Capella University / fraud and cheating

I contacted Capella University about Ph.D. classes in business, and was hard-sold by their 'counselors' who called me and pressured me to enroll. The per credit cost I was originally quoted was increased after my first term. They also did not mention the additional costs of attending required residential colloguia, which add a hug amount to the cost of a Capella education. The travel, plus a week off from work, plus Capella's fees of $1, 350 for each week make these more expensive than traveling to Europe. I tried to withdraw from my classes, and was told I had withdrawn. Later, I got a bill for about $1, 800 from Capella, even though I did not participate in the classes and thought they had been dropped. I have complained to the Federal Trade Commission and the Washington State Attorney General about this, and Capella refuses to recognize the error.

They suggested that I borrow the money from one of their lenders and pay them that way. I insisted that I was unwilling to pay for services I never received. Capella still insists I pay. Caveat Emptor!

Va

Comments

• On
      12th of May, 2009
    Best Best Advice +4 Votes

i'm a current student and was told that my financial aid would cover everything and now i owe 1860. the worst decision i ever made was going to capella university. at least i know ill pass my classes.

8th of Aug, 2017

@one mad capella customer *student* Contact: JOHNLEEBASS@GMAIL.COM for class action lawsuit against this scam "school"

24th of Aug, 2017

@one mad capella customer *student* Capella Sanctioned by the Government

SEE ABOVE AS CITED AT:

• On
      12th of May, 2009

DO NOT GO TO CAPELLA UNIVERSITY. YOU ARE A CUSTOMER NOT A STUDENTS. YOU END OF PAYING THOUSANDS FOR A WORTHLESS DEGREE. IF YOU SEE ANY GOOD COMMENTS ABOUT CAPELLA EVERY ONE IS FROM A CAPPELLA EMPLOYEE NOT FROM A REAL STUDENT/CUSTOMER.

• Ph
      6th of Dec, 2009

Obviously, you do not know how to listen and/or read. If you were enrolled and even fumbled through the website OR if you even checked out other PhD programs, you would notice they ALL require you to attend multiple residencies or colloquia at some point through the program. It sounds like you thought this was going to be an easy and cheap process to get your degree. Fortunately for the rest of us, you were sadly mistaken.

Additionally, to you and everyone else, if you also read through the withdrawal process, you would have noticed the withdrawal dates and the amount you would have been refunded.

If you thought this was going to be an easy process or an easy degree, you are one who truly needs an education...in common sense. If it was easy, everyone would have a PhD and the degree would then be about as worthless as all of you.

There are tough instructors, yes, BUT they are there to make you a better student, person, and colleague. Remember, you are joining an elite group. This is a terminal degree and one that should not be taken lightly. I have had two very difficult and extremly frustrating instructors, but it forced me to study that much harder. The result of which left me more appreciative of what it was they were trying to teach me. Those classes were building blocks of skills I will need for my dissertation.

Being only six classes away from my comprehensive exams and disseration, I have found this process very humbling and enlightening, and am much more appreciative of both fellow PhD learners and instructors. I expect to finish my dissertation around the fall of 2011. Maybe you should open your eyes to a new perspective of appreciation and humility for your own inadequacies.

• Ro
      13th of Jun, 2017

@PhD2011 Vert well said.

8th of Aug, 2017

@PhD2011 Well said "paid Capella employee"!

18th of May, 2010

That is horrible.

18th of May, 2010

That is horrible, yes and sorry it has happened.
    But I have know people fail a class 3 time and after two times it takes special permission to take the class again. They passed it the third time. So it is not a given in terms of grades, not in terms of the grade you receive. This is very negative press. I do agree that at times it seems some of the instructors are more lenient than they should be.

• Gj
      17th of Jan, 2011

Capella sucks and they will rob you!!!

• Sh
      29th of Jan, 2011

Just to state for the readers, not everyone from Washington state is as naive as this individual seems to be. Most every community college that I have heard of, talk to, or otherwise spoken with including two I have instructed for have stated that Capella is accepted as one of the most important universites today. The reason I mention the community colleges opinion is that many PhD recipients intend to teach at the community college level and having a PhD definitely gets your foot in the door to teach. Many of the four year colleges in the area that do not offer a PhD feel the same way.

