Carallumma Extreme / Unauthorized charges

On February 27, 2009 a charge from CARALLUMMA EXTREME was posted onto my credit card statement in the amount of $34.84. I did not recognize this charge and proceeded to do a google search to obtain information on that product. I found that it is a weight-loss pill that is somehow making unauthorized charges to several individuals accounts without ANY knowlege of the consumer. I've filed a dispute with my credit card company and currently waiting for the results.

Je

More Carallumma Extreme Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ji
      4th of Mar, 2009

On March 2, 2009, my debit card account was charged $34.84. A few days earlier, we had received a small bottle of diet pills in the mail (from Nevada, phone number on the label: 877-763-5283). I thought it was an advertising gimic (freebie). Not so. When we called the number, the message tells you to wait for an available service person, but then asks you to leave a message.

• Ra
      4th of Mar, 2009

Indiapost EMS Speedpost
    Posted: 2009-02-29 by Rahul Thakur [send email]

Non-delivery of important documents
    Document no. EE787716135IN dated 20/02/2009 9.26pm booked at Nawanshahr, Punjab on 020.02.09 for delivery to Netherlands Den Haag. But not delivered until now.

• Ke
      11th of Mar, 2009

Not only does the fraudulent company go by the name of carallumma extreme it uses adipose rx. If you receive a bottle immediately report to your credit card company. I don't know how they got my Chase card number

• Gu
      15th of Mar, 2009

The same thing had happened to me - I had a total of 3 charges over last 3 months and notified fraud department of my credit card company.
    Called number on my statement all i got was answering machine.
    Also be on the lookout for : ADIPOSE RX.

This significance is the same charge amount of 34.84

• Dr
      16th of Mar, 2009

Same as everyone else. I had to cancel my card because it was determined to be FRAUD. This product is crap and the perps even worse.

• Ph
      24th of Mar, 2009

March 22, 2009 this company is still able to get into peoples bank and credit card accounts. What ever happened to a "signature" required? I'm a 5'11", 155 lb. I'm a widower so I live alone, what would I need diet pills for? And this company tries to tell me I ordered them. I was able to speak to a live person after waiting almost an hour but the line was so broken up I couldn't understand what the woman told me. I finally heard her say they would remove the charges, so I'm waiting to see.

Does anyone know of a way to keep this from happening? Please post it if you do.

• Di
      25th of Mar, 2009

I did not authorize nor order this product cahrged $34.84 disputing with my credit card company

• Dw
      25th of Mar, 2009

Report it as fraud and close your account. They told me they would stop charging and suddenly I get 2 more charges. The banks don't seem to have a way to stop them from charging.

• Sh
      25th of Mar, 2009

I also have this problem with carallumma extreme, my problem started in December of 2008. I thought the problem was solved when I disputed the charge through my bank and now it is March of 2009 and I recieved another charge. I was charged about $150.00 and have had to cancel my card and get another with a different number. If anyone starts a class action suit I want in. shelly_dc@yahoo.com I also tried calling the 188 number for them several times and did not get an answer.

• Ra
      25th of Mar, 2009

Read some of the complaints here on Caralluma. Some people say it's just a few Scam Artist from India.

• Br
      26th of Mar, 2009

I too have been contacted by my credit card company about Carallumma Extreme. I was charged with 34.84 today via internet purchase and I had not even been on the internet until now. Thank goodness, the credit card company flagged it and denied the charges before contacting me. They may have had this problem with this company previously. I don't know why they denied the charge, but am very thankful for them doing so. I let them know how much I appreciated it. Like a lot of others, now I also had to cancel my card and wait for a new card to arrive. These people should be locked up and have the key thrown away. If a lawsuit is brought against them, I too want a part of that action. It's a shame when we live in a day where people would rather spend more time thinking of ways to rip hard working people off, than to actually go out and make an honest living. They may get away with it here, but they will not in the hereafter. "Vengence is mine saith the Lord."

• Sl
      26th of Mar, 2009

I just went in to look at my bank account and noticed a charge for $34.84 from this company I never heard of. This was charged on my debit card. My bank is blocking my card and I'm getting a new one. It's scary that someone can do this and the bank says it went through already and can't cancel it. I filed a complaint.

• Do
      26th of Mar, 2009

I just checked my bank statement and too found this charge from a company that I had never heard of in my life. Called the bank and got a new card issued, along with a refund for both the $34.84 and the international transaction fee charge. I am absolutely disgusted that this is such a widespread problem - I hope someone out there with more knowledge of the legal system can pursue further legal action!

• Be
      26th of Mar, 2009

I got an alert this morning that a charge for $34.84 from outside the US had been posted to my checking account via a debit card transaction. I called the bank because I had never heard of this company. I found out that the charge was to my husband's debit card. We called and cancelled the card. When I Googled the merchant name to find out about this company, I hit the jackpot finding out what a big scam this is. How did they get the numbers? My husband has never used the card on-line to purchase anything.

27th of Mar, 2009

I checked my bank account today 3/27/09 and discovered a charge of 34.84 from this company that I have never heard of.

I have not ordered any diet pills from anyone other than my docotr.

• Bu
      28th of Mar, 2009

I too was illegally charged the $34.84 just like everyone else. I had never heard of this company until I saw the credit card statement, and did some digging on the internet. So here’s what you do… File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau of Utah (www.utah.bbb.org) against a company called “Lose Weight Systems” in Provo. Here’s their information:

Lose Weight Systems
    223 W. Bulldog Blvd
    #304
    Provo, Utah 84606
    877-297-2311
    800-518-9164
    800-430-1529

Their website is www.loseweightsystems.com.

That should get the proverbial ball rolling. I figure if enough people complain, perhaps the Attorney General of Utah will get involved and shut them down. It's one thing to make an error in charging a card, but to illegally obtain so many (hundreds, perhaps thousands of) people's credit card information and charge those cards - even small amounts - means they have to be stopped. A search using the company name and the bottom two phone numbers as shown above has led to websites where many more complaints against these people have been posted. This has been going on for months now, and I'm still learning of other aliases and charge amounts from other people on other websites who have complained about this. From what I've read on other websites, this company is charging cards located in other contries as well.

In addition to my complaint to the Better Business Bureau I have contacted the Attorney General in Utah, with specific information I've gathered online regarding this company's activities, as well as my own unauthorized credit card charge. I'm hoping the attorney will look into all this and put an end to the company. Let us all hope...

• Te
      13th of Apr, 2009

Just going over my bank statement and realized, like all of you, that I was charged the $34.84 from carallumma extreme. I have not received any pills in the mail - yet. I called my bank to dispute the charges and closed my account! Don't know if I'll get my money back, as I type this, I have been on hold with Lose Weight Systems for almost 40 minutes!!! - - Not sure how much patience I have left. Please report this to your bank as fraud! I will also take Bubut's advice and contact the BBB of Utah- Is there anything else that can be done???

• Em
      18th of Apr, 2009

On Mar. 23, 2009 a charge was posted to my credit card for $34.84. I did not charge this transaction to my account. I found this website listed under this product specifically to complain about unauthorized charges. That tells me I am not the only one who has had this problem! I have filed a dispute with my credit card company and I am currently waiting for the result at this time.

Ilene McKenzie

• Te
      18th of Apr, 2009

unauthorized charge to my credit card

• Ro
      20th of Apr, 2009

I have been charged for this weight lose product which I have never received nor did I order it.