Capitol Auto Parts / Terrible service!

1 Capitol BlvdEast Bangor, PA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 610-588-2121

On February28, 2008 I contacted Capitol Auto to replace the broken transmission in my 2005 Chevy Avalanche, I was given the price, and I agreed to it. The transmission was allegedly replaced with a salvaged part - from similar car and only had 19, 000 miles on it. It took them over a week to do it.

On March 20, 2008 - not even 3 weeks after the repair the newly replaced transmission failed again.

On March 25, 2008, 5 days later the car was towed - and on April 1, 2008 I finally got my "fixed " car back, The dealer offered 6 month warranty while the repair occurred, but was trying to charge me another $800 for the labor.

Again, On April 6, 2008 the transmission broke again.

Because of this negligent action I lost time from work as well as the towing charges and replacement vehicle rental charges.
Li

Comments

Op
  5th of May, 2012
your an idiot, you drive a avalanche... a vehicle known for high failure transmissions. further more your buying used parts. in the world of used parts you have good ones and bad ones. you need to except the fact that ### happens. try reading the warranty on the back side of their invoices it covers part only. if you wanted them to cover labor as well maybe you should have asked about a extended warranty which covers both. but i guess you were to stupid to realize your options. i took my car there to have a transmission installed and they did a perfect job. the car runs and shifts so smooth you cant even feel it and that was 2 years ago. i still have no problems with it. capitol auto is a outstanding company with superior skills and customer service. i would recommend them to any one who wants the job done right the first time with no hassle.

Capitol Auto Group Logo Capitol Auto Group