Capital One / payment protection

NEVER get the Capital One Payment Protection Plan. Although they take money out of your credit card each month to pay for this, it has so many loopholes that you will get royally screwed if you ever have to use it. First, if you have it and it and you become ill, it won't pay your balance like it says cause it will become a "preexisiting illness". Then, no one knows what is going on even though you become permanetly disabled (of course not of choice), and you really need it you have to start the "notice of claim, 6, yes, I said six weeks after becoming permanetely disabled. and even though it doesn't mention this 6 weeks in the disclosure notice and of the hell you are going through because you are SICK. You must have the correct date of disability or 8 years later they of someother hellhound credit bureau will sick (sic) a lawyer on you for full payment, take you to court and, or take all the money out of your checking account that was meant for medicine, rent, electric., etc. So never get this farce of a program because no one ever is benefited by it unless you fall into a perfect course of dates and then you are archived untill it goes throught 3 other "sister companies" (or Mother companies) 8 years later and you are screwed worse than ever! Thanks Capital One, I will be recommending your card to lots of other people!

Comments

• Ri
      30th of Mar, 2009

They suck!

• Ke
      2nd of May, 2009

PAYMENT PROTECTION BENEFIT PAYMENT they charge me 50.69 cents but before they enrole me they told me they'd care of my payment in case i would forget to pay on time, the next mounth in april i forgot to pay on time i got late fee of 39 bucks from my bank, Please people for your own safetiness do not enroll in that ### if you dont wanna get screwed. And I also think that bankers made economical crisis with ###ing high interest rates just think about it.

• In
      14th of May, 2009

you do realize you have to call Payment Protection to activate it on your card if/when you need the protection. And yes you have to pay for it every month, it's like insurance for your credit card. [censored].

• Be
      20th of May, 2009

Does anyone have the email address of payment protection? Please contact me at bellesmom7825@comcast.net

• S2
      27th of Jan, 2010

1-888-527-3014

• Ji
      16th of Mar, 2010

I'd like to talk with anyone who has been ripped off by the Capital One Payment Protection Plan. Jim Dunlap, Attorney, 404-354-2363.

• Po
      29th of May, 2010

I was refused in 2005 when I filed a claim due to involuntary loss of employment. I applied for coverage and was refused. Due to a Class Action suit filed in January of 2010, Capital One has been honoring Payment Protection. I was credited $1213 on May 17, 2010 due to a "re-review." It was not prompted by me. The total amount refunded included the payments and other charges I would have incurred during coverage. Someone put a big foot in Cap One's behind -- probably a very intimidating guy or gal in a black robe.

• Pa
      17th of Jan, 2011

Captital one payment protection is a total joke!!! Huge rip off!!! The people who work for them don't know anything and when you need to use it, they don't back you up!!! Biggest [censor] ever!!!

• Cc
      31st of Jan, 2011

I was laid off my job in Jan of 09, and have been unable to find employment (like thousands of others) but managed to continue to pay my bill. I called Capital Ones Payment Protection Plan to get it to start making my payments. They told me I had to apply for their protection within one year of losing my job and that there was nothing anyone could do about it. So I am just out of luck. So I called Capital One (4 times) and was told how sorry they were that this happened & they could see I was a great customer and was never late on my payments, but they could not do anything either. The did refund approx $75.00 dollars to my account. Now they can add fees and ruin my credit and hound me into the ground for money I don't have and should have never had to worry about. I'm being punished for trying to be responsible and pay my debts instead of relying on others to cover my bills, even though I have been paying this premium for years. It's a very sad day for this country when companies are allowed to thrive off the backs of unemployed & sick people.

31st of Jan, 2011

They did the same to my husband who had the payment protection also. He went a head and told them to shove the plan and made them refund all money paid to the plan.

• Az
      13th of Feb, 2011

I just got unemployed so I'm about to call them and see first hand how usefull this will be. Jim I will call you if any issue arise but I life in VA.

• Su
      27th of Dec, 2011

I just learned that after declining this "payment protection plan" (several times), I was enrolled anyway and Captial One has been taking the fees out for several months. Any actions against them for this practice yet?

• 4s
      13th of Jan, 2012

I have charges for "Payment Protection" on my last two statements from Capital One. I did not sign up for or otherwise request this service. I emailed customer service and received a return email stating that I needed to call the Payment Protection office at 1-888-527-3014. When I call that number, I am disconnected before even speaking to a person. If I call the main number and ask to be transferred, the same thing happens. I've resigned myself to just paying off the card after next payday and cancelling it, but after reading other posts on this as well as other forums, I'm wondering what else they would try. Very disappointed in Capital One, especially after reading how the treated customers who DID sign up for the Payment Protection and needed to use it.

• Te
      3rd of Jun, 2016
    Capital One - Payment on Credit Card

I recently added a personal bank account to my Capital One account in order to make an online payment. Somehow, the Capital One online banking system associated my personal banking account with my husband's business Capital One credit card, and allowed my personal bank account to show up as the primary payment option for the business online payment. The bookkeeper, never suspecting a change in the primary payment account, automatically selected the primary account for payment, causing a large, business size payment from my personal checking account, sending it into overdraft. The customer service rep would not even admit that there is a serious flaw in their website to associate a personal checking account with a business credit card (the business credit card does not even show up on my personal log in), and then said it would take 3-5 business days to refund the money to my account. Odd, how an online payment can be posted within an hour (and removed from my bank account), but a refund to my overdrafted account takes the 3-5 days. The representative, Victor, NEQ246, refused to let me speak to a supervisor, and had no remorse for the impact of Capital One's error. Absolutely pitiful customer service!