Capital One Bank / scam and cheating!
On monday October 1st 2007 I checked my checking account online normally as I do i see a balance of five dollars and some cents it was good. And again I checked it again on Wednesday October the 3rd 2007. I was paid on Oct 2nd about $574.00 and I saw 7 overdrafts charges of $32 each totaling $ 224.00 dated on the October 1st. I immediately called a local branch in Dallas, Texas I was told they were not responsible but the branch where I opened it at in New Orleans, LA. I did call and talked to the assistant branch manager to get the charges waived but she said if it was not their error they would not refund the money. I looked over my account and saw that the most of the charged were debits why did they go through if there was no money(insufficient funds) because if that was so they should have been declined and there was a charge $ 99.00 that I didn't expect which a company refunded in 2 days. The bank claimed that didn't cause the overdrafts.
I just want these overdraft fees waived because if these not were not charged I would have been in good standing. They should have been declined if supposedly I didn't have the funds. My debit card was also canceled on October 1st and nobody seems to be able to tell me why all I was told there was an 'alert' on my card. I still waiting for a replacement I do not know if this related or not.
All I want is my $224 back I don't think this is fair I know for a fact if an account does not have sufficient funds it will automatically be declined.
More Capital One Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Capital One Auto Finance - scam and cheating! 
- Capital One - unreasonable account restrictions 
- Capital One Auto Finance - terrible experience 
- Capital One Credit Card Company - fraud business practices! 
- Capital One - terrible service and company in hole 
- Capital One Financial Corporation - capital one quicksilver card
- Capital One Financial Corporation - unsubstantiated credit card hold
- Capital One Bank - employee attitude
- Capital One Financial Corporation - kohl's credit
- Capital One Financial Corporation - customer service