career and job search. I have many clients hired on a daily basis. I am
    > > recommending we work together so that you are not rejected in favor of
    > > someone else and each application has a positive effect. Thank you and
    > > congratulations on your new career. God Bless You.
    > > Sincerely,
    > > > Subject: Craigslist Add; Resume
    > > > To: job-997826871@craigslist.org
    > > > Date: Sunday, January 18, 2009, 9:46 PM

6th of Feb, 2009

I recieved all the same emails and am sooo glad I looked into this before considering! It did sound too good to be true. Thanks for the help and postings.

• Re
      3rd of Mar, 2009

I just received the same email and thought it sounded a bit too good to be true and immediately checked it out. I was not impressed with the "Sister Mary Joseph" and that sent up a red flag.

I already know that I have a good resume and would not fall for their offer.

Thanks for the heads up. What a shame in this time of economic distress for so many people that they "prey" on people.

• Le
      15th of Mar, 2009

Well, I'm a [censored]. I just answered the email with my available times for a call. I then did a search and got this site. I think I will forward this on to the good "sister". I'm glad I did a search, thanks ya'll.

• Ga
      25th of Mar, 2009

I sent off my resume to these scammers from a Craigslist ad (for an amin position at an elevator company, ha!) and got those same exact emails back. Thank you for posting them here. Man, it's incredible how many people are trying to take advantage of those of us who NEED to find work. Do they actually think we have money to give them? lol.

• Ga
      25th of Mar, 2009

I did a little research on this company. It's owned by Harris Black.
    Here is his Better Business Bureau report: http://mainlandbc.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Report.aspx?site=137&bbb=0037&firm=1163457

And here is a whole website dedicated to exposing him:

• Am
      28th of Apr, 2009

KRooo posted an email that career expert sent 94 days ago. I just received the EXACT same email today. It's amazing the Asian Export Company admin assistant position is still interviewing this week! BEWARE OF CAREER EXPERT and beware of Harris Black's most recent identity "Beth Feldman". Do not be fooled - it is still a scam no matter what name he uses.

• Dm
      11th of May, 2009

I got the same email today from "Beth Feldman". I have never heard of Harris Black but it just seemed to be too good to be true and too fake. I'm glad I googled it. Has anyone gone through with this; do you know what he does to scam you?

20th of May, 2009

I just got this as well. However, it's no longer "Sister Mary Joseph"...it's now "Beth Feldman", it seems the person has taken a more casual name, still the same type of e-mail though. Thank god I looked this up as well.

• Mi
      28th of May, 2009

I just got the "Beth Feldman" email too. I saw on another site where it came from "Laura Feldman." It is very sad that you can't even look for a job without having to worry about scams. I wonder how many fools fall for this enough to actually pay them? A lot of people must be doing it or they would be out of business?

The sad part is that I try to flag these suspicous ads on Craigslist, but some of them are so real that I actaully reply with my resume. One scammer actually used the name of a real company in my city, so I replied and then got back an automatic email from them saying to finish my application at a website with a link they provided in the email. I emailed the company that was named in the ad and they knew nothing about the job posting or the person who posted it.

It is scary because these scammers are getting our email addresses, phone numbers, mailing addresses, and personal info off of our resumes. Who knows what they are doing with it. Please watch out!

• He
      28th of May, 2009

I got the Beth Feldman email too, thank goodness I Googled the company because it sounded too good to be true.

• Li
      11th of Jun, 2009

Thanks everyone. I just got the exact email and decided to look into Beth Feldman before responding. Thanks for saving me time to look for a real job and not to deal with the headache of a scam.

• Ka
      15th of Jun, 2009

I just wanted you to know that today I got a message from a steve feldman with and email of stevefeldman2009@gmail.com. He said that I owed 19.95 for a past due amount and that he wanted me to pay through paypal. He said then my account would be paid on national debt collections inc. And if I paid it would not be turned over to the credit bureaus. I do not owe 19.95 and my son did some research and it comes back to Beth Feldmand, Sister Mary Joseph, and Harris Black.
    So I just wanted you to know that we believe this is a scam also from Steve Feldman. So please watch what you are doing out there as you never know who is going to try and scam you. I am calling the FBI tomorrow, along with paypal and gmail. If anyone else has come across this Steve Feldman please write a reply to this message on here so I can let the FBI know. Thanks for listening to me and good luck on your job search.

19th of Jun, 2009

Just got this e-mail:

YOU APPLIED FOR A JOB ON CRAIGSLIST THAT DOES NOT EXIST. IT WAS JUST A SCAM TO GET YOU TO BUY A NEW RESUME, FOR A JOB THAT DOESN’T EXIST.

The scam is being run by Harris Black, convicted Con Man and Sex Offender who is now using the name of Beth Feldman and the company name of CareerExperts. He is now posing as Beth Feldman and is recruiting victims to post these fake job ads on Craigslist and others, all across North America in order to gather resumes.

THEY ARE ALL FAKE...THERE ARE NO JOBS FROM CAREER EXPERTS OR BETH FELDMAN.

He/She tells you that they are holding interviews this week and that your resume has been refused by some of the emplyers so you should pay him $100 - $200 for a new one.

He is presently running this scam from Pattaya, Thailand. Whether or not you paid him any money, you should file a complaint at the links below because he does have all of the information about you that was on your resume.

If you live in the United States, you should file a complaint with the FBI at: http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/

If you live in Canada, please file a complaint with the RCMP at: https://www.recol.ca/intro.aspx?lang=en

Please share our web address www.harrisblackwatch.com with your family and friends. The more people who know about him, the fewer victims he's likely to get.

Feel free to contact us if you have any concerns or questions about this creep. Visit our website for the whole story about Harris Black, his scams and his criminal record as a sex offender. Please use the email address on the website.

Gary R. McHugh

HarrisBlackWatch

www.harrisblackwatch.com

Hey Karen, it's awesome that you're taking action against this!

19th of Jun, 2009

I'm also going to put this link here, so that you guys and girls can get some background info on this guy and who he really is.