Capital Meats / poor quality meats/broken promises

Capital Meats
Silver Spring
I have bought 3 times from the salesman from this company. The last two purchases were of good quality and the sales rep was rough but always promised to please. This last purchase, the meat looked fantastic, but the meat has no taste and we cannot eat it. We contacted Capital Meats and the sales rep has been calling with excuses as to why he has not been out to take care of the situation. My next stop is the Attorney Generals Office of Maryland. I will also be leafletting my neighborhood to tell them about my experience and to save them from these thieves. Do not buy from James Endres, the salesman, or listen to his lies! Do not buy meat from men with freezers strapped to their pick up trucks.

Do not buy from this company! Call the police if they come to your door!

N  22nd of Mar, 2009 by
Capital Meats is out of Stephens City VA. I thought that complaint needed my address. I wanted you all to know which area they were coming to regularly. Unfortunately, this displayed as my address. I will try to have this fixed with the web masters to have my address removed. So sorry for the misunderstanding.
N  23rd of Sep, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I totally agree about the misrepresentation of Capital Meats. We were outside enjoying a summer day for the Labor Day weekend, when a van pulled up in our driveway. Two men got out & asked my husband & son if they wanted to buy some meat. The driver was Charles Dodson & he went on & on even though we all said no. My husband called him the OxiClean guy & Sham Wow right to his face. They kept asking to come inside, told them it was just fine outside, since that was where we were when they pulled up. Our driveway is hard to notice with all of the fields & trees around us. Just to get them away from us, we ended up buying some meat, biggest mistake we could have made! When they left, we noticed they had not given us all of what was promised for our price. We called the State Police, they came, hunted them down. They brought the driver back to our house, told us to give the meats back to the driver & that our money would be refunded by that Tuesday since it was a holiday weekend. Well, we have no meats, no money back into our account either!
Please DO NOT buy from these people, they RIP YOU OFF!
After numerous times calling their offices around the country, we have gotten no response from them.
Their website is CapitalMeats.com & you can get all of their corporate & branch office addresses & phone numbers.
We live in rural Delaware by the beaches, but in the countryside.
A  24th of Sep, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +3 Votes
Eric Dyson of Capital Meats came to my street in Alexandria, VA in a truck with Maryland plates with a hard sell. He was accompanied by another guy. I bought some stuff, unwisely, to make them go away. I would not let them in my home. I have only tried the scallops - they are not good. I wrote a check, which I stopped payment on, and Eric Dyson came BACK TO MY HOUSE! I reported this to the police today. DO NOT BUY FROM CAPITAL MEATS!! Alert your neighbors and call your local police if you ever see a Capital Meats truck anywhere in your town. Call your state attorney general as well. These guys likely operate without licenses and without food safety permits.
A  14th of Oct, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
### company.
N  22nd of Dec, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -3 Votes
LOL you guys sound like a bunch of cry babys!!! LMAO!
D  22nd of Jan, 2010 by
Agree Disagree -3 Votes
The food is really good actually. I have been eating these products for at least 13 years now. My children eat it and so do my friends and family.
These complaints seem to be a little crazy and blown out of proportion. There is a customer service hotline you can call to reorder or to have a problem solved and there is no problem getting an answer. Their website is another good way to reach them. You should try it sometime. Research the company and you will see they do a lot in their communities to help raise money for different foundations. They Put together an event called the tunnel run in Baltimore Md. to raise money for the special olympics last year. It was a big event that closed down the balt inner harbor tunnel and cooked free food to get the people there. It was a huge event. We were invited but could not go. They also helped raise money for children with autism. They are on 98 rock once in a while on the morning show giving things away. The morning show DJ has been buying the food for years. They give food to homeless shelters. They give food to needy children. They give food to animal rescue centers all over the place. They give food and cook for homeless shelters every year.
The companies food is endorsed by the Redskins and several major athletes that have reputations to uphold. They sponsor Ryan Scooter Jones who won two national championships on his race bike last year and he list goes on and on. Thats just what I know of from last year. Check it out for yourself.
N  21st of Dec, 2010 by
Agree Disagree -3 Votes
i use to work for capital meats. one thing i have to say is that its not the salesman who are to blame were just doing are jobs. we don't force anyone to buy the food thats up to the home owners. i have heard both sides that the food is good and that it sucks. kind of like some people like walmart streak and others don't. its not us that are getting you guys its yourselfs. honestly though the company does suck i don't like there food i wont buy it either. the company is set up for there employees to take all the risk. if we get in trouble with the law for soliciting they dont help us. everything is on us. its 100 percent commission. we pay for the truck charge trucks are 28 dollars and vans are 42 a day to drive. some trucks dont have heat air conditioning. lights dont work and if we get pulled over half the time the registration isnt in the truck we get tickets because we pay to take these peice of [censor] trucks out and were stuck with the tickets. half the people that work for the company are drug addicts. its all under the table work also. we get the case of steaks for 110 dollars same with seafood and pork the chicken is 106. they front us the meat if we sell it we owe the company for the case. notice on the brosure the case of steaks go out for 438 dollars but we pay 110 for it so the difference is are money so if we give the customer two case one being steaks and another being chicken for the price of the steaks (438) we owe capital meats 216 dollars back we make the difference (218 dollars). thats how they make there living. the company doesnt give a [censor] about the employees why would they care about the customers and the guys saying he ate the food for 13 years is lying if he did he never had a good steak. 13 years ago they carried steaks that were glued together with edible glue. there is alot more to it than this also i could go on and on about this company. one thing its not is a scam becuase your getting what you want just not what you thought you wanted. its totally up to the customer to by the food.
N  11th of May, 2011 by
Everyone has an opinion. In my opinion I think they do a good job. I had a problem one time. I called and discussed it with a manager who even refunded my money. I have not had any issues since. I pick what I want in my packages, they deliver, stock my freezer, place the items in zip lock bags, sort the meat by category i.e. steak, chicken. The gentleman that puts my packages together is Jerome. He is professional in appearance and in the way his does business. My husband and I always commend him and the guys that he brings with him on a job well done. We have been buying from them for more than a year now and are completely satisfied. So if the company sucks than this one employee makes a helluva difference. I have dealt with other companies that are similar, but none with the customer services skills that this guy has. As for the quality of the meat and other products, I have no complaints ther either. If a buy a product that I am not satisfied with, just like any other decent retailer I call and either exchange or get a refund with no problem. So again I must say everyone has their opinion, I just gave you mines.

