Capers Taylor / account breach

1 Gaithersburg, MD, United States

I received an email stating that my account had a change of address submitted and that if this was incorrect to call an 800 number. I was not sure if this was a scam email with a fake number, so I called the number on the back of my credit card. In talking with the representative, I was told that on Sep 14, 2017, someone went online and changed my current address to another address of a state which I do not reside. I have lived at my current residence for 21 years and I do not make changes online. I still ended up talking to a supervisor and finally a manager. The representative cancelled the current card and will reissue a new card. They informed me no fraudulent activity had occurred. My concern was how did someone breach credit one system and got access to my account enough to change my 21 year old mailing address?

• Updated by Capers Taylor, Sep 19, 2017