8th of Aug, 2017

@shemite "...talked to or spoken with..."

Well said reiterating yourself! Another Capella paid employee to post ALTERNATIVE FACTS on here!

10th of Jul, 2011

I attended Capella University to receive a Masters in Family Psychology about 6 years ago. Since that time, they have been trying to squeeze about $1860 out of me, saying that I failed to pay for a class. I had all of my expenses paid with a FAFSA loan and so, I am very certain that this is an error on their part. Sounds like they do this sort of thing to a lot of their students and probably successfully get that extra two grand from a fair number of them. The degree that I got has proven worthless in my field. I too was "hard sold" by counselors who wanted me to continue on with Capella to get a PhD in Useless Psychology. I realized, however, that I could buy a house for the same amount that I would end up paying for a doctorate from Capella and at least if I bought a house, I would end up with some equity...something to show for it.

24th of Aug, 2017

@Marathon Facts About Capella University: Capella University was (IS) the subject of an Education Department audit, which revealed that the school overcharged lenders and this department by over a half million dollars. Capella University spends an unusually high portion of revenue on marketing and a relatively small amount on instruction (for its exclusively online program). Most instructors are part-time and accreditation could be an issue in the near future. Capella University appears to maintain aggressive enrollment goals for the more than 300 recruiters it employs. Many former students of Capella University have been plagued with high debt to income ratios after taking out student loans from this for-profit university. Capella University was recently questioned for having a high withdrawal rate amongst students in its programs and for spending an unusually high percentage of revenue on marketing. (SOURCE: www.processmystudentloans.com/capella)

CAPELLA UNIVERSITY information is cited below, where such websites state, “students don't mind a non-APA degree”, and also citing that CAPELLA UNIVERSITY states, “graduates earn more income upon their graduating from its university” - which is false! Additionally to its PhD/PsyD Doctoral Programs, CAPELLA UNIVERSITY graduates cannot even practice clinical psychology, as its psychology doctoral programs are also not recognized by the APA in many, if any states – a requirement of course, necessary for a graduate to permit a graduate to earn state board-certification or ability to practice psychology – same issue as stated here within regarding Argosy University (a lawsuit Argosy University “lost”).

Argosy University was even known for its “bait & switch”, whereas all of its psychology students were transferred from its PhD program, to its PsyD program, with the university aware that it was not recognized by the American Psychology Association (APA), and Argosy University even canceled its pursuit to become accredited for its Psychology Doctoral Programs – with its students to enrolled in its programs. This university has been successfully sued for this situation. So was Phoenix University! Capella University is no different!

University of Phoenix Class Action Lawsuit 2015- 2016: The University of Phoenix is being sued and may be “shut down”, by court order! Three former students who withdrew from the university filed the lawsuit out of Arkansas, whereas the students claimed that the University of Phoenix sought tuition payments directly from the students after they withdrew instead of deducting the payments directly from the students' loans. The students withdrew because the quality of education they received from the University of Phoenix was extremely poor, the instructors would not help them, and some instructors went missing for a few days in the online classrooms - - JUST LIKE CAPELLA UNIVERSITY!

CAPEALLA UNIVERSITY is currently under investigation by the State of Minnesota Attorney General’s Office (and other states’ AG’s offices), the State of Minnesota Department of Higher Education, in addition to "our" group's legal pursuit for: 1.) Conversion; 2.) Breach of Contract; 3.) Interference With Contractual Relations; 4.) Breach of the Implied Covenant of Good Faith and Fair Dealing; and 5.) Unjust Enrichment.

Three former students who withdrew from the University of Phoenix filed the lawsuit out of Arkansas, whereas the students claimed that the University of Phoenix sought tuition payments directly from the students after they withdrew instead of deducting the payments directly from the students' loans. The students withdrew because the quality of education they received from the University of Phoenix was extremely poor, the instructors would not help them, and some instructors went missing for a few days in the online classrooms - - JUST LIKE CAPELLA UNIVERSITY!

