Caracol Cream / scam and fraud

1 LA, United States Review updated:

Caracol cream is a fraud and a scam.

If you go to the caracol cream website www.caracol-cream.com,

You are greeted by a fictitious character "pam estel" who is the website claims is a "dermatology expert and anti-aging guru." but upon researching this lady, I discover she does not exist. The only place I can find her is on the caracol cream website. If she truly were a dermatology expert or anti-aging guru, there would be a plethora of information based on her dermatological knowledge, but there is nothing else out there on her except this website. She is obviously a model of a middle age who was hired for this purpose.

And whenever you visit this website, it will say that they have a special offer that will end at "11:59 pm (today's date)." no matter what day you visit, that day is the day the offer will end, or else you will supposedly miss out on the great deal. Also, there is a number of 644 free trials that pops up on one of the screens that rapidly decreases. This is the number of free trials vanishing, so you'd better hurry! This is a ploy to get the consumer to feel pressure to purchase quickly before they lose the "deal," not giving the consumer enough time to research. But when you hit "refresh" button, the number goes back up to 644 and counts down again.

If you try to close out, a "live chat" agent appears. This is not a live person but a computer giving spiels. When you ask if it is a live person, they actually have it programmed to answer "I am a live virtual agent. :)"
However, they never answer any real questions, I just get the same paragraphs sent to me, asking me to not lose out on the offer, etc. But when I type in "live person" the same response "I am a live virtual agent. :)"appears over and over. They have their site programmed to respond this way to buzz words of "live" and "person."

If you attempt to research information on caracol cream, they have a clever new "organization" they created to lead unsuspecting customers back to them. The caracol cream group has created a commercial website for the fictitious "american anti-aging association." this group claims to be a "non profit organization" for the consumer, yet their website suspiciously ends in.com, which is a flat giveaway that this is a commercial website. (the.com stands for "commercial.)

A real organization will end in.org this fake website is clever in that it mimics the true organization of the real american aging association. The real group organization website is.www.americanaging.org

The fake website is http://www.americanantiagingassociation.com

The fake website is rather humorous. If you click on the link, it features a building that obviously has typed text superimposed on the building that says"american anti-aging association."

On this website, there are also errors in grammar, syntax and punctuation in addition to use of colloquialisms, which is a hallmark of scammers. Furthermore, if you go to their"history"section, they actually misspelled the word"history"to"histroy."such blatant errors should be a red flag to any consumer. Legitimate websites hire editors to ensure professional quality of their sites.

They also boast that they have a dr. Yangoff who has been a"highly respected and decorated dermatologist"on their team for 30 years. However, notice they do not bother to mention a first name of this"doctor."and upon searching for this dr. Yangoff, you can not find any information on him/her. The only information you can pull up about this character is on this website.

If there is a dr. Yangoff who is that highly respected and decorated for over 30 years, his/her name would appear in many publications and have many references and citations, and not be only on a counterfeit"americanantiaging association"website.

Additionally, this website says their studies are"highly regarded for years"but they offer no panels who have stated this information.

Bottom line: the"american anti-aging association"is merely a made-up commercial website linked to caracol cream to mislead the unsuspecting buyer back to the caracol site, and is not a legitimate organization. Caracol cream is an unethical site, not only for creating a fictitious"organization"to make unsubstantiated claims, but also for creating fictitious characters such as"dr. Yangoff"and"pam estel" who also make uncorroborated assertions. Buyer beware…

Comments

• Be
      31st of Jul, 2008

I totally agree with the above comments, this organization is out to get consumers to pay for something that is just a faud.

• Da
      7th of Aug, 2008

There were many red flags for me as well. I agree with everything in this posting. They are trying to pressure you into buying their "limited supply." The website is very unprofessional looking.

What about the photo of the headquarters that is supposedly in Ft. Lauderdale. Fla, there is a mountain in the background!! South Florida does not have mountains and we have palm trees.

THIS IS A SCAM!!

• Ke
      9th of Aug, 2008

BUYERS BEWARE!! This company is a scam. I orderd the 14 day trial.. called 10 mins later and tried to canecell. The 'young' sales rep told me that the company was closed for the day and that some one would call me back tomorrow to confirm my cancellation. What I got was an e-mail stating in the tag line "Caracol Cream- Do Not ship has been shipped", with the explanation that unfortunately the order has been shipped. No one called me back. They state a 14 day trial (if you return the product within 14 day's you will not be charged). I'm pretty sure they charged me the full $59.99 since they would not return my call stating..oops we allready shipped the product!! The company 's website is refered from another website (which also seems bogus) called the American Dermatological Association. There they claim that Caracol Cream was the #1 Winner of all the anti wrinkle products they tested. Yet there are no way's to formally contact this Association ("we are not open to the public" is what they state when you click on Contact Us).

• De
      10th of Aug, 2008

thank for the warning, I order the free trial but check on comment later and call cancel back right away. Did get the lady name Branda and she said she will cancel it and also said someone will call me. I went to email support and reply to the thank you email and cancel it again. Hope that would work. You can't trust anything now a day. Thank you very much.

• Le
      12th of Aug, 2008

Next thing you know they'll offer a mutlimillon dollar prize to order before the deadline as long as you provide them with your bank account number!

