Comments

• Da
      6th of Apr, 2009

My Mervyns Card payments are 2 months late because of poor online and automated service. I NEED HELP. I want a refund on the late charges and to pay off the rest in full. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!

12th of Jun, 2009

Anyone who has been cheated by Card Payment Solutions, please email me at myaltmailbox@gmail.com. I am currently working with the Attorney General on this matter.

I am a small business and have read similar incidents on fraudulent practices. They gave me a free non-working machine. I reported it as non-working. The machine stayed unplugged and charges started showing up on my statement and withdrawn directly from my account. I had to close my account due to these fraudulent charges. Due the contract, the bank was unable to stop these charges or refund me.

After signing a contract for zero everything, they decided to tag on a monthly service fee and said I was stuck with these fees whether I liked it or not for the remainder of the contract.

Sounds like a class action suit to me.

Please contact me as I am hoping to get this stopped. I am sure this has affected many!

Christina
    myaltmailbox@gmail.com

28th of Aug, 2009

It sounds like the rep who set you up did just that. He set you up and wasn't truthful with you. I am a rep for Card Payment solutions. I have also worked for TMP. I have helped hundreds of business people save money and set them up with machines and services. I have never had a problem with the ethics behind Card payment solutions. TMP on the other hand...I have been flat out lied to by people high up in that company. Thus is the reason for my switch.
    Contracts are billed by computer at end of the month. Plugged in or not there will always be the monthly minimum charge billed to you. Your rep should have sent your machine back and got you a new one.
    The problem you are having might just be with your rep not doing his job.

31st of Aug, 2009

I am a single mother of four trying to make ends meet to keep my house and take care of my children. I also own a very small business in Woodstock, IL. I am a massage therapist and we also offer all hair services.
    We weren't crazy about some of the fees we were paying with our current credit card processing company at the time but we were under a contract, 4 of us. We happened to receive a call from card payment solutions rep,
    so we met, and he explained that we needed to fill out paper work to even determined if we COULD have service though them, they also promised us very low rates, and to pay half of EVERYONES cancelation fees from our current provider.
    We filled out some info and had a verbal agreement that we were not signing up for sure yet. I also Sent the rep an email confirming that. Well he enrolled us we were paying for two companies, the rates immediately went through the roof, we were getting charged before we even received the machine, and we never got reimbursed the money we were charged if we cancelled our current company. When I call or email our rep, his regional manager, at first we got empty promises now we get nothing. If i don't touch that machine it STILL cost me $78 per month. If i never used the first one it would be around $30 per month.
    All four of the girls at the salon cannot afford them yanking money out of our accounts. HELP!!
    Annette
    indulgeinwoodstock@yahoo.com

23rd of Oct, 2009

Been a Card Payment Solutions customer for over 6 years, my local rep is no longer in business. I am getting the run around after having requested a complete copy of my contract (that seems to change every month) and schedule of rate fees. I have been shuffled around like a deck or cards in vegas! And still no contract or schedule in my mail box, i have left numerous messages with "managers" none of whom have ever returned a phone call! I am now looking to go over their heads, maybe Visa and Mastercard need to poke around their business practices!

23rd of Oct, 2009

Please contact the California State Banking Authority at 800-622-0620 or online at http://www.dfi.ca.gov/ to register a complaint about CardPayment Solutions, whose website is http://www.csiprocessing.com/

23rd of Oct, 2009

http://www.dfi.ca.gov/forms/consumer/Form801.pdf -this links to the form to file the complaint, CardPayment Solutions is a registered MSP of Wells Fargo Bank NA .

27th of Oct, 2009

Now these jokers are instituting a $129 fee on all accounts. I am going to dump them. These people are SLIME. They never even give you a copy of your contract after you have signed it.

jamestkirk@gmail.com

27th of Oct, 2009

This is absolutely correct. I don't know if anyone can start anything against this company or not. They've instituted also a monthly fee of $25 a month, whether or not you like it and despite the fact that you didn't sign up for this in the contract. I started working with the attorney general and got so busy, had to drop the issue. I'm paying under protest and am trying to find an outside lawyer. Please keep these updates going. THIS COMPANY IS NOTHING BUT FRAUD. (I don't agree with the person above who thinks this company is legitimate. Too many shady things happen to me.)

• Va
      3rd of Jan, 2010

I, ve been sales rep for different processors for few years. The problems that the merchants are having is not that much with the companies itself but rather with sales reps. There are many people in sales in general and in credit card processing in particular that will just say anything and/or not disclose things in order to make sale.In all honesty there are many merchants who sign the agreement without even looking what they are signing and not taking the copy of the contract from the rep. It happened to me many times and I always have to insist that they take the copy and keep it for future reference.