10th of Jul, 2011

I need to add, that I attended Capella University with the idea that I might be able to teach at a Community College eventually. Then, as I did some more research, I learned that Community Colleges often pay "slave wages" (this was a term I heard not one but THREE different faculty members in three different states use to describe their salary). If you enjoy your work, then I think that probably the wages are adequate, but often these faculty members were underpaid for the hours they worked. Add on top of that the problem of having exorbitant loans to repay and the fact that Capella won't send out your transcripts because they've managed to freeze your account due to supposedly unpaid balances and you've got quite a problem. If the cost of attending Capella was more in the line with the actual salary that you would be paid upon graduating and getting a job, then I would agree about its importance for STUDENTS and the general public. As it is, I can see that Capella provides an important resource for COMMUNITY COLLEGES because people arrive there desperate for money, desperate for a job, trying to pay off that big loan they've got sitting there.

• Ak
      6th of Jan, 2012

I started for a week. had to stop due to family medical emergency, They are still trying to get the "cost" of the semester from me. They said I wasn't enrolled officially or long enough for my FAFSA to be applied . So how was it official acceptance enough to accumulate a bill ? I did not participate long enough to qualify for the aid, yet I stayed too long to withdraw> It has been a horrible experience of nothing but double speak trying to demand payment from a NON accepted - NON participating enrolled candidate. Do yourself a favor, go anywhere else.

• Nf
      24th of Feb, 2012

Best of luck to you. I hope it works out with your next employer.

• St
      25th of Oct, 2013

They don't hold true to their own policy and protocols. Those are in place to protect them from their student body and liability issues from their true incompetence. There is plenty of that to go around. It is well documented that they spend three times the amount of funding on marketing than student instruction; another half of which is spent on legal council to pick up their messes. It is a shame they can give millions to lobbyist to advocate for their substandard degrees taking advantage of anyone who works hard, wants to better themselves so they can line their pockets with taxpayer funding. What a fraud they are and how they have scammed the entire country. I would never let my own children go to any for-profit and Capella heads up the list of worst offenders. We need alternatives to private and public who should also not be exonerated from bad behavior by those who might benefit but this isn't it. No accountability or real power over their money stream equates to poor instruction, service, little compassion and terrible standards of ethics and academic honesty. Something must be done as bait and switch is really a crime. It is also well documented that their financial aid office was on the take, that they were paying other schools to direct undergraduates into their programs, and that they have had numerous lawsuits from their own insurance company who found them to be dishonest, corporate share holders, students, and instructors in addition to their flagrant violations of FERPA. They left many students in the lurch when they changed the program after failing to get APA accreditation despite the fact that most people need to get licensed in order to pay back the loans if nothing goes wrong and they get their degrees eventually. It also would appear that they milk the dissertation process for whatever dime they can squeeze. It's all about the money money money and if you become a problem they will destroy your life completely without remorse. Go anywhere else. They have kicked many intelligent people to the curb who were unaware of the thugs that work there. These are not at all professionals with your interests at heart or even academic but puppets who dance to the strings of Wall Street's greed and is it ever corrupt. One of the worst things is their ability to ignore you as their is no recourse, and online can be a recipe for abuse if students dare to voice concerns or expect academic freedom.

• He
      24th of May, 2016

I am a current student and my experience has been horrible. My first instructor set me up for failure by giving me one or 2 word responses I had to take my first course twice. I called my tutor for help no response. You get their voicemail. I want to withdraw but it is past the 12 calander day policy. So I am going to suck it up and complete the course and transfer to a different school that actually cares about the sucess of their students. Horrible experience run!

@Heidi Bemis Withdraw! ASAP! This "school" is a scam - Like UNIV OF PHOENIX

Don't be fooled by these COMPENSATED CAPELLA employees to (NOW) comment on here AND attempts to cover their [censor]!

