Capitol One Credit Card / Fraudulent Use of Credit Card

1 CA, United States Review updated:

Do NOT use Capitol One Credit Cards. In January 2009, my husband paid a company a partial payment for a building he was having constructed with our credit card. He had previously paid two other amounts to the company by cashiers' check. We have a statement from them showing two amounts were paid and the total that was due. The company changed hands and in May 2009 they charged our Capitol One for one of the amounts that had already been paid without any authorization from us since it wasn't due. They just used the card number from the January transaction. Unfortunately my husband paid it with cashier checks and didn't keep a copy, however, we had the statements showing it was paid. We never authorized anything on our credit card except for the one amount in January. In June 2009 the same company but with a different name charged another amount to our credit card. This was fraudulent and unauthorized use of our credit card. It would be no different than someone stealing my card from my purse and using it. When I protested and sent Capitol One numerous documents, including an e-mail stating that the company had received the money, they still gave the company the money and charged my account. I am going to seek legal action to fix this because none of my calls or letters have been successful. They just continue to let anyone charge unauthorized charges on my card. Even the company names aren't the same but that doesn't seem to matter to them. By the way, I changed my credit card number so they couldn't charge on the old one again, however Capitol One changed the charges to my new number so that helped a lot too. Do not use Capitol One!!!

Lo

More Capitol One Credit Card Complaints & Reviews

Comments

22nd of Aug, 2009

Capital One is a bad choice for credit card services. Was late on pmt, then turned to collections for $3500.00. It ruined my credit..when I paid the account in full capitol one promised to remove report from Equafax, , report still remains after 2 years of dispute. After Capital One excepted my money this company refuses to remove from my credit report??