Capital Pools / Team of scammers, beware!

1 Corner of Fair Oaks and Marione DrSacramento, CA, United States Review updated:

Capital Pools / Rick Randel Sacramento Ca.

[protected] (Office) [protected](Cell)

Poor quality work, hard to deal with, won't stand behind his work..!

Beware of David " Rick " Randel.

Problems during the build, leaks in stone face, poor spa jet pressure .

Many items in the contract were not done.

Poor plumbing. Tried to install a used Spa pump tried to down grade spa heater. No over flow installed. Too many problems to list them all.

POOR Clean up , Buried extra gunite and concrete in the yard.

Can't trust his word, REAL SCAMMER .

Rick won't respond, won't fix any of our issues. Has NO EMPLOYEES, uses all subs, Reported Rick to State Contractors Board. BEWARE.

If you deal with this guy, Don't say you were not WARNED.. !

Capital Pools uses sub contractor Murphy's Pools Inc.

Beware of Frank Murphy's work, REAL POOR QUALITY...

Frank claims Rick Randel does not want to fix problems..

TEAM OF SCAMMERS, Beware

Va

Comments

Me
  26th of Mar, 2008

My husband, Rick Randel, is the gentleman Mr. Collins is referring to as a 'scammer'. Normally, I wouldn't respond to such vile nonsense (I believe in karma and what goes around comes around with or without my input) but knowing why Mr. Collins is writing these things and because it is so completely false, I will take the time. My husband has been building beautiful, quality pools for over 30 years. This is the FIRST TIME in all those years he has had one complaint with the Contractors Board (which they dismissed) or otherwise. I think that, in and of itself, speaks more to the people making the complaint than my husbands reputation or person. My husband is a Christian, family man whose principles and integrity are of the highest. He would rather lose money on a pool (and we have!) than leave a customer unhappy in any way. Mr. Collins knew this and began a campaign to get as much for nothing as he could. In the beginning, my husband (again, wanting a happy, satisfied customer) accommodated Mr. Collins' additional wants and demands. But no sooner had one concession been made for Mr. Collins than it was immediately followed by his demanding another. This went on and on until finally my husband said 'enough'. When the jig was up, Mr. Collins threatened to do just this: slander our business publicly if we did not continue to do his bidding. It occurred to me that Mr. Collins is what could be called a 'reverse scammer'; a consumer abusing an ethical business for personal gain. For this one complaint, we have many, many happy satisfied customers with whom we would be happy to put you in touch. As we work mainly on referrals and our business is humming, there is no better recommendation than that. In closing, it bears repeating that in all the years my husband has been building pools and creating beautiful backyards, he has never had one single complaint filed against him. Being a Christian woman myself, I will not say what I personally think of the Collins' but suffice it to say that their complaint speaks volumes as to the kind of people they are. In her defense, Mrs. Collins did apologize to my husband many times, describing her husband as 'a loner' and someone who is 'very difficult to get along with'. She also admitted that Mr. Collins has done this before with other contractors. In any event, it gives me great comfort and peace to be on my end of this karma and not theirs.

Pa
  26th of Mar, 2008

Rick put my pool in a couple of summers ago and it is absolutely stunning. We LOVE it!! He is a great guy, a good man whom I have known for a long time personally as well as professionally. He is as honest as they come -- couldn't cheat you if he tried; it's just not in him. He cares so much and puts so much of himself into every project. To this day, if I can't figure out something about the pool, he always takes the time to stop by and show me or explain what needs to be done. His crews were always polite, cleaned up, were there when he told me to expect them and were just genuinely nice guys. Each did a great job in their respective fields -- Rick has spent years honing a team who are the best in their area of expertise: tile, decking, excavating, gunite, plaster, etc. I have recommended him to friends who either have or are in the process of having their pools designed and built by Rick. His work takes into account your lifestyle, yard, needs, desires, landscaping -- it's all encompassing; things you wouldn't even dream would be involved in building a pool! I had nothing but a positive experience from start to finish. On the other hand, I've also had the opportunity to meet Mr. Collins and all I can say is that I am not surprised by his behavior or actions in the comments he has posted here.