Capital One Bank / online banking / nsf check

1 LA, United States Review updated:

I was with Hibernia National Bank for 8 years before they sold out to Capital One.
WHAT A NIGHTMARE.
In my eight years before, through times with up to a million dollars or more on deposit down to below $200 I almost never had customer service problems. If I did, the problems were quickly and efficiently taken care of.
Now, I routinely have "Transaction Returned" listed on my online statement with no explanation as to the transaction at all. No amount, no check number, no nothing. When I submitted an online inquiry, I was told that they didn't know what the transaction was. When I inquired further, I was directed to call my local branch. The number they provided to do that went to someone's home phone. The service is so bad it borders on unbelievable.
Once I finish this quarter of business, I will find somewhere else to bank. They took a great mid-size local bank from a 9 - 10 customer service rating to a 2 or less.

An

Comments

9th of Mar, 2009

AMEN!!!

• Da
      9th of Mar, 2009

They would much rather serve the illegal immigrants and those who do not speak english. Bank of America should be forced to change their name...

17th of Mar, 2009

Capital One can't even keep their online banking site operational. Is this another case where they will be down for a week at a time? What a bunch of incompetents. Of course their executives will get bonuses for failure just like AIG.

• Pa
      24th of Mar, 2009

Capital One is the worst bank I have ever dealt with. I am a small business owner that isn't getting a bailout from the tax payers. I was forced to close my business accounts because they were returning my checks and charging unbelievable fees for the privalidge of being my bank. In December, we only took in credit cards for payment (we had Capital One credit card processing) and I had to make payroll. The credit card payments had not credited to our bank account yet and they would not okay the payroll checks. My son went to the local branch to cash his check with the branch mgr. to okay the check and was told that I needed to find another bank because they would not help us anymore. i found another bank who wanted our business and closed all the Capital One accounts. yesterday I received a letter from the credit card retention department charging us 891.00 for early termination of our account. I called the number on the letter and was told I would have to pay 305.00 in fees. They took our bailout money and they are unwilling to help any of their customers. I hope all their customers close accounts and this bank goes under.

• Jj
      13th of May, 2009

Oh please. It honestly doesn't have ANY information about the returned amount? And you have no idea why the transaction was returned? It may have something to do with you not having enough for it to get paid. For example, if you make a large deposit and it is put on hold (something that is federally regulated, not by the bank itself) and a check comes through, it will be returned. And you will be charged a non-sufficient funds fee b/c you had insufficient funds at the time. It's your responsibility to make sure your deposit is completely posted and you have enough to cover your checks. So if you're pissed at anyone, it should be yourself, because it is not bank error.

• Tr
      21st of Mar, 2010

Please, remove it from credit bureau
    Thanks!

• Ba
      24th of Mar, 2010

I REQUESTED A NEW CHECKING ACCOUNT NUMBER...THEY TRANSFER THE FUNDS OF 1, 853...I ASKED AT LEAST 16 TIMES ARE YOU SURE THAT'S THE BALANCE I'M NOT SURE IT IS...THE BRANCH MANAGERS RESPONDS NO NO THAT'S THE BALANCE...I PROCEED TO PAY 2 BILLS BY CHECK...

THEY CALL ME 6 DAYS LATER TO SAY GET TO OUR OFFICE RIGHT AWAY!!! THAT WAS NOT THE RIGHT AMOUNT!!!...THEY NOW HAVE CAUSED ME TO BOUNCE YET WILL NO TAKE RESPONSIBLITY FOR THE ERROR..

I REQUESTED A NEW CHECKING ACCOUNT NUMBER BECAUSE THERE WERE 2 DEDUCTIONS I DID NOT AUTHORIZE..THEY WERE SNOTTY IN TELLING ME I HAD $1853 IN THE ACCOUNT...AND SNOTTY IN NOT TAKING RESPONSIBLITY FOR THE AMOUNT ERROR..I USUALLY KNOW WHAT MY AMOUNTS ARE, BECAUSE OF THE UNAUTHORIZED DEDUCTIONS I WAS NOT CLEAR ON MY CHECKING ACCOUNT BALANCE...AGAIN BECAUSE OF THEIR ERROR THEY CAUSED ME TO BOUNCE...

THE 176 BROADWAY BRANCH IN NY IS THE WORST.

• Je
      27th of Sep, 2010

I was with Chevy Chase Bank for years and their online banking website was extremely well designed. Now I have been forced to switch to Capital One and they have the worst online banking website that I have ever seen. It is hard to believe that in 2010 this is the best they have to offer. All I can see when I go to pay my bill is what account I am paying it out of, as if many people have more than one account. I think to list the account one time is sufficient, but they list it besides each payee. You cannot view the payee's address without clicking on the "edit" button. Only one month popups when you click on the calendar and if you want to see your previously paid bills, you have to go to another screen and then remember what the amounts are.