My advise to merchants is to ask as many questions as they can, to ask the rep to show them where in the contract is what the rep claims and to understand some of the fees that come with the teritory.

Credit card processing is a legit, regulated business that any merchant who accepts credit cards as a form of payment needs. Every credit card processing company offers the SAME categories of service and merchants just have to get to know a bit about the industry (a lots of info online, type in Google "discount rate" or non qualified rates" and you will get all the info you need. And also, PLEASE read what you sign. Its all there.Just some, I call the rotten, sales reps would not disclose some fees from fear of loosing the merchant. I repeat ASK THE QUESTIONS AND READ YOUR CONTRACT.

In my 2 years doing this I've never had a problem with my customers because I explain everything to the smallest details.

And for any merchants info: Vast majority of credit card processing companies will have you sign a 3 year contract, will charge cancelation fee if you break the contract before it expires, will charge a monthly minimum (usually around $25) regardless wheater you use the terminal or not, will charge monthly statement fee, will charge you processing as well as transaction fees and a bunch of other small fees.It is all in the contract so READ !!! and then ask questions.

Good luck

Vaso

If you want honest service my e mail is vasopavlovich@gmail.com

• Gc
      25th of Jan, 2010

I completely agreeVaso. Unfortunately to all the merchant services world is as bad at times as the car sales industry. It's all about the representative that you come across, are they being honest or not. The benefit of asking all the right questions is only then will you get the true answers to what you are signing with a merchant services provider. I don't care how large or how small a merchant services provider is there are always those bad apples as sales reps just like any industry. The problem here is all the complaints don't necessarily have anything to do with the company/processor, but have to do with the unfortunate encounter with the sales person, which in turn reflects on the processor. And not always does a company know their sales people are SHADY. If a representative is really in it to benefit you/ the merchant, they will fully disclose any and all fee's known to man kind that comes with setting up a merchant services account with them, and the company they represent. If anybody needs more information on what to look out for i can definitely help. email me at mwcglc01@yahoo.com

31st of Jan, 2010

Having been on both sides of the sales equation, I'd urge merchants to compare before signing -- compare CONTRACTS, not ads or spoken offers. If a card-service provider won't provide a sample or mockup contract for you to study, red flag. After receiving Cardservice International/First Data's cruise-giveaway postcard at our business address, mattmedia of Florida used that company from 2004 to 2007 for art-poster sales and home rentals via mattmediafla.com and phone-ins. We paid a $349 startup and $65 a month (plus 2.3-4.5% from each transaction, minus small payback commissions we got). There was no annual obligation. For a separately billed $6 per month, we added Amex to the 2 most common cards. We canceled all after selling our last rental home and closing the related Mercantile account. Cardservice sent a bill for the next month but caused no problems once we re-mailed and e-mailed the cancellation letter.

Big difference between our case and ones described above: We didn't need or order a port, just access to Cardservice's Linkpoint website. Unless you have a high-volume, small-ticket biz with customers or servers lined up at the registers, you can take a little time and save a lot of money (and trouble) by typing in customer numbers yourself as with phone transactions. If you're internet-only, PayPal seems most cost-effective.

-- Matt Lorenz, mattmedia of Florida, Inc., Riverview, St. Pete and Largo, Fla.

• Pi
      2nd of Jun, 2010

Don't accept cards for a week, when your money has cleared, go to your bank cancil payments, or put a stop payment on the company they shouldn't be able to pull money from your account if you tell the bank it is not allowed any more. (not sure if it will work?)IF YOU HAVE A CONTRACT AND THEY ARE NOT FOLLOWING THEIR END OF THE DEAL, LET THEM PAY TO SEE YOU IN COURT!!! ON THE FACT THAT THEY ARE NOT FALLOWING THE CONTRACTED AGREEMENT I WOULD THINK THEY WOULDN'T HAVE A LEG TO STAND ON!!!
    If you do this please write so the rest of us can fallow

• Ka
      20th of Jul, 2010

I signed up through a friend for credit card processing called "Card Payment Solutions, LLC. After charging many transactions over $1000-$2000 I ran a credit card for a customer of mine for $10, 000 for services I provided. I got a copy of there drivers license, California ID, Credit Receipts, emails of correspondence and They are refusing to release My money (which 70% is going to charity) so I can process my customers order. The money has been taken from there account already and Card Payment solutions is now saying I need to refund there money and get an alternate form of payment.

