Caravelle Boats / Poor quality

I bought a new Caravelle 223 Interceptor and its the worst handling boat i have ever owned. the quality is poor through out and the dealer service has been horrible. When i contacted Caravelle they could have cared less, told me that i shouldnt have ordered it with the larger motor... They Suck.

Sc

Comments

• Cm
      13th of Nov, 2009

You bought a boat without test driving it? duh.

12th of May, 2017

I BOUGHT A NEW CARAVELLE 17EBO IN MAY OF 2015. LAST MONTH HAD IT OUT ON THE WATER AND DISCOVERED THAT THE ENTIRE CAVITY OF THE HULL WAS FULL OF FUEL. I TOOK IT TO A DIFFERENT DEALERSHIP SINCE I MOVED 5 HOURS AWAY FROM THE DEALER I PURCHASED IT FROM TO SEE WHAT WAS GOING ON WITH IT. THEY DISCOVERED THREE HOLES IN THE TOPOF THE FUEL TANK NEAR THE HOSE INTAKES. THESE ARE NOT PUNCTURE HOLES BUT HOLES THAT HAVE ROTTED THROUGH THE TANK. WE WERE LUCK THAT NOBODY WAS INJURED DURING OUR TRIP ON THE WATER SINCE WE WERE FLOATING AROUND ON A BOMB. THE DEALERSHIP SAYS THAT CARAVELLE WILL NOT COVER THIS UNDER WARRANTY AND THE COST TO REPAIR WILL BE BETWEEN $4, 000.00-$5, 000.00. I CALLED CARAVELLE DIRECT AND THEY WILL NOT EVEN TALK TO ME ABOUT IT. ITS OBSERD THAT A COMPANY WILL MANFACTURE A PRODUCT LIKE THIS AND NOT STAND BEHIND IT. I UNDERSTAND HOW THINGS CANT BE COVERED FOREVER ON A BOAT BUT COME ON NOW!!! A ROTTED FULE TANK THAT IS BUILT INTO THE HULL AND THE ONLY WAY TO REPLACE IT IS TO CUT THE BOAT APART. I WILL NEVER OWN A CARAVELL BOAT AGAIN. ANY ADVISE ON GETTING AN ATTORNEY INVOLVED FOR MAKIMG THINGS RIGHT? THIS IS A SAFETY ISSUE AND NEEDS TO BE CHECKED INTO FOR RECALLS OF THIS MODEL. JUST NOT SURE HOW TO GO ABOUT IT. NOBODY SEEMS INTERESTED IN HELPIING ME NOW THAT THEY HAVE $25, 800.00 OF MY HARD EARNED MONEY FOR SOMETHING THATS WORTH LESS THAN $13, 000.00 NOW. WHERE IS THE HONESTY AND INTERGRITY IN THESE COMPANIES NOW DAYS???