Caralluma Extreme / unauthorized charges

E Hargus
I saw a charge on my bank acct to a debit card I never use from "caralluma extreme." I called the 800# ("Loose Weight Systems") & they told me the diet pills were a cross promotion (in small print) that was from an online purchase on a certain day. I knew I was not online that day and she agreed to credit the acct. She had my address and home number, but could not give me the website visited saying there were several. I started to research and am really mad now!!! What can we do to stop these people? I really want to know! this is rediculous! If they get away with it, there WILL be others.

N  5th of Mar, 2009 by
This company has sent us weight loss supplements that we never ordered and has charged our credit card twice (two months) for $34.84. We are not alone, as it seems many others have recorded complaints on this website. I called the 800 number on the bottle and spoke to someone in Provo, UT who said they would reverse the charges on my credit card (fat chance!). Visa is already looking into the disputed charges. I would be curious to know whether anyone has contacted the attorney general for either UT or NV.
N  25th of Mar, 2009 by

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is expanding, for the second time, its nationwide alert to consumers about tainted weight loss products containing undeclared, active pharmaceutical ingredients.

The FDA has identified additional weight loss products (Herbal Xenicol, Slimbionic, and Xsvelten) and new undeclared active pharmaceutical ingredients (fenproporex, fluoxetine, furosemide, and cetilistat).

"These tainted weight loss products pose a great risk to public health because they contain undeclared ingredients and, in some cases, contain prescription drugs in amounts that greatly exceed maximum recommended dosages, " said Janet Woodcock, M.D., director of the FDA's Center for Drug Evaluation and Research. "Consumers have no way of knowing that these products contain dangerous drugs that could cause serious consequences to their health."

On Dec. 22, 2008, the FDA warned consumers not to purchase or consume 28 different products marketed for weight loss. On Jan. 8, 2009, the FDA expanded the list of tainted weight loss products to include 41 additional tainted products. The FDA will continue to update this list as warranted.

The products listed above, some of which are marketed as dietary supplements, are promoted and sold on various Web sites and in some retail stores and beauty salons. Some of the products claim to be "natural" or to contain only "herbal" ingredients, but actually contain potentially harmful ingredients not listed on the products' labels or in promotional advertisements. These products have not been approved by the FDA, are illegal, and include the following undeclared active pharmaceutical ingredients:

fenproporex – a controlled substance not approved for marketing in the United States;
fluoxetine – an antidepressant available by prescription only;
bumetanide – a potent diuretic available by prescription only;
furosemide – a potent diuretic available by prescription only;
rimonabant – a drug not approved for marketing in the United States;
cetilistat – an experimental obesity drug not approved for marketing in the United States;
phenytoin – an anti-seizure medication available by prescription only; and
phenolphthalein – a solution used in chemical experiments and a suspected cancer-causing agent that is not approved for marketing in the United States.
The FDA has inspected a number of companies associated with the sale of these illegal products and is currently seeking product recalls. Based on the FDA's inspections and the companies' inadequate responses to recall requests, the FDA may take additional enforcement steps, such as issuing warning letters or initiating seizures, injunctions, or criminal charges.

The FDA advises consumers who have used any products containing these ingredients to stop taking them and consult their health care professional immediately. The FDA also encourages consumers to seek guidance from a health care professional before purchasing weight loss products.

The health risks posed by these products can be very serious and include high blood pressure, seizures, tachycardia (rapid heartbeat), palpitations, heart attack, and stroke. Sibutramine, a controlled substance, was found in many of these products at levels much higher than the maximum daily dosage for Meridia, the only FDA-approved drug product containing sibutramine. These higher levels of sibutramine can increase the incidence and severity of these health risks. Fenproporex, another controlled substance, can cause arrhythmia and possible sudden death.

Health care professionals and consumers should report serious adverse events (side effects) or product quality problems to the FDA's MedWatch Adverse Event Reporting program either online, by regular mail, fax or phone.

Online: www.fda.gov/MedWatch/report.htm
Regular Mail: use postage-paid FDA form 3500 available at: www.fda.gov/MedWatch/getforms.htm and mail to MedWatch, 5600 Fishers Lane, Rockville, MD 20852-9787
Fax: 800- FDA-0178
Phone: 800- FDA-1088
A  23rd of May, 2009 by
I too was charged for this product and not only never ordered it but never received any product either
N  23rd of May, 2009 by
I received a charge on my credit card for Caralluma Extreme. Called the phone number and the recorded message said "Thank you for calling Weight Loss Systems", but couldn't get a live person. I not only never ordered this product, but never received it either. I checked online and found hundreds of complaints against this company for unauthorized credit card charges. The card they charged is a card on which I had suspended activity and I was under agreement with Bank of America not to use the card in order to keep the interest rate I had originally been given. They had tried to raise our rate, even though we had never been late on a payment, but when I called them they said they would put it back to the normal rate as long as I agreed not to use the card. Now that these charges have posted to my account, we are being charged 24% instead of 14%. I called Bank of America and they said I had to call the online merchant. Since it is a weekend, I will have to try again, since there is no one there to speak to now. I have found that the company is located in Nevada and am going to file a complaint with the Nevada Attorney General. I have read some complaints that say that their bank accounts are being charged. That is scary!