Car Insurance / Poor service!
I had purchased a car Insurance through ICICI Lombard in Jan.2007 for my New Skoda Octaviathrough Gurudev Motors, Chennai. I had paid the full comprehensive premium of around Rs. 45,000/-. When I had a small accident in June I had submitted a claim for the sme to ICICI Lombard through the company garage where it was repaired. The inspector for the insurance company after inspecting the vehicle asked me to submit 2 claim forms as the 2 side view mirrors have been damaged.
I explained graphically how I was sandwiched between 2 cars whilst overtaking at the time of the accident and he refused to accept my reasoning.
Not only the company paid 50% of the material cost for a 5 month old car they had denied payment to one of the mirrors. The material loss of Rs. 4000/- was very small compared to the insult of calling me a liar. I had thought about legal action but decided against since the hassle is not worth it.
Obviously they will not get my clientèle next year!!!
More Car Insurance Complaints & Reviews
- Car Insurance - Cancellation and Refund 
- Car Insurance - Bad Customer Service
- Car Insurance - raising of my car insurance and cancellation of my policy 
- Car Insurance - deducting money unauthorized 
- Car Insurance - cancellation fees
- Car Insurance - Incomplete repairs on car damages
- Car Insurance - no claims discount points not returned to me.
- Car Insurance - Repairing damages on my car