Captovis Advanced Industries Inc. - Warranty Work / Withholding payment from contractor

1 GA, United States Review updated:

This is long but read till the end. The last paragraph is the kicker!! DO NOT DO CONTRACT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!! THEY WILL EVENTUALLY RIP YOU OFF!

I have a three year history with this company. I used to do on-site electronics repair for anything from Plasma's, LCD', DLP's, Computers, printers, copiers, etc. They are a warranty repair company for big box stores. The would dispatch a ticket that was 2 hours away from me, it would take 2 hours to do the job and two hours return. That is six hours total, but they would only want to pay my normal fee of an hour on site and 15-30 min commute. On top of this there was a $10 toll! You may ask why did I just not decline the ticket? Well they really pressure you into it and if you leave them hanging they will leave you hanging.

If you get on their bad side, they will ignore your calls for tech support while you are on site. I called 5 times in 90 minutes at one job because they sent instructions for a different model printer. After five phone conversations with tech support (who claimed they couldn't find a manual) and 90+ minutes of waiting I had to leave the site because I had three other scheduled appointments. While there I had taken 1/2 the machine apart and put it back together and it was working fine (over 100 screws out and then back in) Upon leaving I called my manager and told her what happened and she didn't seem to care. She had the attitude "that's horrible but too bad, sometimes calls go well, sometimes they don't" I also told her I was running late because tech support wouldn't help and they never returned the calls they said they would. Well now I was running late for my next appointment for this company, but I was heading to a new ticket and customer. I called and informed him I was running late.

I arrived on-site and installed the part. It didn't fix the issue. Someone had mis-diagnosed the unit (which happens 2/3 the time). As soon as I got there and he told me what was going on with the unit I thought the parts were probably wrong. When he showed me the problem, I knew they were wrong. I replaced the parts anyway, as per instructions and then diagnosed the unit correctly and ordered replacement parts. When I looked at this work-order online when I got home, my manager had written a "negative" mark that I was late to the site, which was because tech support wasn't helpful at the previous work-order. I should still get paid for this even though the parts didn't fix the issue.

When I arrived to my next site, I got all my material out and unbuttoned the "patient". I had to do a routine procedure but this was a new model, one which I had never worked on. Thin of it like knowing how to change the brake pads on a [protected] and [protected] Volkswagon Jetta and you have a job changing the pads on a 1999. You don't know if they are identical so you take a peak. Everything looks the same but you want to make sure so you check the maintenance manual. Similar situation but for me I was looking at electronics. So I called tech support and told them the situation and I was ordered off the site immediately. This blew my mind. I asked why and I was told I should never have accepted this ticket if I hadn't worked on that model. The only difference between what I had worked on in the past and this model is size. Physical size. Actually most of the parts are all the same, except the spacing in the unit is tighter in smaller units and less tight in larger. Well I button the patient back up and I am on my way to the last client.

I make the 65 mile drive in 85+ mins. I call the customer on the way to let him know my ETA. I get on-site and check in with Captovis and I am told that this work-order has been canceled. They knew this all day long and not once did they let me know. They didn't even email me, which I wouldn't have received until I was at home. Out of the 11 times I talked to people at the company not once did anyone mention this. They even knew which workorder I was going to after the one I was kicked off site. The customer didn't know it was cancelled either. It was canceled by the warranty company as they were buying the unit out instead of repairing it.

So off I went. I drove 385 miles that day. I spent a total of 14 hours of my time and about $50 in gas, and $10 in tolls, and probably $10 in cell minutes while on hold. Here is the kicker. They didn't pay me. I waited for my billing to post and I saw nothing. When I called and complained, I was obviously put on a call blocking list as my cell and office phone number could never get through. I used a friends or family's phone and it went right through. They also neglected to return 1 of 45+ emails ( I emailed about 7-8 people, including the Pres, VP, regional managers, etc). I was put through to the person in accounting (who will NEVER return a call) and left 8 VM's (one per day) and not one returned. I even had fmaily around me when I left the messages and asked if I was being rude or anything while leaving them. The did issue a check at the end. It was for 17% of what I was owed. It just barely covered my gas, tolls and cell bill.

There are more stories and issues but they are not worth more of my time explaining them. Captovis has stolen enough time and money from me already.

Dr

Comments

• Cj
      31st of Aug, 2009

I have been doing work for them for over 2 years and have had no problems. If the job is out of my region area we always came up with a fair price to do the job. Payment has always been within 45 days for me, as long as I follow the procedure correctly to be payed. My good buddy does work for them also for about a year and he said he has no problem.

• At
      31st of Aug, 2009

I have been doing work for them for 3 years and never had a problem at all. My pay comes in on time as long as I upload my completed work order on time. I have gone way out of my area several times and negotiated my travel rates and never had a payment issue on those either. Captovis has always been up-front with me and would tell me ahead of time if my fee would be too expensive or not. I have even had jobs where the end user never showed and Captovis still paid me. As far as I'm concerned they are a pretty good company to work for and I would recommend them.

• Qu
      14th of Jun, 2010

They are full of it but I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. They didn't even bother to tell me that they were not going to pay me for 2 trips I did. This was after they told me that my money was in the mail. When I asked about it to 4 different people including the person who cuts the checks I recieved no answer to numerous emails...this going on 3 weeks now.

