Car Rentals.com/Thrifty / lack of proper notification

1 Lexington, SC, United States

We rented a vehicle through CarRentals .Com which in turn went to Thrifty. Our confirmation code was H37319201D1. Arrived at SLC airport on 9/4/2017 and proceeded to the Thrifty counter to retrieve our rental. I had handed my husband my driver's license so as the both of us would be able to drive. We were told there would be an additional charge of about $13.00 per day for the extra driver. I explained no where on our contract did it say the car was restricted to the one driver. We didn't think that we had to call Thrifty with that kind of question since we had rented from Avis, Budget, Hertz and Enterprise previously and never had we been limited to one driver. Thrifty didn't want to discuss the matter further at the counter at the airport--only said it is company policy. We said we would never rent from Thrifty again and I think somewhere on your carrentals.com advertisement you should mention about their restriction to the one driver since the other companies you deal with do not have this guideline. FYI: this was a difficult trip as my husband is 71 years old and was compelled to drive the 2000 mile trip we took by himself.
Susan Cardosi