Caracol Cream / Fraud!! Class Action Lawsuit (Join me!)

Ontario, CA, United States Review updated:
4.95
Phone: (877) 550-0630

I am facing the same problems everyone on this complaint board has experienced, however I am not going to sit back and let this fraudulent company get away with their scam!!

For those of you have been scammed by CARACOL CREAM, please email me and join me as I file a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT against them!!

BAD BUSINESS PRACTICES/FALSE ADVERTISING/NOT 100% RISK FREE AS STATED
#1 - No cancellation policy is placed on their web site anywhere

#2 - Even if you cancel, right after pressing the order button...they do not cancel your order. Instead, they tell you that they have billed your card for $59.95 + shipping. (What happened to the 14 day trial offer? )

#3 - They do not abide by the Terms and Conditions they came up with. "You will be billed the super low price of $59.95 at the END of your 14-day trial period.." I was told that I have already been billed!!

#4 - What 14 day trial if you don't receive the product until 30 days from the order date??

Here's what I received via email after I cancelled the order the SAME day I ordered the product. They say the product has been shipped...but SHIPS 30 DAYS after placing your initial order! So, when does the 14 day trial kick in??

Hi Kim,

You have been removed from our Preferred Customer Club and you will not be receiving any further shipments. As per the Terms and Conditions you agreed to before placing your order, your card has been charged the 25% discounted rate of $59.95 for your second month's supply of Caracol Cream that has already been shipped to you (ships 30 days after placing your initial order). If you wish to return this shipment for a refund please contact me back for full instructions.

LADIES!!! We need to file a claim against Caracol Cream and put this shady business OUT OF BUSINESS!!

Please send me an email to join my list of consumers that have been scammed by this company.
Ki

Comments

Di
  18th of Sep, 2008
I agree with Kim. I was charged double and cannot get my money back or anyone to give me any service. What happens now.

Ju
  22nd of Sep, 2008
I also was scammed by this company and am trying to cancel future deliveries and charges to by account. I just had my credit card number changed as suggested. Any futher advise would be appreciated.
  28th of Sep, 2008
NOW I DON'T FEEL LIKE JUST A BLIND SUCKER ALL ALONE WITH THIS PROBLEM. THIS COMPANY IS A CROOK. EVERY COMMENT IS SIMULAR TO WHAT I'VE BEEN THROUGH AND I CAN NOT FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET THE SECOND ORDER SINCE THEY CLAIM THAT IT WAS SENT BEFORE I CALLED TO CANCEL SO FAR THEY HAVE CHARDED ME $59.95 PLUS $68.95. ON TOP OF ALL THIS IS THE HOURS I HAVE SPENT TRYING TO DEAL WITH THIS. WE ALL KNOW TIME IS MONEY!
Sa
  28th of Sep, 2008
Wow, I was going to place complaint for another company when I noticed a link to the "Caracol Cream" complaints. One thing i'm not sure if everyone on here looking for a refund noticed is that if they email returns @ caracol-cream.com they will get their return instructions. I'll post mine here just to be a help to you all looking for these:

Caracol Cream
5300 Ontario Mills Pkwy
Unit 400
Ontario, CA

I returned mine and within about 10 days I had a credit for the full $59.95 on my Visa. Now I don't know what everyone is compalinging about but I got the 14 day trial and i DID read the terms and conditions (make sure you do!). They do say how your going to be billed at the end of your trial...I knew that, but I still returned it for my refund. Maybe I'm missing something here? If you return it and they don't refund you that's one thing, but i returned it and got refunded. Did you ladies return it?
Fl
  29th of Sep, 2008
I ordered one jar of the Caracol Cream and returned the second with a letter telling them to cancel further ship-
ments. I haven't received any more but I have two charges on my Visa although I told them not to use my Visa
and to destroy my number on their records. I don't have the cream but the charges go on and I cannot seem to
be able to contact them as I don't have an address or phone number for them. What can I do??
Sa
  2nd of Oct, 2008
Hey to contact them all you have to do is email them at support@caracol-cream.com or returns@caracol-cream.com.
I already posted the address at my top post.
Ja
  2nd of Oct, 2008
Hello,

My name is Jason and I would just like to let you know I am a senior representative of the company Caracol Cream. I sincerely appreciate your opinion on our company and I have no doubt in my mind that your experience with our company comes with adequate proof and background. I am not going to try and deny these allegations as I have come to realize through my own personal research, I am fully acknowledging our flaws and faults. I do realize that our customer service does have some crucial holes, those of which we are striving to replace for our past, present and future customers.

I want to take this opportunity and apologize for these unpleasant experiences with our company thus far, and offer my assistance in resolving any and all issues your currently have with our company. If you are in need of any assistance that you were unable to receive via our customer support team, I would be more than happy to give it to you.