• Sp
      20th of Aug, 2010

CAPTOVIS DOES NOT PAY THE TECHS. THEY WILL GET YOU TO DO THE WORK THEN IGNORE YOUR EMAILS AND PHONE CALLS, THEN THEY WILL LOCK YOU OUT OF THE WEBSITE. RUN FOR COVER DO NOT WORK FOR THEM. THEY JUST DID ME LIKE THAT AND MANY OTHERS.
    Please help by filing a BBB Complaint against this company.

• Go
      17th of Sep, 2010

Well I did work for Captovis. And when i first started working with them it seemed they were on the up and up. I got my fist payment from them in two weeks instead of the usual thirty days. But a few months ago i had did two calls for them and they owed me fifty bucks for both of them. Months later i had not yet been paid by them. They would tell me that they had computer issues and stuff. So yeah if anyone finds this search, STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM THEM!

• Bi
      6th of Oct, 2010

Captovis DOES NOT pay. They give you the run around, delay getting shipping labels for return parts, do not respond to emails or phone calls. If you like to work for free, then Captovis is for you.

• Me
      4th of Dec, 2010

Captovis DOES NOT pay. They give you the run around, delay getting shipping labels for return parts, do not respond to emails or phone calls. They pay for the first 2 payperiod, then they stall on the next few and next thing you know your in over $500 with them.

• Qu
      13th of Dec, 2010

Well I finally got my money after almost 9 months of hell!!! Then they had the nerve to call and ask me to do something for them, you know where I told them they could go with that right?

22nd of Dec, 2010

When did you get paid?? They still owe me over $3, 500

24th of Dec, 2010

They are not answering their phones or emails. It seems as if they are going out of business. They owe me for at least 15 jobs. Merry Christmas Captovis and thanks for making it a wonderful Holiday.

29th of Dec, 2010

hello everyone. I also am owed money from Captovis. I have secured and attorney and want to make this a group effort in getting our money. Let's exchange info and get this thing started. Please keep copies of all tickets, work orders and emails. We have completed an asset search and once we have a group together we will start the account holds process. Please look at your account, check status - many are listed as billing issues. Captovis did get paid by the vendors, now it's time to pay the contractors.

Captovis rarely answers the phones even when they do have money :(

29th of Dec, 2010

Mejia.Heber@gmail.com

31st of Dec, 2010

I also have not been payed by captovis. First, they said it was a problem in the accounting dept., then, the story changed to it's a software gliche then, it was because lightning struck their building. Now, they have blocked my phone number. I am in the process of filing a complaint with the dept of labor and the postal service being that all hiring is done on the internet which makes what they're doing an interstate commerce fraud.

31st of Dec, 2010

Out of the 6 work orders completed for this company 2 have been paid. The other are 90 days outstanding. Multiple calls and emails have not been returned/ there phone system appears to be down or they are going out of business-- or maybe just have a damn good phone blocking system/ my advice STAY AWAY.

31st of Dec, 2010

I have been a field technician for 30 years and, I can say without reservation that, Captovis is the most unprofessional, fly-by-night sleazy outfit I have ever seen. They are still getting tech's to take calls, knowing full well, that they are not going to pay them. Captovis has earned a spot on the wall of shame.

2nd of Jan, 2011

I hope the staff at Captovis had a great christmas with all the money they had from not paying their technicians.

4th of Jan, 2011

hello eveyone post your emails and I wil forward that info to the attorneys. I will also forward the pertinent info concerning the class action against George H Slaterpryce III and Mary Martin and Danielle Slaterpryce. Have you guys called and had any luck getting through? Please contact your clients and ask them for the info concerning the warranty company that paid for the claim involved. We currently have a private investigator firm locating assets and should be able to move forward in the next week. I does appear that they are going on the way out but depending on the amount owed to the techs, they may be involved in a felony across state lines.

4th of Jan, 2011

is anyone in the Florida area? I have personally contacted several businesses with address adjacent to the old addresses and have contact several family members of the above mentioned. It seems that when we looked up the vendors Captovis represented they mentioned several of the claims we had listed as paid in full. It does seem as if they capitolized on our efforts and knowingly took money that was to be paid out. Where is everyone located. Did you all find them posted on Craigslist or other posting? The more info you can provide the better chance of us finding them. Please use these forums and boards to find more techs that have been scammed by Captovis Advanced Industries. Please note that I am putting up the funds to pursue them personally. I can not say that anyone will be compesated but it is our intention to put forth every effort to see justice is served.

I wish I had only several tickets unpaid. They owe me less than the lawyer and private investigator fees will be. Don't let Captovis take your money!

4th of Jan, 2011

Anyone interested in contacting a local Florida tv station and having them show up at captovis office.

4th of Jan, 2011

captovis no longer has the office(s) they states on their State Incorporation filings. They did update the address in change in the first quarter of 2010. They are no longer at that address. They also was registered under Ocala Computer Repair. How about everyone contacting George H Slaterpryce via Facebook (also all his friends and family). I don't personally say to do so but someone else brought it up.