Capital One / raised interest rate

United States Review updated:
Capitol One
Capitol One has raised their credit card balance interest rate from 7.9% to 17.9%. They claim everyone was sent a letter in February with an option to "opt out" of the higher rate. Who in their right mind wouldn't do it? They claim nothing can be done to lower the rate. How can this act of greed be allowed? With the economic problems, record unemployment and people not spending money because of uncertainty, this must be the Bank One answer.

A  12th of May, 2010 by
credit cards will kill you, it's meant to. if you pay the minimum payment each month on 10, 000 it'll take you about 40 years to pay off. if you don't have the money don't spend money you don't have. I tried to get rid of Capital One and paid them off, I thought I was done with them and in a months times sent me a bill for $13.00, I paid that then they wanted $8.00 finally after that I notified the FBI and in about 3-4 months I received a check from Capital One for about $30.00.

If they send a small bill out to you say for $9.00 you'll pay that just to get rid of them but if they send that out to a million customers you can see how quickly that adds up for the bank and it's all fraud. Any banking problems notify the FBI.

I've learned through mistakes to use and only use a debit card, you pay zero interest.

Capital One Financial Corporation Logo Capital One Financial Corporation