Car-Hire-UK.com / failure to return deposit

2 Heathrow, London UK, United Kingdom Review updated:

I live in New Zealand and visited my parents in the UK in September 2017. I hired a car through Car-Hire-UK.com via their web site. The cost of the hire (GBP approx 550) was deducted from my credit card on 16.7.17. Reservation Identification number 309986, ID9751. On the 22.8.17 a further GBP approx 700 was deducted from my credit card. I phoned from NZ to find out what this deduction related to and was told it was a security deposit and I would be refunded within 21 days after the return of the car. I returned the car on 27 September 2017 and to my knowledge there was no damage to the car or speeding fines etc.
I called before the 21 days was up to again be told it would be refunded after 21 days. I emailed on 10.11.17 to say I had not been refunded and got no response. I spoke to their chat line on 14.11.17 and was told I would be contacted in 72 hrs and had no response. I phoned 23.11.17 and could not get through to customer services but spoke to reservations who said someone would call within 24hrs and I had no response. I emailed again on 15.12.17 and had no response. Today 5.1.18 I have tried using the customer services on line contact form and it will not send, the link is not operative and has not been thought the last few months. The website says to send all inquiries and complaints via customer services but the forms do not send and the phone is not answered. Each call I have made has eventually got through to the same person, a mature male as I recognize his voice and he assures me he will help but still nothing happens. I have not been refunded to date and it is now over 3 months.

Bs
Jan 4, 2018

Comments

• Ph
      19th of Sep, 2018

This is a FAKE review they dont take deposits!!!