care net

credit card service fraud

4.75
care net
Phone: 8885786482
credit card reduce interest fraud
this company called offering reduced credit card rates on all my cards. no
fee! i said call me tomorrow morning, i am working with no service on my
phone we will discuss it all tomorrow. when they called me the next day,
they said my Chase credit card interest weas reduced and i owe them 800
dollars for their services. i said i haven't agreed to all this. at which time
the representative gave me to his supervisor, who told me it was too late to
reverse the charges even though i haven't agreed to any of this...he also
threatened to send my file to "collections" because I said I didn't want to
proceed with it. I said I would call back the original person I talked to
after I had a chance to think it over some more...he said that it wasn't
possible and that he would send my file to collections. He was quite irrate
by this point and said, "have a nice day". .
Complaint comments Comments (15) Complaint country United States Complaint category Credit Cards
More care net Complaints & Reviews
care net - Scam

Comments

N  12th of Jul, 2013 by    0 Votes
Don't fall for it. You didn't agree to anything and they don't have you approving for anything with them. So tell them you don't give a rip about their collection department. Tell them you have a legal department against scams and if they call you one more time they will be hearing from them.

Basically there's nothing they can do. It's a straight up scam. If you need further help post at debtorboards.com
A  30th of Jul, 2013 by    0 Votes
I believe I was just dupped by the same people...yikes! The difference they had me baited pretty good to the point that they have a lot of my personal info including my SS. They claimed to have me on record that I agreed to the service and I now owe them $893. We ended up calling Chase because they had originally declined the transaction (thank God) and at the point I began to become skeptical about the whole ordeal. As I was on hold a lot during my conversations I tried to google this company and could not find a thing about them, where they were located, their phone numbers and everything else you can think of...now I'm really paranoid. They have my credit card numbers, my SS and are now trying to get $$$$ from me. As we were speaking to Chase to have them release the funds to them...something told me to STOP. I told the Chase rep to cancel my request and NOT allow this transaction to go through...the girl Courtney with Carenet immediately hung up from Chase before I could say anymore. She was upset to say the least and told me I needed to speak to the manager - Adam Clark. I'm mentioning all these names for a reason so just in case anyone else gets scammed by these people they will recognize the names!!! Another person they connected me with was Mark Poirrier (sp?) who was supposedly my "Financial Counselor"...big joke he connected me via a conference call with both credit card companies and was listening to all my personal information...BIG MISTAKE!!! So after I refused to allow payment to be processed and are refusing their services he also threatened me with sending my bill to collections with an additional fee of $399...I told him go ahead and i'd be in touch with my lawyer. I then hung up from the call and they have been frantically trying to call me since. I have cancelled my credit cards and got in touch with all three credit bureau companies and put alerts so that nothing can be add to my reports.
I truly hope no one else gets caught up with this scam or these people. Let me tell you...they are good...very good at realing you in!!! All I can say is BEWARE!
N  23rd of Oct, 2013 by    0 Votes
i was scan today by them carenet first didnt understand i though i was talking someone with visa but talk to RYAN, JEFFERY. BILL, ANDREA I WAS TOLD I COUND'T GET OUT OF IT TO LAST I HOPE NOT !!!
N  23rd of Oct, 2013 by    0 Votes
sorry left out a word i want out of this scam
N  24th of Oct, 2013 by    0 Votes
I fell for it to, any way to to get your money back . They told me I can get a refund if I am not satisfied . Anyone report them to the FBI ?
A  12th of Nov, 2013 by    0 Votes
Care Net Credit card services is a scam corp. They make you believe they are representing you and your credit card company and telling you a bill $900.00 will be attached to your account or will be turned over to collections for payment. Do not talk to these people or give them any information, the phone number they give you and the names are fake. Contact your credit bureau and file this with them so payment will be flagged and you will be notified.
N  17th of Nov, 2013 by    0 Votes
I just fell for this also. Same thing as everyone said, they had all my information so I thought it was legitimate. I cancelled all the stuff they wanted to do, now I need to try and lose the payment to them. I honestly can't believe I fell for this, I am normally quick to hang up on them but as I said, it seemed legit with everything they knew.
N  30th of Dec, 2013 by    0 Votes
Duped tonight here again...The "agent" said I owed the money for them reducing my credit card percentage. Anyway, my credit card company said they would investigate it and since it was a pending transaction, my account would not be charged as I called in time. Sure hope so!! Wish honest people did not have to go through this.
N  7th of Jan, 2014 by    0 Votes
My dad fell for this company. God what the crap do I do now?
N  21st of Jan, 2014 by    0 Votes
I was duped by them too. I unfortunately fell for them about two years ago. I spent forever on the phone with them, but they didn't end up doing anything (they called the credit card companies and the companies just said no), eventually I said my phone would die, which it did and I couldn't get back in touch with them. I ended up changing my credit card numbers and just forgetting about it. Just this afternoon I received a phone call saying that I owed them $840 and my file was in collections. I said no work had been performed to lower my interest rates and that I read their company was a scam and I wouldn't pay. They played me a recording where I agreed to the fee (which I hadn't originally been told about, but after a few hours on the phone I did cave to because they had already been helping me and I felt incredibly pressured). So, now they are telling me the only thing to do is re-open my file and start the process over and pay the money and have them lower my rates. I told them I didn't want them to do it and it's been two years and I know they are a bunch of scam artists. I said I had changed my card numbers, but they are insistent. I said I would call the news and the BBB but they don't care. They won't seem to budge. Any thoughts?
N  17th of Feb, 2014 by    0 Votes
I too was scammed by Care-net. When I received the initial call, I was believed I was dealing with Chase since they had my credit card info. They indicated that they would lower my interest rate because they did not want to lose me as a customer. They stated customers were leaving for lower interest rates and they would lower mine to stay.

After speaking to several people, I realized this was a scam and requested to stop the process immediately. I was told it's to late, we have spent time talking to you and will charge the $1200 fee. And will proceed with collections if necessary. I spoke with George, Kendra Johns, Stephanie Bower and Manager Josh, which was fruitless. I explained they had done nothing for me, and again informed that I could not stop transaction.

They were rude, inappropriate, and became quite nasty when I refused to accept their services. I eventually just hung up and called Chase immediately. Chase changed my credit card number and indicated they would alert their managers.
N  6th of Mar, 2014 by    0 Votes
Does anyone actually have an address for Care Net my attorney wants to contact them with a letter?
N  6th of Mar, 2014 by    0 Votes
wth? never heard of these crooks!
A  2nd of Jul, 2014 by    0 Votes
Their current name is Credit Card Services - Care Solutions. The name appears to have shifted frequently. The address is 616 Corporate Way, Ste 2, Valley Cottage, NY 10989.

The New York Better Business Bureau has a devastating report, on-line, about them at http://www.bbb.org/new-york-city/ They are rated "F" on a scale from "F" to "A+". There are literally dozens of extended individual "complaint details". Many of these are very detailed, on-point, and very recent. The staff and officers appear operating far outside the law and appear ripe for a legal challenge and criminal conviction, particularly in states where they have not complied with the applicable laws, such as the Arizona Telephone Solicitations Statute.
N  12th of Aug, 2017 by    0 Votes
did the scammers ever really send the fee to collections?

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree