CAR COLLECTION INC / BROUGHT A CAR WITH WARRANTY ON 10/22/2008 NOT HONORED

6130 MEMORIAL DRIVEStone Mountain, GA, United States Review updated:
3.65
Phone: 770-498-7227

MY SON WHO JUST GOT BACK FROM IRAQ BROUGHT A 2001 DODGE RAM 1500 WITH A REBUILT ENGINE IN IT 22 OCTOBER 2008 AND ON THE 23RD OF OCT IT STARTED KNOCKING AND CUT OFF ON THE WAY TO TRUST WINTERIZED, TO GO TO NEW YORK WHERE HE IS STATIONED, I WAS TOLD THE TRUCK IN FACT ALL OF THERE CARS COME WITH A 3000 MILE/3MONTH WARRANTY. I HAD TO TRUCK TOWED BACK TO THE DEALERSHIP WHERE I WAS TOLD WE DIDN'T BUY A WARRANTY AND WHATEVER WAS WRONG WITH IT WE DID IT TO THE TRUCK. I HAVE THE SIGNED PAPER AND THE WARRANTY ON THE TRUCK IN MY HAND AND THEY WANT HONOR IT TOLD ME AND MY SON WE WOULD HAVE TO BUY A ENGINE FOR THE TRUCK AND THEY WOULD PUT IT IN FREE. HE DIDN'T HAVE THE TRUCK 24 HOURS HAD NOT BEEN DRIVEN BUT 45 MILES AND HE DON'T WANT TO HONOR HIS WORD. THERE SHOULD BE A LAW AGAINST DEALERSHIPS LYING AND TRYING TO GET AWAY WITH IT. CAR COLLECTION ON MEMORIAL DRIVE STEALS FROM OUR AMERICAN SOLDIERS. THE CONTRACT IS ONLY 2 DAYS OLD HOW IS THIS RIGHT I NEED HELP GETTING THEM TO HONOR THE WARRANTY OR GIVING HIS HAD EARNED MONEY FIGHTING FOR THIS COUNTRY BACK. NOT FAIR BUSINESS.
La

Comments

Jo
  13th of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
I also purchased a car from Car Collection Inc with a Warranty that is completely useless. I have attempted to take the car back to them three times and they insist that there isn't anything wrong with the car...I attempted to take the car to multiple mechanics (to get it fixed) and they will not accept the warranty nor will they work on the car do to it's "condition"...Car Collections is a complete rip off. One of the times that I took the car back, I was going to trade it in for a different car. I drove three other cars and all three had a check engine light on, heck one of them wouldn't go into reverse. I am currently attempting to sue them do to them selling an invalid warranty and selling a car that is completely incapable of passing an emissions test, though they some how was able to get me an emissions test (per a mechanic I spoke with they did a back door test).
  28th of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
I also purchased a vehicle from them in December of 2007 a Chevy blazer, a total piece of CRAP! I had ART BURKE as a salesman, he is the one with no teeth and Full of ###. The car gave me more of a headache than walking in 10ft of snow while drinking a ice cold thick milkshake! Everything went wrong...No Heat/AC, Bad Power steering, a Loud Humming sound, bad Brakes, and would overheat and cut off!!! This all happened approximately 48hrs after I pulled it off the lot! Then when I went to register the vehicle, it had NO EMISSIONS! THOSE ###! I brought it back and they had some "Mobile Emissions guy" pass the piece of ###! Unreal! Needless to say I fussed, argued and almost had to fight to get them to take their car back! They did after a few months of the back and forth of them half ### fixing the issues.
I was a fool twice and desperate so I traded that car back to them for a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee, let's just say that I have had the same exact issues with this vehicle, AND both my driver and passenger window motors went out and I can't roll down my windows at all! I also have a cool feature in this vehicle, I get about 6 inches of water in my passenger floor from the messed up AC/Heater Core issue!!! They will not fix it either, so I am pretty much stuck! I also need Hulk Hogan to make left turns from the power steering/steering column being so bad! They have changed mechanics, and management but I don't see a difference in service or anything! I can cry I hate my car so much...NEVER AGAIN! Don't buy anything from here, please save yourself the trouble!!! Walk first, you won't be sorry! That is just my two cents...Hope it helped someone! We gotta get the word out about this place because they are down right liars, thieves and criminals in the car business.
PS...I have filed a formal complaint also with the BBB and several other companies.
Su
  4th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
i have also purchased (1/27/09) a car from Car Collection Inc. they suppsedly replaced the catylitic converter the car now has a hirendous exhaust leak i also called the warranty company (Auto Service Inc.) they informed me the warranty was cancelled by the people @ car collection i have lodged a complaint with the better business bureau and speaking with my attorney
Su
  25th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Thank you for posting your comments. I was looking at a car on their website that I was inteesting in buying and came across the comments posted here. I won't waste my time!! Thank you very much SuperDave, 143ladydon and Joseph Dufour for saving me and I'm sure other potential buyers from getting ripped off. Suber
Ka
  6th of Aug, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I purchased a used vehicle there Feb 08, two days later the check engine light came on. My mechanic said it was the catalytic converter. The supposed warranty on the car wouldn't cover this. Took it back to dealership and they charged me $375 to replace the catalytic converter. Check engine light came on again. Thinking it was something else I later had the oxygen sensors replaced elsewhere. Engine Light came back on! Fast forward to yesterday.. new mechanic pulls out catalytic converter and tells me it was the ORIGINAL THAT CAME WITH THE CAR! I'm not made of money, when one buys a used car there's a reason. I am highly disappointed and upset that I was told a bald faced lie by this dealership regarding the work they did on my car.
  19th of Jun, 2010
We shopped 5 different local dealerships in the Metro area when looking to buy our 350z and Dale with Car Collection was by far and away the most professional and honest salesman we dealt with. Their price was the best with no suprises and we will definately bring our business to them in the future.
  19th of Jun, 2010
We are tough customers in that we want quality in the product that we are purchasing AND with the people helping us to make that purchase. We visited a number of dealerships in our area and found Car Collection, and especially Dale, to be top notch in the way they treat their customers. They do not insult their customers with the usual "games" that their competitors play. Dale went out of his way to make sure that we were very knowledgeable about the vehicle and more than satisfied in every aspect. Great job, Dale, and thank you for making our experience a very pleasant one. I will recommend Dale and Car Collection to all of my friends and family
fas
Co
  31st of Aug, 2010
this is crazy, u guys are stupid enough to let this happenned, if in fact it really happenned lawsuits would easily be filed and im sure that "car collection inc." would be out of business due to "facts" like these. apparently u arent the only ones that had a problem. clearly stating that there is/are business. joseph- ur son is in the military right? telling this story to the judge, any judge, would have them shut down car collect. inc. right away. Im sure theres more to the story that what ur saying.
Re
  5th of Oct, 2010
we will see soon...trying to strike a fair deal this evening with a knowledgeable and professional salesman...we were a little dissapointed when we found ourselves off by $300...the target price was proposed by them, but management decided not to reduce the internet price after over an hour of discussions...not sure how it will turn out, but hope that we will be able to report "Great Job & Customer Service" tomorrow...
So
  9th of Mar, 2011
I wish my son and I had checked this dealership out before he purchased his car. It was his first time buying a vehicle. He purchased a 2003 cadillac sls on 2/4/11 with extended warranty and on 2/7/11 the check engine light came on. We took it to mechanic who stated sensor in transmission was bad. Also had Autozone perform diagnostic test and came up with the same result. Contacted warranty department and was told warranty not on file. We called Carlos at dealership & he wanted us to fax over a copy of our warranty to send to warranty department. Did that & called warranty folks and they said did not receive. Went around and around and finally today(3/8/11) warranty department says they have it. Now we hope that when he takes it to shop he won't be told they wont honor warranty as so many other cusotmers have been told. Very disappointed in the dealership and if they are scamming people they should not be in business.
Me
  28th of May, 2011
I purchase a van from them 5/6/2011 and only had it for three weeks my transmission start slipping. Took it to the shop yesterday and it cost 1500 dollars for the transmission and 400 dollars for the labor!!! Try o contact them and tell them what was going on and they claim we didn't purchase a warranty!!! Something need to be done about this dealer ship!!!
Jd
  23rd of Jun, 2011
I have had similar problems with this dealer. Purchased a vehicle and within 2 days it started leaking. Turned out to be a $3500 repair. Thankfully, we were able to use our warranty but it covered only $1500. I will NEVER step on their lot again and would urge others to say away as well.

Carcollectioninc.com Logo Carcollectioninc.com