My Customer is located in Los Angeles and I have no way of getting a check/cash in time to get there materials on time for an event. What I don't understand is they have allowed me to process transactions over my contract amount (WHICH THEY WILL NOT PROVIDE) . I was never told I had a limit of $400 I could process. So them processing transactions for thousands is violating my contract. if they can do it ten times they can do it again, they just choose not to! I have a growing print/sign business and we are just starting to get government work which is for larger amount of work. If someone could please help I would appreciate it greatly. I am a young business man and don't have the resources to get this fixed.

Adrian Boysel
    info@kalprint.com

• Ka
      20th of Jul, 2010

Has anyone spoken to "Cole" at Card Payment Solutions. Probably one of the Rudest Customer Service People I have ever spoken to. Completely rude from the time he called till I hung up on him. Interrupted me, Insulted me, and was of no help at all. I simply asked him for information so that I could be better informed and all he wanted to do was talk down to me. I am posting his number on here to his direct line... Feel free to see how helpful and friendly he is. I left a message with the manager "JULIE" yesterday hopefully she calls back, we will see.

COLE: 818-540-6542

Thanks for your time,

Adrian
    info@kalprint.com

• We
      22nd of Nov, 2010

I am a sales rep as well... The main issue is alway the sales rep!!! and the Merchants!!! every merchant I speak with wants everything for nothing... I have been doing this for over 15 years and have merchants that have been with me as long.
    I can honestly say that no merchant has ever read the contracts or asked any questions...I make sure that every one of them undersatnd what MONTHLY MINIMUM mean...thats the $25 they are talking about.. The $129 is an annual fee ... most processor have them...they can always be refunded...if you keep a relation ship with your sales rep or if you just call the help desk.
    what the other guy said is true...ASK A LOT OF QUESTIONS ITS YOUR RIGHT... ITS YOUR MONEY!
    WEHELPMERCHANTS@GMAIL.COM

• Ca
      5th of Feb, 2011

Card Payment Solutions is a fraud. You shouold contact this guy: ontyme.trmc@gmail.com.

• Cr
      19th of Mar, 2011

I agree that sales reps do not use full disclosure but with so many compliants coming into their office you would think that they would do what they can to help merchants out wehen they have been decieved. But I know for a fact that the people who run this compnay are dirtbags. I have a friend who use to wrok for them and they would call her from the sales office and tell her they are running a promotion and to offer to her merchants flat fee pricing of 1.59% and .15 cents. that they would never pay more than that for a transaction. $5 statement and $15 monthly min. They forgot to tell her it was 1.59 over IC. She was a new person in the industry so she new no different! Needless to say there are alot of pissed off mercahnts in my town!

• Ud
      4th of May, 2011

I closed my account months ago. My contact fees were all marked through. My agent lied on mulitple counts. I have attempted for months to contact them via email and phone. My attorney is now cooresponding with them. They know they can continue to do it if you give them a bank account to withdraw from. Your bank won't do anything about it. This is ridiculous and with all of this how are they still functioning. Anyone who wants to follow I will be taking themt court.

• Cp
      26th of May, 2011

I too had a very bad experience with this company in my opinion they are crooks the sales man came to my store many times I turned him away finally I sat down with him what a mistake. He told me his company could save me lots of money I admitted to him that my knowledge of their business was little that all I did know was that I was under contract with my current company he assured me they would pay for the early termination fee and beat all my rates at the time. We proceeded to sign up with their company after about a month and a half my account is debited by my past company for not processing I decided to investigate the matter further and it turns out that not only did they not terminate my contract with my prior processor put I was paying a lot more money now then I was with the old company I called my rep and he assured me that it was a mistake and that he would come see me tomorrow that turned into 2 months and many unanswered calls needless to say i switched by to my old processor after all I was still being charged by them for not processing and their rates were much better. Finally the CPS rep shows up and apologizes for the so called mistake I accepted and simply asked to be let out of my contract with out any further charges he said that they would not do that that I was stuck with them or had to pay $780 to terminate. He then ask me to continue processing with his company I explained to him that the only two things that I asked their company to do they did not do so therefore I have no confident in him or his company. He basically tells me that I would have to deal with a monthly charge of $30 or pay the early termination. I proceeded to contact his superiors at the management level and all I got was the was a terrible attitude by the lady that answers the phones cant think of her name right now and when I finally got through to the President it was more of the same. Next thing I know my account is debited $780 for early termination this after 6 months of $30 charges these people are crooks. Not to say that all their reps are but when the head person in charge is a crook what else can you expect its beyond any reps control I would suggest they find a better company to work for and I hope that their is something we as consumers can do about this these people are a modern day version of organized crime.