Capital One Securities Inc.false winner of a shoppers sweepstakes

I received a letter, with a check for $4, 993.00, stating that all I had to do was to forward the necessary taxes of, $2, 995.00 by westerunion/moneygram. After sending the money, they would send to me by Fedex, $245, 007, 000.

I also had to contact my calm agent, to find further clarifications, as indicated within 5 business days.

Comments

• Bu
      Jun 13, 2009

I received one of these also from a Nicky Boyd. The FBI states they are investigating this fraud.

• Ah
      Jun 13, 2009

i received one of these also from a Nicky Boyd today with a check and latter and i called the number and she said you have to deposit the check to your Account then call us to tell us you did it

Jun 14, 2009

DO NOT CASH THE CHECK for $4993.00 from Nicky Boyd. The banks and FBI have advised the cashing of the check will cause you to commit the crime of check fraud.
    Nicky Boyd (if that is her real name is using the phone number [protected]). After this number is out long enough the scammers will most likely and have already used alternate contact numbers.
    [redacted] also has a report filed about Nicky Boyd and this check scam.

Jun 14, 2009

I am agreeing with your entry Ahmed. I wasn't sure what the thumb down symbol means by my post.

• Je
      Jun 17, 2009

I received the same thing, but Nicky Boyd's number is listed as [protected].

Jun 17, 2009

I received a letter from the infamous Nicky Boyd on Monday, called her at [protected] told her I deposited the check yesterday so she would give me the address to send the money order and it was to some guy named Fred Daily at 121 Main Street Ottawa, Canada

Jun 19, 2009

I have been in constant contact with our beloved Nicky "the Jamaican" Boyd. She has admitted to at least robbing one poor soul. For all of us who have recieved these checks, please do not cash them, the funds meant to pay taxes with, are going directly to Nicky "the Jamaican" Boyd. You will personally be responsible for reimbursting your personal bank account. People like Nicky "the Jamaican" Boyd make me sick, in these difficult times that we're in (economic crisis) trying to rob those who can't afford it is wrong. Inclosing, if anybody knows how i can futher this investigation with the FBI please advise. Thank you.

• Ca
      Jun 22, 2009

I also received a check for the same exact amount $4993.00 asking to contact a Nicky Boyd at [protected]. I tried calling the number but the voicemail was full, I saw that the envelope had no return address nor was it post marked. I started a search online for the company with no results, I stumbled upon this site. THANKS to all those who commented and saved me the unneeded headache. Please catch this person as what they are doing is uncalled for and horrible they are taking advantage of those who would are in much need of money.

• We
      Jun 22, 2009

I received one of these same checks for $4993.00. The number to contact is [protected], Nicky Boyd. My family and I sure could have used this money considering how tight our finances are, it would truly have been a blessing, but glad i did some research and found out that this is just another scam by some low life. I hope when they catch this person that they are put in jail for a very long time. The envelop was postmarked Canada, June 17 2009. The letter was signed a Gloria Kennedy. The fake check showed the location of Capital One Securites Inc as 3000 2nd Avenue//Pontiac Michigan and the bank the acct supposedly draws on is called Commercial Bank 500 Woodward Avenue//Detroit Michigan. The International Claims Department address is 140 Main street, Newmarket Ontario Canada.

• Je
      Jun 23, 2009

I took the check to my local police department. The lady there said she got one, too. And she did say that it is a scam. She recommends shredding the check. Wesley's information is interesting. The check that I received had the Capital One Securities address as Calabasas, California. And the check was drawn on National City Bank (or City National) in Beverly Hills, CA (with incorrect zip code).

• Ju
      Jun 23, 2009

I received one as well. Like they say, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is! DARN, could have used that money ;).

• Wa
      Jun 25, 2009

My husband received the same check yesterday and he knew right away it was a fraud. Even though the account number and routing number checked out he stated that he never enter sweepstakes as the letter had stated. Let's just hope that some poor soul who really needed the money doesn't cash the check in hope that their debts will be paid. I hope the FBI prosecutes her to the fullest.

Shewalk
    Chicago, IL

• Ca
      Jun 27, 2009

I received the same check today in the mail, and I knew immediately that it was a scam as I do not enter sweepstakes or drawings. I signed online to report it and found these postings. I hope no one cashed this check that they recieved. My roommate tried to get me to take it to the bank because it looked so real, I don't think so. Tear it up, burn it, do whatever you have to do to get rid of it but do not cash it. I didn't call Nicky because I knew it was a fake. Be smart people!

