Care.com / double charged for subscription - care.com will not fix

1 Online, United States Review updated:

I attempted to subscribe to care.com from my iPhone and was charged the > $200 amount. However, the app did not recognize that I paid for the subscription. Therefore, it was recommended that I purchase the subscription through the website. Once I did, I realized I was again charged the full amount (double charged). After several email requests from me to care.com, the company refused to help rectify the situation or refund my money so I would not be double charged. I definitely would not recommend this site or service to anyone. If a zero rating existed, they would receive a zero, unfortunately the lowest rating I could give them is a 1.

Kl
Nov 22, 2016

Comments

• Ca
      23rd of Nov, 2016

We're so sorry to hear your frustrations. Unfortunately, we're unable to manage subscriptions processed through the App store. You would have to reach out to Apple directly to request a refund and cancel premium membership, they are usually always helpful in situations like this. We certainly wouldn't want you paying twice for the same service, it's just that we dont have the ability to make any changes on transactions processed through the app on our end. Thanks for understanding and we wish you all the best.

• Cy
      12th of Dec, 2016

This responses by the business is BS. They automatically bill you even when you sign up for a finite subscription package and will not refund even if they can see you didn't use their service. See their Better Business Bureau repeating this same complaint by hundreds of customers. They don't deserve your business.