Capital Distribution Group / Sandy Peterson Payments Officer / They don't exist!

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

Capital Distribution Group - Sandy Peterson Payments Officer.

6a-170 The Donway West, Suite 1313
Toronto, Ontario, M3C 2E8

I received a prize notification from these people stating that i had won £6,000, and all i had to do to claim it was to reply by post within 7 days and forward payment processing / delivery fee of £19.95 for processing/delivery fee. I ran a check on several scam report site and found that this company does not exist nor in fact does the address and further more the same address has been used with similar scams under different company names these people /company's are fraudulent it's a CON.

Comments

• Su
      20th of Jul, 2007

I also recieved this letter. These people are only out to get your hard earned cash. Please be cautious and check scam web sites first, if in doubt.

• Bi
      21st of Jul, 2007

Today (21.7.07) received exactly the same offer - can't the powers that be intercept these mailings and bin them - it would save a lot of distress.

21st of Jul, 2007

I received the very same letter, thanks to the postings on this site I have saved myself some bother, thanks!! P.S. I returned the form with bogus credit card details.

• Su
      6th of Aug, 2007

I have read the above comments and now feel very stupid that i was taken in by these people and have sent a cheque to them. I now hope i can cancel it.

24th of Sep, 2007

i had this same letter and i am glad i checked this out on the internet i am a single mum of three and can not afford to lose any money, how do these people sleep at night

• Al
      19th of Nov, 2007

There is an old rule that should be strictly adhered to. "If it looks too good to be true. It is."

Don't fall for these criminal scams. Such people who perpetrate them, are really beneath contempt...

• Mr
      19th of Nov, 2007

I received a letter today saying I had won £9000 pounds and to send £19.95 within 7 days to receive a diamond pendant. I am so glad I looked on the net to find out this is fraudulant claim. Thanks everyone.

• Mi
      19th of Nov, 2007

I have just received the same letter saying that I had won £9000. which would be difficult as I have not entered a competition!! Glad I did a bit of research...

• Li
      20th of Nov, 2007

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH ALL THE OTHER PERSONS COMMENTING ON THIS SCAM LETTER. I HAVE JUST RECEIVED ONE... AND I THOUGHT IT TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE... AND JUST GLAD I CHECKED ONLINE TOO!!!...

14th of Dec, 2007

Just had the letter just printed off all the negative votes against this company and am going to forward them in the envelope they supplied with out a STAMP

• Ro
      15th of Dec, 2007

GOT SAME LETTER TODAY! RIP OFF... THEY SHOULD BE PUT DOWN...

RON.

• Ai
      19th of Dec, 2007

I also reveived letter today (19/12/07 ) signed by Payments Officer Sandy Peterson from Capital Distribution group at 720 King Str.W.Suite 514 Toronto, ON M5V 355 Canada. It says I have won £ 9000.oo and all I have to do is to reply within 7 days and forward payment £ 19.95!!!

• Ya
      19th of Dec, 2007

I have received the same letter from them!!!

The thing I want to know is: how did they get my detail? My name and address??

• St
      19th of Dec, 2007

Same here! 19/12/07 just came home from work and found this letter. My partner advised me to check the internet for them as they don't even specify a contact telephone number on their letter! Easy way for them to make £19.95 of people... Just think... almost a £2000 scam per 100 recipients who fall for it! ALWAYS check these things first, then bin it! Well done to the people above who sent these comments and fake credit card details to them!

• We
      19th of Dec, 2007

I feel so daft now, almost ashamed to add my name to this list of people who have all been conned!!! I shouldn't be ashamed though, so many have received the same thing and gone for it, even if it was just for a couple of minutes!! The more people that swallow their pride and admit to getting these things, the better,to make it more visible to others of what is happening!!!

This put such a smile on my face for such a short while but has left me feeling stupid and victimised!!! How the hell have they got my name and address?? So glad that I checked it out on google first!!!
    Wendy, Sheffield, South Yorkshire

• Me
      20th of Dec, 2007

I feel so stupid I received my letter on the 19/12/2007 because I enter so many competitions I didn't hesitate in sending a cheque, I just hope I can cancel it tomorrow as I'm a single parent with 2 children & can't believe this is happening to me with so many other things to organise before Tuesday.

This person or people are sick & I hope they are caught & bought to justice for what they have done to us.

Happy Christmas to you all anyway.

• Ab
      20th of Dec, 2007

Hello guys! Happy christmass everybody! My name is Abror, i am a student, not so long time here in London. I also receive this letter yesterday 19.12.2007. You know that need to much money for a christmas, for a new year. I have a lot of plans. I was very happy like stupid when i get this letter. But now is also happy, because it's so funny that i beleive to this thing- to christmas joke! Anyway Happy New Year eveybody! Abror.

• Ab
      20th of Dec, 2007

I don't know nothing & don't want to know about it, already i did a lot of plans for new year. how to spend money & anyway i will wait for my another gift for a new year! Pls. People never let down my dreams!

22nd of Dec, 2007

Hi there Alas! I have received one of these SCAM mails and am quite aware of its validity. However I will send my details but I may enter a couple of invalid numbers from my credit card. Lets just hope these ### waste more of THEIR money trying to get me to forward my correct card numbers.

I we ALL did this it would mean that THEY (the ###) would end up spending More of THEIR money to try to obtain money by DECEPTION.

23rd of Dec, 2007

I have also received one of these letters today. God knows how they get our details!!! First alarm - no contact telephone number.

I would like to comment that it is in fact ILLEGAL to charge someone for their winnings. Think about it, couldn't they just take postage charges from the promised monies?

I have received similar via email from a Euro Millions scam based in Africa, be warned of that one too.

I would also like to add that it is DANGEROUS to get involved with these people, it is best to just throw the letters away, or delete from your inbox!!!!!!

These people prey on the masses and especially at this time of year, when the money is needed. If you haven't entered a competition, likely hood is SCAM!

I hope anyone who is victim can cancel their checks, or get in touch with their credit card companies, do it! Don't let it ruin your Xmas... we all want a bit of Good Luck sometimes!

Wishing you all a Happy New Year!