"An investigation on behalf of former and current students of Capella Education Company (NASDAQ:CPLA) and its Capella University, was announced in connection with the report by the Government Accountability Office with the title "For-Profit Colleges: Undercover Testing Finds Colleges Encouraged Fraud in Deceptive and Questionable Marketing Practices."

Capella is an online postsecondary education services company. It operates through its wholly owned subsidiary, Capella University. Capella Education Company faces an investor lawsuit filed on behalf of those who purchased common stock of Capella Education (CPLA) between February 16, 2010 and August 13, 2010 against Capella Education Company over alleged violations of Federal Securities Laws. The lawsuit followed a report by the U.S. Government Accountability Office with the title “Undercover Testing Finds Colleges Encouraged Fraud and Engaged in Deceptive and Questionable Marketing Practices” which detailed undercover investigations into 15 for-profit schools that uncovered misconduct by school staff.
    On August 4, 2010, the Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions Committee conducted a hearing on for-profit education firms, where Government Accountability Office representative, George Kutz, presented the findings of report GAO-10-948T, "For-Profit Colleges: Undercover Testing Finds Colleges Encouraged Fraud in Deceptive and Questionable Marketing Practices." The report detailed undercover investigations into 15 for-profit schools that uncovered misconduct by school staff. According to this GAO study, the college personnel at schools owned by Education Management Corp. may have encouraged applicants to falsify their financial aid forms to qualify for federal aid and pressured applicants to sign a contract for enrollment prior to allowing them to speak to a financial advisor.

According to the investigation by a law firm former and current students of Strayer Education, Inc. (NASDAQ:STRA) and its Strayer University may have material information concerning those allegations and may be eligible to file a complaint for allegedly misleading students.

Also whistleblowers may according to the law firm be able to assist or file their own complaint. Under the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act signed into law in July the SEC can award between 10 percent and 30 percent of any monetary sanctions of more than $1 million to whistleblowers who provide “original information” leading to a successful SEC enforcement, so the law firm. Whistleblowers may remain completely anonymous and work with the SEC through an attorney. Under the new law, so the investigation, whistleblowers are also granted expanded rights and protections against employer retaliation when disclosing information of corporate wrongdoing to the SEC.

Recently the Attorney General of Florida Bill McCollum launched an investigation into some for-profit education companies. On October 19, 2010, the Wall Street Journal reported that Florida Attorney General's office has launched an investigation into five for-profit colleges, including four publicly traded schools, seeking information on potential misrepresentations in financial aid, recruitment and other areas. The state is reportedly looking into allegations at Washington Post Co.'s (WPO) Kaplan Inc.--including its Kaplan University, Kaplan Educational Centers and Kaplan College units--and at Education Management Corp.'s (EDMC) Argosy University, Apollo Group Inc.'s (APOL) University of Phoenix; Corinthian Colleges Inc.'s (COCO) Everest College and privately held MedVance Institute."

29th of Jun, 2016

Greetings All –
    Sorry to hear Capella’s been a big disappointment for us. After attending and spending 100k, they withdrew me and denied my appeal for an extension. I’m all for following policies and procedures but its difficult, when there forever changing. The program is scam geared to benefit Capella. I'd like to joing anyone looking to file a class action suit. Please email at cghumphrey@hotmail.com

@Sandra Humphrey Contact:
    JOHNLEEBASS@GMAIL.COM
    for class action lawsuit against this scam "school", and to shut this corporate greed, crap "school" down, FOR GOOD!

9th of Aug, 2017

CAPELLA = WARNING ! ! !

BELOW AS CITED BY "JULIEB" @ "CHALLENGESTUDENTDEBT.COM" - which is very well said (written)!

"Capella University complaints are certainly making a buzz online and the angry hive of bees making them is preparing to make their legal attack against the university. Many student complaints indicate that this scam school has instructors who don’t do grading, provide no feedback, and do not respond to questions regarding their comments on papers. Students are told they have failed but not given any indication as to what they got wrong and are told to schedule a rewrite. Constant requests for feedback on what they got wrong go unanswered and students then write the second submission only to fail it again without explanations.

