Caracol Cream / caracol cream fraud

1 Ontario, CA, United States Review updated:

Like so many others here, I was duped by caracol cream. I was offered the "two week free trial" so I decided to order the product. I never received the product, but was charged $68.90 on 9/8/08. I have battled with them over my refund and removing myself from my "membership" — something I never agreed to. Before the membership could be cancelled, I was told another shipment is en route to me and another (surprise, surprise) charge will be placed on my credit card. If I call to complain, I am told someone will get back to me "within 48 hours” but they never do. If I complain via email, I receive generic responses back. It is infuriating! I'm disgusted by their unethical business practices. Please learn from my error in judgment and do not support this company.

Tr

Comments

• Le
      27th of Sep, 2008

I have been having the very same experience - generic answers to umpteen emails, chat sessions with the online "customer service reps, " and worst of all, I returned the product that they claim they never received and after the fact, they told me I needed to put other information on the box. IT'S A SCAM!! I want to reach that Pam Estel lady, if she even exists, and give her a piece of my mind. What a hassle to have to cancel my credit card all because I'm getting charged for product I never ordered.

NEVER ORDER FROM A COMPANY ONLINE UNLESS IT'S WELL-KNOWN AND APPROVED LIKE EBAY, ETC.

• Ho
      23rd of Oct, 2008

I did get the product, though I had cancelled the second I saw it was a monthly billing thing. I could spend pages detailing the trouble I went through to get off their list, even though I cancelled THREE different ways when I sensed something was fishy.

Thank God for my credit card company, who didn't pay the bill when I notified them that the deal was a scam. Who knows how much longer I'd be paying if they were still getting my money?

• Me
      12th of Nov, 2008

I had a similar experience!!! First of all, I'm an actress and model, so I know about skincare. I hated this product, and those who love it might need to try a real moisturizer to compare. It smelled like it had turned in less than 2 weeks. When I tried to call and cancel, I couldn't even get a person on the line! It would connect for a few seconds, then automatically disconnect. I was livid. I also sent an e-mail to which I got an automatic response telling me that it takes a very long time to get back to us by e-mail. Wow. No working phone and no e-mail. . . and how am I supposed to cancel again? I got charged again and never even received the product. I got my bank on the line with them and made them cancel with my banker on the line. These people are such scammers though, that I feel I need to replace my debit card! If you doubt all of this, there are several complaint sites devoted to this company's fraud. Be careful not to make the same mistake I did!

• Me
      15th of Nov, 2008

I also have had a very bad experience with this company. Samething than everyone, I couldn't get anyone competent over the phone. After fighting with them over emails, they finally have told me to do not accept the package when UPS would bring it to my door and that way I was going to get refund automatically. After one month, I received another email from them saying that a second cream has been sent to me. Again, I have to go through all this BS and again they suggest me to refuse the package and that I was going to get refund automatically. A mistake from their part has happened and they refunded me even before I received the package. Well guess what I did, I kept the cream when it came and then call my credit card for lost card. HA! HA! HA! I got the cream for FREE. I am so happy to make them pay back for all trouble they gave me!!!

• Je
      26th of Apr, 2009

I wish I would have read these complaints before I ordered. This product dried my face out and it broke it out in a very stange rash!!! From what I understand this product is really made in Mexico, so they could be putting rat piss for all we know... When I called they said my package had arrived 2 weeks before I received it, so I was stuck with it. I did cancel the auto ship and they sent me and they confirmed it in an e-mail, so if those cheaters try to send another one I am ready for them.. Of course product will go in trash because how can I pass it along? I have no idea what is REALLY in this product...This has made me realize that before I buy anything, I will go to reviews to see what others thought...Also when I opened jar before I threw it away and it had Black Stuff all along the rim..and to think I put it on my face!!!

• Mo
      4th of Jul, 2009

Please let people know about the company's scam. They shipped the product without my knowledge and charged me over $ 80.00 for the second shippment which I did not requested. I fought for my refund for the first and second products which costed me over $ 150.00. It was hassel to deal with operators who were rude and refused to give me the refund. They told me to keep the products and they will refund $60.00. I cannot use the products because they were not sealed. In addition, when I applied some of the creame on my hand, I had rashes for four days. Please do not deal with the company.

• Sh
      6th of Jul, 2009

After reading the above emails I feel lucky that I never received my second shipment I was only charged for my initial product. After 2 1/2 months of calling & emailing to receive my next shipment I was always told the problem had been resolved and it would be mailed that day. I even went so far as to talk with a supervisor "David" and he assured me everything was taken care of for my next shipment and it was NOT! He was even going to give me a free order for my trouble but after the final lie I said forget it. I wish I had seen this website before I ordered. It certainly would have saved me a lot of time & trouble.
    Sheila

• Gw
      16th of Jul, 2009

DO NOT BY CARACOL CREAM!
    I tried Caracol Cream and had horrible problems trying to get off their automatic mailing list. At first the product didn't arrive and after a bit of complaining the company said they would "overnight" me a new jar. It took 2 weeks!!!
    Then, a month later I received a second jar. Unfortunately I hadn't read the "fine" print about the automatic shipping. As I felt this was an error on my part, I kept the second jar but IMMEDIATELY sent a letter requesting to be removed from their mailing list. About a week later a sales rep from the company called me to see how I liked the product. I told him that I did not see any difference between Caracol Cream and the over-the-counter products I normally use. I also told him I hated the automatic shipment plan. He tried talking me into more product by offering to ship it every other month then offering me a discount. The discount was for 1 jar only. I told him in no uncertain terms that I did not want any more product. At the end of the month I was sent yet ANOTHER jar. I called and was told that my letter with my signature wasn't good enough because "anyone could send a letter." I told them about the phone conversation but was told that since I didn't have the name of the man who I talked to, they couldn't verify my conversation. "Jenny" told me that upon return of the product, I would be credited the amount of the product plus shipping and that I would be taken off their mailing list. When I checked my bank statement, I hadn't been credited for the shipping. I called again. Kyla told me that they don't credit anyone for the shipping. I was angry and told her that Jenny told me that I would be reimbursed for the shipping. I felt that since the product had been shipped AFTER my request to be removed from their list, I should not be required to pay for ANYTHING! Kyla put me on hold to talk to Jenny who had no recollection of our conversation. I ask to speak to the supervisor. Kyla informed me that he would be in "meetings" all day but gave me an e-mail address to file my complaint. I too wish I had seen thei website before becoming involved. I will be contacting the Attorney General to see if anything can be done to stop this.

17th of Sep, 2009

I would liketo have a trial with free shipping.You can contact me by email mmohabeer1@yahoo.com

17th of Sep, 2009