capstar diet / False Charges

I have not authorized charges to my account and was charged without receiving any product. I will fight this to get the charges reversed and any extra expense that I encounter.

Np

Comments

• Fr
      27th of Jul, 2009

I just received a charge from them as well and the phone # for them that shows up on my bank statement evidently doesn't work. When I call, it answers with a recording that says, "Your account balance doesn't have enough funds to process this call." The charge was for $5.95 and most likely a membership fee. I have about 4 different charges from different weird companies on my account that hit 07/26 and 07/27. i am so furious about this, i ended up with 9 false charges...any one found a web site or a way to clear this one up????????

• Fi
      27th of Jul, 2009

Same here. 14 different transaction on 07/24, mostly from companies selling weight lost products:

CHECKCARD 07/24 RESVMAX CARSON CITY NV -$1.95

CHECKCARD 07/24 DETOX CLEANSE 800-220-9825 -$1.99

CHECKCARD 07/24 RESVMAX CARSON CITY NV -$2.00

CHECKCARD 07/24 ACAI BURN 866-9898945 FL -$4.95

CHECKCARD 07/24 CAPSTAR DIET 914-368-2938 -$5.95

I do have a Paypal account linked to my Bank of America checking account, so I have that in common with the first poster. Anyone else having same issue?

• Li
      28th of Jul, 2009

I just checked my bank statement and was charged $86.59 and have never ordered or received any product! I also got the same recording that "Your account balance doesn't have enough funds to process this call." What can I do to stop this? Please help!!

• Ti
      28th of Jul, 2009

I still can't find a real # for this CAPSTARDIET, nor can I find anything online about them, other than this site. They may be affiliated with CAPSTAR animal health, but who knows??

As for what to do, it should be resolved by your bank, if the company isn't willing to refund the money. You can also report the credit card fraud to the FTC. (Be sure to include the email address: brillantblonde@yahoo.com when reporting this or ask the company what email was used and report that one.) In the meantime, CANCEL YOUR CARD that had the fraudulent charges, change your PayPal password and call PayPal to report this so they are aware. You may want to consider using a true credit card for PayPal instead of your bank credit card. Should anything fraudulent occur again, it's easier to take care of if it's a true credit card.

Fico007 - I got a charge from that Acai place, too. I called them yesterday and they said the charge would be removed and that someone from their fraud department would call me. They haven't yet, so I'm going to keep bugging them.

• Ti
      28th of Jul, 2009

I might be on to something... here's the site for this CAPSTARDIET: http://capstar-diet.com/

Notice the "free trial" that costs $5.95 s/h? This is what I was charged.

I went to godaddy.com to try and get the domain info and of course, their info is private b/c they went through domainsbyproxy.com. So...back to square one, I guess.

• Mc
      29th of Jul, 2009

this cap star diet is related to Power Colon Cleanse. Their email address is Sales@powercleanse-today.com the phone number is 780-747-1377. They're open at 9 EST. This happened to me and I'm totally pissed. My bank says it'll take 5 days before I'm refunded by file a fraud claim with you bank and cancel ur card ASAP!!! They will keep charging. Good luck.

• Je
      29th of Jul, 2009

I have also received a charge from CAPSTAR diet and have not received a product or anything. My charge was for 86.59. I did a trace on the number and it said it was a landline in Yonders, NY but that is as far as I have gotten.

• De
      29th of Jul, 2009

These guys are really slimey! I have tried to call the number and of course the lines are busy. Not sure if there is any luck in canceling my debit card but have done so but my bank said it was a subscription and they could debit the account anyway. What they advised is sending them an email canceling my subscription. Then I could go back to the bank and they could refuse payment.

Avoid them please!

30th of Jul, 2009
    capstar diet - Did not order
    MGordon
    P.O. Box 121
    Egan
    Louisiana

Help, this $84.90 charge was on my bank account. Unfarmiliar with this company.
    Never ordered this product. What do I do to get my money back?

Margaret Gordon
    P.O. Box 121
    Egan, LA. 70531

• Kp
      31st of Jul, 2009

same happened to me!
    i sent for the green tea capsules paid for packaging 5.95USD returned them after 8 days they were rubbish but now ive recieved another supply been charged 79.95USD ive returned them too with a backup letter and email contacted my credit card company and they tell me ive another payment out of 86.95USD for capstar and they are unable to stop the transactions even if i stop the card because its a subscription. they are sending me a dispute letter within 10 days so i hope i can be refunded. problem is if they take anymore i will be over my small credit limit.
    all i wanted was a quick fix to lose a few pounds(lbs) but im losing the other kind of pounds!!! what a scam

• De
      3rd of Aug, 2009

2009-08-03

Je demande un remboursement complet de toutes sommes autres que le 5, 95$ de frais de livraisons et l'annulation de votre contrat, car le produit a été vendu sous de fausses représentations.

La transaction ayant été effectuée au Québec, la loi sur la protection du consommateur s'applique et elle dit clairement que le commerçant est obligé de fournir une description détaillée de son offre.

À aucun endroit sur votre site il est clairement indiqué l'offre ailleurs que dans le texte légal des termes et conditions, qui en passant, a déjà la case d'acceptation cochée. De plus, même si on fait la lecture du texte des conditions, le montant qui sera facturé si nous n'annulons pas dans vos délais prévus est le seul chiffre du document qui est écrit en lettre. Façon de faire qui visiblement trompe l'œil et la vigilance du client.

Tel que le prévoie la loi du Québec, je vous demande donc le plein remboursement et l'annulation du contrat dans un délai de 15 jours suivant la réception de ce courrier.

Bien à vous,

4th of Aug, 2009

from phoenix
    same here to all

5th of Aug, 2009

I have been charged from those same companies or whatever they are for purchases i never ordered, capstar, acai, detox cleanse and a make-up company called glo- something.. I had my card blocked. They also have my phone number. These are for memberships I never signed up for. Fight them! Janet Young

• Ka
      10th of Aug, 2009

I also had a charge on my account from them that I did not authorize. When I called the 914-368-2938 phone number I got a message saying I didn't have enough in my account to complete the call. What does this mean???

• Ai
      15th of Aug, 2009

15 aout 2009
    je demande un remboursement complet de toutes sommes autres que 5, 95$ de frais de livraison et l'annulation de votre contrat, car j'ai juste commmander l'essai gratuite et c'etait pas claire qu'il sajie d'un abonnement et en plus j'ai jamais recu le produit.

alos tel que prevoie la loi de consomateur a quebec je vous demande donc l'annulation du contra et le plein remboursement.
    Bien a vous
    Aida El Hachem
    155 boul Deguire app 207
    Montreal, qc H4N 1N9

26th of Oct, 2009

26 Octobre 2009 Je vous écris pour vous dire mon insatisfaction face à votre produit.Croyant que votre produit était gratuit et sans obligation de ma part, je souhaite un remboursement de mes frais ainsi que l'annulation complète de d'autres envois car dans votre publicité rien n'indique que je dois acheter quoi que ce soit .Je vous ai retourné l'envoi que vous m'avez envoyé en espérant que vous serez assez honnete pour reconnaitre votre part des responsabilités et ainsi acquiescer à ma demande. J'attends de vos nouvelles, Maryse Bédard 2735 boulevard mercure st-nicéphore(québec)J2A 2G2 PRODUIT:CAPSTARDIET 914-368-2938 CY