Capital One Bank / terrible service!

1 15000 Capital One DriveRichmond, VA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 804-968-2352

In 8/2006 I bought a statue for $4,000. The comp. Elliot in new jersey, delivered damaged. I refused it. They promised me new one I never got it. I called capital one on 9/15/2006 to get my money back. Well this went back and forth for 3 months with me and elliots inc. Elliots won. They have money and statue. Capital one wants me to pay for it. I told them no way. I don't have statue. Tsys called me from 3/2007 to 8/2007 when I sent mt lawyer after them. Capital one hired them. Tsys claimed they where legal serves for

Capital one. They said they would sue me and called me every day. At least I have every ones names times and recordings and documented calls.

Va

Comments

• Re
      5th of Jan, 2008

I don't recommend getting a Capital One credit card. Capital One Bank’s has structured their credit card business to extract excessive finance charges and late fees from their customers. This strategy should be exposed, to protect customers. Here is my experience:

1. Capital One restricted me to an unbelievably low credit limit of $2,000 even though my credit history has always been flawless. I realize that this is their prerogative, but no other credit company I have ever dealt with discounts prior credit history. This strategy makes it easy for customers to exceed the credit limit.

2. Capital One’s website does not accept early payments. At Capital One, early payments can only be made over the phone, for which a $10 fee is assessed. When I made an early payment over the phone to avoid exceeding my credit limit, their computer system flagged my early payment as "suspicious activity” even though my payment was immediately and successfully drafted from my bank. Even worse: my credit account was not credited with this payment until one week later after I called and complained to four people in Customer Service. Holding my money because I paid early is a strategy that should be against the law.

3. Capital One’s notified me that electronic funds transfer from my checking account would begin on December 4th . On my statement that was due on December 4th was printed the following information:

“Capital One’s automatic payment service is in effect for your account…. As requested, the New Balance shown on this statement will be debited directly from your designated bank account on your Payment Due Date. You do not need to send a separate payment….”

My bank account was NOT automatically debited on December 4th, and finance charges of $11.88 as well as a late payment fee of $39 were imposed. I was $70 away from reaching my credit limit. I had to call a customer service representative to have the problem corrected.

4. After just the ONE late payment above (which was THEIR fault), Capital One’s website threatened me (in bold, red text) that the national credit bureaus would be notified of my delinquent activity if it continued. I can only imagine how much trouble it would be to have to correct my credit report if it had been wrongfully tarnished.

5. Capital One inquires against your credit report every month, looking for any delinquent activity on any account you have. They have the option of raising your interest rates if they find anything they deem unacceptable to them.

I hope this helps someone!

• Cr
      19th of Jan, 2008

File in small claims court. Bring PAPER proof: contracts, communications, transactions

• Cr
      19th of Jan, 2008

deranged rambling isn't proof

• Na
      30th of Jun, 2009

To Micky, from reading your post, that was an issue with you and your merchant. That's like borrowing money from your mom to buy something from a store but then when you don't want what you bought you ask your mom for money?? makes no sense I'm sorry. Think about it. With credit you actually borrow money from the bank when you purchase something, so if you don't like the purchase do you go back to the person who lent you the money... I don't think so!

• Ba
      24th of Mar, 2010

CAPITAL ONE IN NY IS THE WORST...I BELONG TO THE NJ BRANCE BUT I WENT TO THE BRANCH I NY BECAUSE ITS CLOSE TO MY OFFICE...I REQUESTED A NEW CHECKING ACCOUNT NUMBER BECAUSE OF 2 AMOUNTS I DID NOT RECOGNIZE...THEY ISSUED ME A NEW NUMBER.. DID NOT CLOSE THE OLD NUMBER...FIRST PROBLEM.

THEY TELL ME AND GET SNOTTY WITH ME THAT THE AMOUNT I HAVE IN THE ACCOUNT IS $1, 853..I SAID TO THE MANAGER AT LEAST 16 TIMES ARE YOU SURE BECAUSE IT DOESN''T SOUND RIGHT...THEY SO NO NO THAT'S THE RIGHT BALANCE...

I PAY 2 BILLS...6 DAYS LATER THEY CALL AND SAY YOU MUST COME TO THE BRANCE ASAP!!!
    I RUN TO THE BRANCH AND THEY SAY YET SNOTTY AGAIN...THAT WAS NOT THE RIGHT AMOUNT
    IN THE CHECKING ACCOUNT YOUR NOW OVERDRAWN BECAUSE YOU SPENT THE MONEY..I SAID WHATTTTT I ASKED YOU 16 TIMES WHAT THE AMOUNT WAS AND YOU SAID $1853...OF COURSE THEY DID NOT ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ERROR...PROBLEM IS THEY ARE IN A RUSH ALL THE TIME, THEY DO NOT FOLLOW THROUGH AND DO NOT TAKE RESPONSIBLILITY... I KEPT SAYING THAT'S NOT THE RIGHT AMOUNT..AND THE BRANCH MANAGER, CUSTOMER SERVICE ALL SAID IT WAS THE RIGHT AMOUNT...

TD BANK IS THE BEST..NO DRAMA AND ALL IS ACCURATE...