Care One Credit Persels and Assoc / Money

United States Review updated:
Everyting claim to provide you can not only do yourself but they also provide no legal protection . You can still be sued and held liable. Save yourself the time and make arrangments with the company yourself otherwise you end up paying legal fees and still giong to court. They charge a 150.00 fee if you cancel early it in the fine print.
Cr

Comments

Pe
  10th of Jun, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Do not deal with them!!! They do not explain any of the information that's important. For example when the creditors do not except the "deal" they're cutting for you, you'll still be paying them for nothing. No wait, you're still paying their legals fees! When it boiled down to it I was paying $150 in fees and $32 towards my debt. When I called to complain everyone just try to sell the program over and over and OVER again. I had already canceled! Don't end the conversation with "Thank you for trusting your money with Persels and Associates." I did not need to use this program but after they sugar coated everything even when I flat out asked, "Hey are you guys going to screw me over?" The worst part is that my credit score went from a 670 to 530 in a matter of three months! Do not trust a word they say!
Or
  21st of Apr, 2010
Persels & Associates are complete scammers. They did not settle one debt while I was in consolidation. They negotiated with no one because I even got a judgment against me while I was paying them fees on top of fees to avoid that very outcome! When they did nothing but take my money and offer me nothing in return, I opted to file bankruptcy through one of their referred attorneys. After they took out the fees, the lawyer they put me in contact with decided to retire and drop my case. Then P & A dropped me as a client. Now they say my account is "settled", and they have no idea where my escrowed funds went. This was after they told me it would be 10 to 14 days for me to get my money back.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS. Do not trust their BBB rating. For-profit credit counseling and debt consolidation companies are, without a doubt, COMPLETE CON ARTISTS. Persels & Associates is no exception. You will regret ever dealing with them. And you will be paying out your hard-earned money for nothing. You might as well take that money and file for bankruptcy right up front. You have been forewarned.