P.S. None of the people that I have referred them to have any complaints either.
N  15th of Aug, 2012 by
The salesmen were extremely pushy and I would almost say they would't leave until you either slammed the door in their face or bought something. They were very smooth operators I warn you. They keep lowering the price "just for you" every time you said no until they make you feel like you are being given such a bargain you can't refuse. We decided to try the fish and pork along with the steaks this time. Incidentally, why we ever bought anything additional from them is beyond me because all we usually end up eating is the hamburger. The steaks are absolutely tasteless. No taste at all. This time we bought pork chops that were suppose to be thick and wrapped in bacon, You might call them thick; they were about the size of my pinky finger, however, and they weren't wrapped in bacon as far as I could tell they were wrapped in thick slabs of FAT. Just fat. We also got the flounder fillets and they were so small you had to pick out five for one person's dinner. The chicken honey dijon filets were very small and there weren't many in the box and they came with no directions as to how long to cook or at what temperature. They just instructed you to cook thoroughly to 160 degrees. When we opened all of the boxes they were packed with a very skimpy amount of the product.. We totally were ripped off and feel like complete idiots.
A  28th of Apr, 2013 by
Agree Disagree +3 Votes
Charles Dodson also tried to rip us off by dumping 3/4 of the meat we said we'd buy into a large box saying they recycled the cardboard from the boxes. He claimed it was an "honest mistake" when I called him on it. From the reviews I've found online he makes this "honest mistake" with every customer he sells to just to see if it will stick.
A  11th of Jul, 2016 by
I got had by one of these "salesmen" also. I was putting together a fishing rod for my son and I to go fishing and someone knocked on the door so my son opened it up and he had time me he was selling me and had another guy that seemed like he was being trained being in a box of steak and chicken he showed me it and told me he would sell me the steak and the chicken was free. I taken aback by the fact this man was selling meat out of a truck and offering a free case so I was like no, I'm a single father and don't have that much money. He then told me he should sign me up for the military discount and it would be 300 for both cases instead of the. So then he was like instead of a free box of chicken I'll give you two of steak. I thought about it for alittle while he talked me into it so I gave in. He then told me he would load the freezer for me and needless to say, meats not all there and I feel like an idiot. I got 6 steak burgers when the website says you get 12 in each case. I'm not gonna even bother counting the rest. I sent an email to the company telling them about this so hopefully some good comes out of it. On a bright note though my son was excited to when I pulled all that steak out to count it

Capital Meats Logo Capital Meats