Caralluma Extreme / unauthorized charges

1 TX, United States Review updated:

I saw a charge on my bank acct to a debit card I never use from "caralluma extreme." I called the 800# ("Loose Weight Systems") & they told me the diet pills were a cross promotion (in small print) that was from an online purchase on a certain day. I knew I was not online that day and she agreed to credit the acct. She had my address and home number, but could not give me the website visited saying there were several. I started to research and am really mad now!!! What can we do to stop these people? I really want to know! this is rediculous! If they get away with it, there WILL be others.

Comments

• Cu
      5th of Mar, 2009

This company has sent us weight loss supplements that we never ordered and has charged our credit card twice (two months) for $34.84. We are not alone, as it seems many others have recorded complaints on this website. I called the 800 number on the bottle and spoke to someone in Provo, UT who said they would reverse the charges on my credit card (fat chance!). Visa is already looking into the disputed charges. I would be curious to know whether anyone has contacted the attorney general for either UT or NV.

• Lc
      23rd of May, 2009

I too was charged for this product and not only never ordered it but never received any product either

• Lc
      23rd of May, 2009

I received a charge on my credit card for Caralluma Extreme. Called the phone number and the recorded message said "Thank you for calling Weight Loss Systems", but couldn't get a live person. I not only never ordered this product, but never received it either. I checked online and found hundreds of complaints against this company for unauthorized credit card charges. The card they charged is a card on which I had suspended activity and I was under agreement with Bank of America not to use the card in order to keep the interest rate I had originally been given. They had tried to raise our rate, even though we had never been late on a payment, but when I called them they said they would put it back to the normal rate as long as I agreed not to use the card. Now that these charges have posted to my account, we are being charged 24% instead of 14%. I called Bank of America and they said I had to call the online merchant. Since it is a weekend, I will have to try again, since there is no one there to speak to now. I have found that the company is located in Nevada and am going to file a complaint with the Nevada Attorney General. I have read some complaints that say that their bank accounts are being charged. That is scary!