Capitol Shopping Mall / Unauthorized billing

I placed an order with them on 1/25/09 for Presidential Inauguration Gifts. They charged my credit card, took my money and I never got a single thing. I emailed and called them several times. Got one email back from a 'Don Murray' about 2 weeks ago. Complained of computer problems and their so-called phone number mailboxes are always full.

I sent a letter to President Obama's Team via their White House website. I STRONGLY encourage others to do the same in complaining directly to the President...he and his family should know what is being done to the average taxpayer. I also encourage everyone who has suffered from this company to contact their local representatives and also the Washington Post to launch an investigation. I also reported these ### to the Better Business Bureau.

Don't settle for less with this situation, -this company is making a fortune off of us. Take them OUT!!!

Co

Comments

• Jw
      5th of Mar, 2009

I, too, placed an order from this "company" on 1/25/09. I used my credit card also. I called my bank and the money was withdrawn from this "company" on 1/27/09, but I still haven't received my merchandise. I have called both numbers from the capitolshoppingmall.com website and they give the same message---Hours are from 9am-9pm we are busy assisting customers, please leave a message and we will return your call. I left my name and number and didn't receive a call. So, I call again later in the day 3/4/09 and when the recording came on for me to leave a message it said mailbox was full. I called this"company" after 10:00 p.m and it still gave the same message as when I called during business hours . My call as of 3/5/09 still hasn't been returned nor my merchandise received.

• Ca
      6th of Mar, 2009

I placed an order with Capitol Shopping Mall in early January 2009. They charged my credit card but I never received the merchandise. Called numerous times, getting through to "Sam" twice. Sam always had an excuse why he couldn't check my order but said he'd call me back. He never did. On the second call he admitted he didn't have the merchandise when he charged my credit card. You need to dispute the charge with your credit card company. Also contact the Arlington County Police (Arlington VA) fraud division. The Better Business Bureau rates them with an F. There have been seven complaints ask Capital Shopping Mall in February 2009 alone. Do not do business with this company.

• Gi
      11th of Mar, 2009

I placed my order 12/4/08 still waiting for it to arrive . I have left many messages with several people . I have even spoken with Sam ( Malvin Howlett) the owner I believe his partenr is Don Miller . Sam has sent me the wrong order 3 times each time with a promise that the correct order is on its way . Still waiting . I finally contacdted the BBB trying to file a complaint . DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE.

• Be
      13th of Mar, 2009

I placed an order in January also. I got an e-mail from Don Murray also saying they had a computer problem. That my ordered had been shipped. I've e-mailed them 3 times and got kind of rude. No response. Tried to call and their box is full. I'm from Kansas.

becky

• Cy
      19th of Mar, 2009

I am also upset over the order that I placed on January 25th. They will not answer the phone and my email has gone unanswered. I am ANGRY!!!

CJ

• Ci
      1st of Apr, 2009

I placed TWO orders (okay, I guess I'm the dumb one here). I spoke with "Don Murray" who apologized, blamed computer errors, inauguration, etc. I didn't even order inauguration items---I simply ordered 3 FBI sweatshirts. I spent 45 minutes on the phone with "Mr. Murray" who assured me that he was sending out the order that day before 2:00-----that was almost 4 weeks ago-----I'm expecting it any day now---HA!

Would anyone like to start a class action law suit? The fact that a Washington DC "Capitol Shopping Mall" company is steeling money from the American Citizens is the ultimate irony. I think some type of class-action suit here is an easy money-maker for any attorney!

• Le
      8th of Jun, 2009

I also placed an order 5/26/09 to get my 8th grade daughter a few more souvenirs that she didn't purchase when she went on her 8th Grade trip to D.C. I ordered $70.00 worth of items. I got a bad feeling when my receipt from the order had nothing but the total on it. When I tried calling I received the "full mailbox" message and never got an email response. I never received the products and doesn't look like I will. I wish I would searched and seen these complaints before I ordered. Buyer Beware!