Car-Stuff.com / Bait and switch!

1 NY, United States Review updated:

Terrible company!!!

I order a brake part and was told it would ship immediately and arrive in two days. It was not shipped for two days and then they send a fuel pump. They demanded I return the fuel pump, reorder my brake part and wait until they received the wrong part back before they could refund my money and then would have to reorder from scratch...supervisor was almost impossible to get on the phone and then he also gave me a song and dance about their "procedures". They had zero interest in making this right. Do NOT do business with this company. They told me they would email me a shipping label to return the wrong part and then did NOT do so.

I am disabled and on a fixed income, they didn't care.

I will be pursuing fraud charges to get my account credited with my bank

More Car-Stuff.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Gl
      3rd of Apr, 2008

Please do not buy from car-stuff.com they are a fraudulent company. Their photo on the internet site for the item I ordered was misleading. The photos showed one thing but I received a totally different item. They are giving me the run around on a refund and refused to send me a "call tag" for the items even though they reach the $50 minimum. I asked to talk to management who was of no help and kept repeating "their policy". Terrible customer service.

This is a terrible company to do business with please beware.

• Rw
      24th of May, 2008

Car Stuff is in the bussiness of telling you anything they can to make you think the part is right for your car. If you recieve the wrong part you can't send it back without the return stickers that "are in the mail to you" . They stuck it to me twice. Do Not Buy Anything From These Conmen.

• Co
      4th of Feb, 2009

Toyota ( Scam) AutoParts, Nissan ( Scam) AutoParts, Honda ( Scam) Autoparts at discount prices...The SCAM goes just a little further than CarStuff.com. If you go to either Carstuff.com, 1-800-262-0795; CarBodyParts.com, 1-888-251-1209; CarParts.com, 1-800-387-3198, and possibly a few others (since they claim over 30 warehouses) you will find they basically list the same parts by the same part numbers and the clincher is that even though their parts seem to be at give-away prices compared with other internet competitors, they make their money on the shipping (which is often more than the price of the part), and the handling (another separate item billed to you for a price that will be as much as the shipping).

I called all three of these listed above and spoke with three separate sales persons, when it came time to total the cost the one sales person seemingly disguised the exhorbitant S & H by saying "~twenty three Shipping" (notice no cents), "twenty one handling" (notice no cents). In the rigamarole of the telephone conversation, and with all the background noise in the sales room (sounds like hundreds of sales persons on telephones), the average person assumes they're calling Bombay and the person on the other end meant $23.21.

When the sales person was called on this they acknoledged it was $23.00 shipping plus $21.00 handling which is $44.00. From a comment one person made it seems the handling fee is where the salesperson makes their commission. On one small order I was quoted 400% for shipping and handling. It's funny, on all the calls I made they all put you on hold like their doing a bunch of running around to get you a great price - blah, blah, blah... Some discount internet auto parts that is!!!

• Ke
      1st of Mar, 2009

OUT STANDING ORDER,
    I, orderd an ignition switch for a 2004 Ascender 2-20-09. Car Stuff sent me an e-mail, stating there was a problem with the order, I placed. Car Stuff was asking me to call them about the problem with my order.
    So, I, called Car Stuff asking them what the problem was with the order. Their repersentive said that they needed my billing address. I explained to the rep. that they had already taken the money out of my account for the ignition switch. Then I asked him why they needed my billing address, if Car Stuff had already received payment for the ignition switch? The repersentive kept asking for my billing address and I finally asked why he needed it. The reply was, we just need your billing address for the order. I then replied, the order would not have gone through if the security number had not been entered, when the order was placed. Again the rep. asked for my billing address and I told him, he had the address in which the parts was to be sent. Again the rep. asked for my billing address. By now my thoughts were TMI (TOO MUCH INFORMATION). I then told the rep. they had the money for my part and that they could put it where the sun don't shine.
    They still have the money and I still haven't received the ignition switch. Plus, I haven't moved so where is the ignition switch?

• Or
      20th of Apr, 2010

I wish I had read this stuff before I ordered a muffler for a Saab 9-5 from this bogus outfit. They sent me a muffler for a Kia Sephia just wrapped in a thin cardboard wrapper, totally incorrect and yes, got the "english is my third language runaround" with a month to get a refund and no muffler forthcoming. Calling my credit card company today.

Norman at Fine Tuning Auto in Wisconsin

• Zo
      12th of May, 2010

I have he same problem with Auto Parts Fair which is using the same 800 number (probably the same company). After not hearing from them for over 10 days for a simple wheel cover replacement I decided to call. In fact I called three times. Each time the representative told me they could not find my order by the confirmation number, my name or my email address. One representative even gave me a number to a Utah based mortgage company (which has nothing to do with Auto Parts Fair) just to get rid of me. Another rep just put me on hold (actually ignore) and never got back on the line.

Judging from all of the reps I spoke to it sounds like a boiler operation out of the Philippines. I could not even speak to a supervisor because I was told there was only one and he was "busy"!

Total scamming online!

10th of Sep, 2010

19 days after I ordered and paid via paypal for a cat converter they email to tell me that they're out of stock on an item. Far and away the worst company I ever did business with on-line. Let me just write this a few more times so that others will find this info when doing an internet search on the comapny Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks Car-Stuff.com sucks

We regret to inform you that at the present time we are out of stock on:

Brand Sku Qty
    Eastern EAST40072 1

You will be issued a full refund within 24 hours. You should see a credit posted to your account in 2-7 business days. PLEASE NOTE: We cannot control how long it takes the financial institution to apply this credit to your account.

If you are interested, we may have a different brand available. Please call us at 1-866-503-5156 at your earliest possible convenience to discuss if the other brands we have available will meet your needs.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and hope that you will continue to shop with us in the future.

Thanks again for shopping with us.
    sales@car-stuff.com
    www.car-stuff.com
    "Your Discount Auto Parts Source"

• Aa
      11th of Jan, 2011

I haven't dealt directly with Car-Stuff.com, but recently the automotive bulletin board I operate came under a spam attack by someone located in the Philippines, using IP address: 222.127.29.66. This individual, who created multiple usernames, posted several generic yet seemingly relevant replies in our forums, each embedded with hidden links to parts for sale at Car-Stuff.com. I have to wonder if this person was paid or otherwise compensated to spam automotive boards with these deceptive, hidden links. NONE OF THE PART LINKS WERE RELEVANT TO THE TOPICS BEING DISCUSSED. It leaves a really bad taste in my mouth - I will never order from Car-Stuff.com, and will do my best to spread to word so others can avoid dealing with them. Thanks for reading!
    AA - Riviera Performance

2nd of Jul, 2011

Terrible company. Buyers beware.

I ordered an Oil Pan Gasket for my 2003 PT Cruiser, 4-cyl, classic-non-turbo. I received the package late and even worse, when I opened the box; was full of confetti(bubble wrap). [censored]! I couldn
    t believe these people scammed me! These are bad bad people doing bad business.