I understand that many customers have felt betrayed by our insufficient customer support and I want to do justice to their complaints by fully addressing them myself personally.

I do understand you are probably very angry with our company, however I do want to point out that we are currently accepting the fact that there were mistakes done, and I feel the only thing reasonable to do is to right these wrongs.

Ly
  15th of Oct, 2008
I too was charged and do not want the product as I did not sse any difference. I will be going to my bank tomorow and stopping any transactions so they will not get me again.
Do
  16th of Oct, 2008
I sent an e-mail complaing that my skin on face got red and itched. Telling co. tha t i didn't want anymore of their product. Just got my staement and they have put a jar on it and charged me for it! I DON'T WANRT YOUR PRODUCT AND WILL NOT KEEP IT WHEN IT COMES T O MY ADDDRESS. I AM NOT PAYING TO RETURN IT EITHER! SO SEND ME A RETURN LABEL RIGHT AWAY SO I CAN SEND YOU BACK YOUR TERRIBLE CREAM. DOROTHY DeSANO
Ja
  20th of Oct, 2008
I have been charged twice for a cream that does not work. I have tried to contact the company and the number is disconnected. I even tried to contact the address of the offices, they were very rude and said they no longer take calls for Caracol Cream. I have reported them to my bank and I am making a fraud complaint. This company has links to reputable site and people need to be warned.
So
  24th of Jan, 2009
would like to join suit
So
  24th of Jan, 2009
want to join action
De
  27th of Jan, 2009
I also have been a VICTIM of this company and their SCAMMING business ways.. I ordered my "14 Trial Order" on-line, reading all the terms and conditions thoroughly.
In the initial 14 day trial it DOES state that you will have 14 DAYS "starting" from the ACTUAL day that you RECEIVE the product to cancel and return what product is left if you are not 100% happy with it.
"ONE" week after receiving the product my bank card was charged another $59.95 fee for the next shipment ..
My 14 day trial period had not even expired at this point.
I also found the cream to be uneffective and disatisfactory.
BUT before I could cancel within that 14 day TRIAL period I was billed AGAIN for another 59.95 for the next shipment.
Calling the customer service number I was told there was nothing they could do about it until I returned the rest of what was left of the TRIAL JAR of the product and then at that point the company would refund the SECOND charge of $59.95.
I asked to speak to a supervisor and was hung up on by that customer service person.
I called my bank and they stated that as soon as the charge came out of a "pending status" on my account that they, MY BANK, would then issue me a temporary credit for the 59.95 that this company had taken from my account illegaly.
My bank is sending me some forms to fill out as a complaint against Caracol that I must fill out to explain my position.
I have sent the TRIAL JAR of this product back to Caracol with a return receipt and PROOF of delivery request.

WORD to all of you out there...GO TO your Bank or Credit Card company and DISPUTE this charge with them if you can not resolve it directly with this FRAUDULANT Company called CARACOL..
If this company gets enough "charge Backs" from there bank, their bank does not look highly at them when this happens over and over and it WILL raise the banks eyebrows or even the bank can and does have the option of closing their account with this company..

PLEASE INCLUDE ME IN THIS CLASS ACTION ALSO !!!
DEBBIE MUENZEL
  28th of Jan, 2009
I received my refund immediately after they received the remainder of the product. I emailed Caracol Cream/support the UPS tracking number for the returned product, after I used the product for 7 days. I complained at first regarding their $59.95 withdrawal from my bank account. But I saw the refund in my bank account as soon as they received the remainder of the product. By their prompt refund they restored my faith in dealing with companies like this online.
Marcus and Barbara
  28th of Jan, 2009
email contact (Caracol Cream/support as seen on their web page) was a great help in getting back my refund. They answered promptly when I emailed my complaint which was several times because of fear of being on their continued preferred costumer list. They immediately took me off their preferred customer list and told me via email they would refund my $59.95 once they received the remainder of their product. Which they did within the day that I began my complaints which was the same day that I noticed their withdrawal from my bank acct. The reason they refunded that day was because they received the product and acted promptly to make things right.
Marcus and Barbara
He
  2nd of Feb, 2009
Jason,

Perhaps it would be a good idea to discontinue the 14 day trial of your product until your customer service issues have been adjusted. I am about to make a return myself and would like to know the process will go smoothly.

Fingers crossed that it does,

Heather
Gb
  26th of Mar, 2009
Me too! Cancelled the credit card they fraudulently billed.
Gb
  26th of Mar, 2009
Add me to the list
Ka
  23rd of Apr, 2009
hi kim thay did the samething to me and now im still trying to get my money back karen kephart email is kkephart4454@verizon.net
Ka