Capital Resorts Group

Posted: Jul 17, 2017 by

capital agreed to a specific lower price. capital never issued refund! now denies/avoid/fails to return calls w/o any resolution of $3400.00!!

I went on my normal, yearly vacation week 18 in Myrtle Beach, SC this year. I went to the weekly owners meeting as I do every year to catch up on any news I need pertinent to being an owner. In this meeting, I found out that the Realty Company that managed the resort where I owned week #18 had been sold to another management company. I had numerous questions at the time. No one would answer my questions. The representative speaking at this meeting stated that she made sure "NOT TO KNOW THE ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS, SO SHE WOULD NOT GIVE INCORRECT INFORMATION!" I was told that I had to go to the new management company namely Capital Resorts, LLC to get answers. I made an appointment & ended up spending a full day dealing with a realtor /salesman over my deeded week. I'd been considering switching to points anyway. However, after an entire day of explaining to the representatives I was already interested in switching to points, but I needed to know if I could afford it b/c I had no idea what the cost difference would be, THEY AVOIDED ANSWERING ME AT ALL COSTS! I SHOULD HAVE SEEN RED FLAGS HERE!!! I GUESS I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER! HOWEVER, THIS COMPANY EXPLAINED TO ME OVER & OVER & OVER THAT THEY HAD NOW PURCHASED 49% OF VOTING POWER OF ALL THESE RESORTS MY OLD REALTOR HAD MANAGED & THAT IT WAS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE THEY'D OWN MY WEEK. THEY PRETTY MUCH STATED THEY'D PUSH OUT THOSE OF US THAT DIDN'T GO TO POINTS!
I am a retired widow, with 2 handicapped adult children that come with me on these vacations. After going back & forth with mainly 2 different sales representatives & stating over & over I needed a bottom line as to what COSTS of switching to points would be in regards to my normal fees for actual "deeded weeks." Finally, a 3rd individual come into the conversation & showed me what the cost was going to be.
I nearly collapsed b/c of the amount they came up with! SHOCKED WOULD NOT EVEN COME CLOSE TO EXPLAIN MY THOUGHTS! I started to get up & leave! THERE'S NO WAY I COULD EVEN CONSIDER THE AMOUNT OF $$ THEY WERE SHOWING ME I'D NEED TO PAY JUST TO SWITCH TO SWITCH TO POINTS. I already own 2 weeks! Both had equity. MY MAINTENENCE FEES HAVE ALWAYS BEEN PAID AS SOON AS I RECEIVE THE BILL TOO.
WHEN I FINALLY GOT THEM TO UNDERSTAND I DIDN'T HAVE THE MONEY TO PAY THE AMOUNT THEY WANTED! THEY CAME DOWN IN PRICE. THEN WE SPOKE SOME MORE ON MAY 13TH, 2017. THE AMOUNT WAS $3400.00, BUT THEY SAID IT WOULD HAVE TO BE ANOTHER 30-60 DAYS TO RECEIVE MY However, I NEVER GOT MY $3400.00. This company has scammed me!
I NEED HELP! PLEASE GIVE ME SOME HELP WITH TAKING CARE OF THIS SITUATION!
Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country United States Complaint category Timeshares / Vacation Rentals

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree