Care Credit / Bad service

1 P.O Box 96061Orlando, FL, United States Review updated:

Care Credit/ GE Money Bank has posted a charge to my account without my knowledge, approval or signature due to Arlington Family Dentistry charges that were not legitimate. Services were done without approval of patient, even after the patient advised them NO. Business has promised to issue credit to patient, however, instead they did not advised patient until after Care Credit/ GE Money Bank posted the charges. Care Credit and GE Money Bank was advised of the error, pending the dispute, however, they have not replied via E Mail or correspondence. When I received my statement, the disputed charge was posted on my account plus late fees. I had closed my account and advised themof the dispute. They have ignored me. I have telephoned them with no results, noone answers the phone, only a recording. Please give me advice or tell me how to solve this problem.

Ur

Comments

• Ga
      10th of Dec, 2008

• Ba
      10th of Dec, 2008

Galina:

From similar past experience with these ###s, the only thing they understand is small claims court. Usually the threat of it will do. If not, follow through and sue them for harrassment. It will work!

Tom

• Ge
      30th of Dec, 2008

I would like to know how to tackle this obnoxious company. I was charged a total of over $300 in interest. I had attempted to make the last payment (interest free for a year). The online system allows you to make an automatic deduction, or a one time payment. I paid the automatic deduction to clear the balance, and on the next statement, this amount was only paid in half, and I was charged 225 in interst. I called immediately, and was told by the rep that he could see where I had tried to pay, and was told if I paid $211, it would be cleared. The phone was then disconnected, and I though it an odd amount as that would not clear the balance. I called back a few days later (as it takes almost 30 mins to get thru to someone). I was again, told that they could see the amount that was tried to be paid, but before they could give me the correct amount, the phone line was again disconnected. I tried once more, and yet again. It was very frustrating, and I was getting concerned about the due date, so went online and made anothter payment of $211. The bill came the next month, and there was more interest, and no deduction. I again called, and was told that I should have paid the amount by the first time I had called, and that all the interst was valid. I became quite angry at the operator, who then referred me some sort of "specialist". This person was even ruder, and hung up on me. I wrote a letter to the company, and then had a call a few weeks later from somene in customer service who was requesting payment. I explained that I was disputing things, and she told me that she would only take the payment of the amount that was not taken out the first time, ie, less the balance. She reassured me that while it was being diputed, that I would not have to pay the interest.
    Wrong, I got the statement again this month, and even more interest. I called again, and got the same rude person who had hung up on me, and told me that all the interst was valid. I tried to get him to explain to me why none of the amounts were not taken out, and he told me there was no record of that. And of course, when I go online there is nothing either.
    I have records of my phone calls only, the website only shows what was deducted, not what I had tried to pay, however, they seem to have access to this.
    I don;t want to pay a lawyer, any advice would be appreciated. This company should be shut done, but not before being exposed.

• My
      15th of Mar, 2009

Hi, I had a horribly experience with care credit/ge money, I filed a dispute against my dentist because he made unauthorized charges on my care credit account
    and also he made additional services without my approval, the scams continued because the dentist wants me to pay AGAIN for a crown that has been already paid in advance, he also scamed me several times on my dental account journal, this is a long history but after I submit my dispute papers, to ge money and I provide plenty of evidence, still they rule out in the dentist favor without collecting evidence from him and, I kept fighting with GE Money employees since last october until now but they just ignored my complaints, I kept writing them letters and they responded always with negatives and, finally this month of 3/09 they sent me the bill plus more than $1000 in finance charges, plus they told me if I don't pay in full this balance of $2860 plus the finance charges, they will charge me
    over limit fee in the amount of $1117.
    Ok, I already told them that I will NOT PAY THIS BILL, this dentist lied in his response saying that "ALL THE WORK OF THIS PATIENT HAS BEEN COMPLETED TO HER SATISFACTION" I proved with evidence that he didn't finished my dental work.
    Ge Money can keep adding on my bill all the finance charges they wanted, they also can put me in collection, but I told them that I will never going to pay this bill.
    I am determined to take this to the last consequence, even if my perfect credit get damaged, I still prefer that to pay this group of scamers.
    It is ovious that they ruled out in the dentist favor because, the dentist give Care Credit/Ge Money customers and it is their convenience, they protect all the health providers, if any care credit cardholdler files a dispute which is my case, the cardholder WILL NEVER IS GOING TO WIN.

• Da
      9th of Feb, 2010

Hello,

Just as a curiosity, have you ever got to a resolution on these fraudulent charges? I'm having the exact same case as you ... however on my end I do have a proof in writing that this charge was completly unathorized and done in colaboration dentist-GE MONEY!

I'm filling complaints everywhere: "Office of the Atty General", "Office of Thrift Supervison", "ConsumerAffairs", the banks's Head Quarters offices, BBB - Office of Professional Discipline (against the dentist, this time around) and most likely will file a small claims suit to recover all my expenses with this nonsense.

Thanks