capital finance / scammed

1 British Columbia, Canada Review updated:

I also got scammed by this fellow named Steve Langley susposely the bank manager of Capital Finance, said I was approved of a 5000 loan and needed 500 dollars for security reasons. sent me loan applications and documents that looked real, definitely had me fooled, then nothing
number got cancelled and haven't heard anything from them since, so I got scammed 500 dollars and they have my s.i.n number along with a void check, what should I do know?

Comments

• Sc
      2nd of Jan, 2008

Run your credit report, you can use the USA government funded website which is http://www.annualcreditreport.com (no need to enter any credit card information).

See if there are any accounts you did not open.

Contact each of the credit bureau via postal mail or via internet and state that someone has stolen check and your SSN. State that you would like to place a 90 day fraud alert on your credit file. Include a number that you may be reached to contact in case anyone opens any new accounts with your information. I would highly suggest to continue to contact them to re-place the fraud alert.

Pablo