Capital One / harassment
I have had my phone number for 4+ years. From the beginning of that time I have been getting harassing phone calls from Capital One auto at the number of [protected] & 3533. There are other 800#'s too from them. As I write this I just got 2 calls within 45 mins. from them. They are looking for a woman named Jennifer Lutz. I do not know a Jennifer Lutz and have never had any contact with her whatsoever. I have told Capital One to please not call me, that I am not that woman, we don't know her and stop calling. They refuse to believe me and sometimes say things like "oh, right, your not Jennifer huh? Just pay your bills". I have had it with them. I've called them back numerous times only to get someone else who doesn't believe me but said they'd take the number out. They didn't. I have emailed their headquarters etc. with no response and I have sent them a letter in the mail telling them to stop calling me. They refuse. I told them to just goggle my phone number and they can see its not this Jennifer person. Obviously they do not care. I am very upset by this b/c my husband and I have excellent credit and we do not deserve this harassment from them. We have never nor would we ever now have any account or anything whatsoever to do with Capital One. Yes, I could just not answer the phone but I also have an infant and other children here and it's a huge bother to have the phone ringing all the time. Plus, its my phone and I am not wrong.
I googled Capital One and found that I am not the only person who has been harassed by them incorrectly. There has to be somewhere for people like us to turn for help. I do not want to change my number b/c I have a home business and it is very inconvenient for me to do that and also unfair to me as a good citizen who pays her bills on time and has excellent credit.
More Capital One Complaints & Reviews
- Capital One Auto Finance - scam and cheating! 
- Capital One - unreasonable account restrictions 
- Capital One Auto Finance - terrible experience 
- Capital One Credit Card Company - fraud business practices! 
- Capital One - terrible service and company in hole 
- Capital One 360 - checking account
- Capital One Financial Corporation - customer representative verbally agreed to remove lates on my account
- Capital One Financial Corporation - branch banking
- Capital One Financial Corporation - personal credit card
- Capital One Financial Corporation - inappropriate account closure and reward points seizure