• Sh
      Jun 29, 2009

Today I got one too. No postmark...A little excitment. Actually postmarked 6/22/2009. Real looking check..You can actually feel the signature. Tuition here I come. ooops not real so you say. I had a feeling it was wrong. Good feeling while it lasted though I never remember signing up for a sweepstakes. Thanks for the info. I guess I'll keep on working. Sharon

• Mb
      Jul 10, 2009
    capital one securities inc. - scam
    capital one securities inc.,
    140 king st ont, l3y 8z1
    Miami
    Florida
    Phone: [protected]

received a check for $4993.00 telling me I have won $250, 000. I have to pay $2995.00 for taxes via western union

Jul 13, 2009

Mid July and these phony checks are still landing. New phone # is [protected]. The claims dept. is based out of 140 Main Street, Newmarket, Ontario.

• Ne
      Jul 13, 2009

My husband also received this check for $4, 993.00 and he initially called Nicky Boyd at [protected], the voicemail was filled but just by reading the attach letter you have a feeling deep down in your gut that it's not legit. My husband wanted to cash the check, but I was seriously against it so after researching on line we came up to this website (thank you) so we greatly appreciate the infomation listed here and hope that this person gets caught...

• Su
      Jul 13, 2009

Very real looking. Mine stated the City National Bank was in Beverly Hills CA. Thanks for all the posts. I was tempted to cash it just to see what would happen. But I think ripping it up is the way to go. I'm glad the FBI is on it. Thanks!

• Tm
      Jul 14, 2009

Received scam check in the mail... Address given is now 140 King St. New Market, Ontario L3Y8Z1
    Nicky Boyd is the Claim Agent
    Letter is signed by a Promotion Mngr: Gloria Kennedy
    Bank address on check is from New York, NY - check signed by Sheila Harris

Hope this information helps others to not be scammed! Be aware!!

• Di
      Jul 14, 2009

I received one of these checks yesterday and was skeptical...the ole too-good-to-be-true thing. The check part did weigh on my mind though and perhaps one of the greatest atrocities is that this company gives people false hope. I hope they go down in flames for playing with the public's emotions and trust for their own financial gain. I'm sure a special place in hell is reserved for Nicky Boyd, Gloria Kennedy, and the rest of Capital One Securites, Inc.

Jul 20, 2009

YEAH THAT ### NIKKI BOYD SCAMMED TONS OF PPL WITH HER ### I HOPE THAT CATCH A ND BURN THAT ### FOR GIVING ME FALSE HOPES, IF THE FBI DONT FIND I WILL

• Be
      Sep 08, 2009

I RECEIVED ONE OF THESE CHECKS FOR 2, 970.00 ON 9/8/09 NAME OF TOP OF THE CHECK WAS DEAN TRANSPORTATION, INC. 3114 SOUTH HASKELL, DALLAS TX 75223. BANK NAME WAS WELLS FARGO BANK OHIO, N.A. 115 HOSPITAL DRIVE, VAN WERT, OH 45891. PERSON SIGN CHECK NAME EDDIE K LOLE. IT CAME WITH A LETTER STATING THAT I WON A SWEEPSTAKES FOR 55, 000.00 WELL IF I WON A SWEEPSTAKES FOR 55, 000.00 WHY DID I GET A CHECK FOR 2, 970.00 THAT TELL YOU RIGHT THERE THAT IT IS A BUNCH OF ###. NO RETURN ADDRESS AND THE POSTAGE WAS MARK CANADA. CONTACT PHONE NUMBER WAS [protected] AND FAX NUMBER WAS [protected] AND THE PERSON THAT SIGN THE LETTER NAME WAS DANIEL B TAYLOR. PEOPLE!!! ANY TIME SOMEONE SEND YOU SOMETHING SAYING YOU HAVE WON BUT YOU HAVE TO SEND MONEY IT A SCAM...I HOPE THAT THIS WAS HELPFUL AND THE FBI CATCH THE ### THAT DOING THIS. I REMEMBER LAST YEAR MY DAUGHTER RECIEVED THE SAME CHECK AND SHE WANT TO CASH IT SO BAD SHE WAS HAVING A HARD TIME @ THE TIME SHE GOT THE CHECK AND I TOLD HER IT WAS FAKE...