What a bunch of crap.

• Zd
      12th of Aug, 2008

I do not care if "Pam Estel" exist or not, I do not care if there on website is number 644 or else I am not buying website, I am buying cream and I bought one. And I can see it is working. Everybody is asking me what did I do to my face to look so younger ( after using for 2 1/2 month). Company was sending me monthly supplies and I did not use it up so fast. I called to a company, to cancel order, nice lady there did cancellation for me. No more monthly charges from that day. Later I ordered again just 1 jar so that it was. No complains. daughterter started using cream also, after 2 months she saw different. Cream is fantastic. Maybe website is not that perfect, but you have realizeise what you buying if website or cream

• Da
      17th of Aug, 2008

I did the same thing by going online and trying to chat with a live person, when I asked if they were a live person they told me they were a virtual person, I asked over and over if I have to give out any information on my banking account and it just kept giving me messages to buy the cream. They never gave me an answer. To Zedenka who wrote above, sometimes its not all about you and your results. Obviously, this is a scam, they are dishonest. I don't want to buy something from a dishonest person. I guess thats whats wrong with America today. No one really cares anymore about whats right or wrong. I sure do!!!

• Gi
      21st of Aug, 2008

This company is a scam. I orderd the 14 day trial.. called 30 mins later and tried to cancel. The sales rep assured me it would be cancelled. The sample was still shipped so, I called again. I was given a cancellation number which turned out to be an order number. They debted the 59.99 from my bank account after I had cancelled 3 times. I was told by my bank that I would probably need to close my account and reopen a new account to keep this from happening again. This company is definitely a SCAM and I would tell everyone not to order their product unless they have money to donate monthly to a bogus company.

• In
      21st of Aug, 2008
    Caracol Cream - Fraud and cheating
    www.caracol-cream.com

This company is fraudulent. The website is all hyped up like a tv ad and promises amazing results. A senor citizen would fall for this ploy and lose their hard earned money. This website should be shut down by for fraud and untrue promises of flawless skin. India S.

22nd of Aug, 2008

The place is a scam... I've used great creams from a really good health store here in Philly. I've tried a few... most work... when you use them every night. Most of them have anti-oxidents... gycolic acid... they all change a few ingredients... some are more money ... check the size. What I was pissed about on the website for "caracol cream" .. I couldn't find out the ounce/size. I've even purchased great cream at a "plastic" surgeon's office for about $40 (2oz.) jar., and only $25 for 2 ounces at the health store for derma "hyalurinic acid" cream. No shipping costs!

• Ai
      29th of Aug, 2008

It never promises "flawless skin", they just use very careful rhetoric.

The promise claims that they'll return the product if you're not satisfied within 60 days, not that it will give you flawless skin.

11th of Sep, 2008

I totally agree with you that this company should be shut down and soon. The are impossible to deal with when you want to cancel. They billed my credit card $59.00 for their trial offer. The cream makes your skin a little softer but it's not worth $59.00 every month. There are other less expensive cream out there without dealing with the nightmare. I wish I would of read the complaints because I would have never order from them.

• As
      16th of Sep, 2008
    Caracol Cream - false advertising/unauthorized billing
    14892 Paddock Drive
    Wellington
    Florida
    caracolcream.com

Order an inexpensive trial offer. Then they send you unauthorized additional products automatically and bill you automatically for the product which you didn't request in the first place. False or mis-leading advertising. Scam.

• Ba
      17th of Sep, 2008
    Caracol Cream - Double Billing
    5300 Ontario Mills Pkwy #400
    Ontario
    California
    Phone: 877-550-0630

I ordered Caracol-Cream over the internet. It was advertised as a free trial. I ordered on 09/09/2008. I have since been billed for $59.95 on August 24, 2008, plus $68.90 on 09/09/2009.

• Yv
      17th of Sep, 2008

I received the trial jar of Caracol Cream and they deducted $59.95 on 9/2; I emailed them yesterday, 9/16 to tell them not to send any further orders and today, 9/17 $68.90 was taken out of my checking account.

19th of Sep, 2008

I was dupped by the false claims that this cream was the next best thing to a face lift. The cream is absolutely awful and I have thrown the jar away. In addition, they sent me two additional jars which I did not authorize and charged my account without authorizaiton. What a scam operation going on. I think the cream is just a glorified version of an over the counter product you can buy at your local store in the beauty isle for $4.99!

• Pa
      23rd of Sep, 2008

I agree a 100% I ordered the trial cream and than received the merchandise, I sent it back by certified mail, the next thing I know they charged my account. I called them and they told me in other words tough luck. I should have asked for a return authorization.

I told them their company was disleading and I wanted it taking off my charge. Now I just received another box.

What a rip off these people are totally dishonest.

• Bo
      23rd of Sep, 2008

i also was scamed about caracol cream. i did order on a special order and was charged full price. they also sent a second jar that i sent back and also got charged for.

• Li
      23rd of Sep, 2008

False charges, I was told it was 4.95 for the first jar, I was charged 59.95 for 2nd jar after I canceled. Did not receive the second jar but was charged, call company they played dumb, received an email after I stopped payment to contact them, told me to respond to their email could not get into their site.

• Pe