When an answer finally does come from instructors or for complaints to administrators, the sessions have long since ended and the response is now useless.

Many students complain that instructions often change grading rubrics, refuse to provide grading rubrics or their amendments to students, refuse to accept resubmissions, or have failed students for making an error in APA citation formatting. Such formatting is outlined to count for 5 points out of 50 per question in many circumstances so students are left scratching their heads as to how an APA error caused them to lose enough points to fail.

Complaints submitted to administrators regarding unfair marking are ignored until after final grades are submitted and students are then told it is too late to regrade assignments or exams. Rude or abusive behavior by instructors is not dealt with by administration and students are forced to continue under these conditions without administrative correction.

The bulk of complaints regarding Capella is from students in the dissertation process to receive their PhDs. Many student complaints in this regard indicate that the school does not have enough mentors or committee members to provide the services for dissertation and students are forced to continuously reschedule and ask for extensions. That some students have waited over two years for their dissertation to be approved is appalling to say the least. Worse yet, these students must pay $5, 000 in tuition per semester to be part of the dissertation process even though they are not attending any classes.

Some students indicated that their dissertation proposal was rejected multiple times for being substandard. One such student brought their dissertation proposals to a consulting firm that works with Harvard dissertation students and was told it would have passed Harvard’s submission guidelines several revisions ago.  Some students have waited as long as a year for a simple meeting with the committee members only to have insufficient members show up at the scheduled time and have been forced to reschedule.

Current and former student complaints indicate a class action suit is in the works as students leave gather together in complaint forums and gather their forces to gain strength in numbers and meet the requirements of launching a class action suit. In the meantime, many students at Capella find themselves consistently paying for tuition because the administration can’t get their act together and get students out the door once they’ve been locked in their maze of incomprehensible twist and turns."

25th of Aug, 2017

- - - - class action lawsuit v. capella university - - - -

Request a ‘litigation information form’ & submit the completed 'form' to:
    Attn: roberta yard, esq.
    Reinhardt, wendorf & blanchfield
    Attorneys at law
    East 1250 first national bank bldg.
    332 minnesota st.
    St. paul, mn 55101
    Tel: (651) 287-2100
    Fax: (651) 287-2103
    E-mail: r. yard@rwblawfirm.com

File your “complaint” with the department of justice at:
    Https://www.justice.gov/crt...

File your “complaint” with the federal trade commission at:
    Https://www.ftc.gov/faq/con...

File your “complaint” with the consumer financial protection bureau at:
    Https://www.consumerfinance...

File your “complaint” with the u. s. government accountability office at:
    Https://www.gao.gov/about/c...

Send your completed ‘complaint form’ to:
    Minnesota office of higher education
    Curriculum & student consumer research analyst;
    Institutional licensing & registration
    1450 energy park dr., suite 350
    St. paul, mn 55108
    Tel: (651) 259-3975
    Ohe. state. mn. us

25th of Aug, 2017

Capella Sanctioned by the Government :

According to the GAO report, Capella had a high withdrawal rate among students in bachelor’s degree programs, and spent an usually high percentage of its revenue on marketing. In March 2008, Capella was also the subject of an Education Department audit, which revealed that the school overcharged lenders and this department by over a half million dollars. The inspector general’s audit revealed mistakes in calculation of student eligibility for federal loans, as well as failure to return funds granted on behalf of students who withdrew from their courses.

THE ABOVE IS CITED AT: www.collegeaffordabilityguide.org/online-colleges-sanctioned-by-government-organizations/

CAPELLA UNIVERSITY is currently under investigation by the State of Minnesota Attorney General’s Office (and other states’ AG’s offices), the State of Minnesota Department of Higher Education, in addition to "our" group's legal pursuit for: 1.) Conversion; 2.) Breach of Contract; 3.) Interference With Contractual Relations; 4.) Breach of the Implied Covenant of Good Faith and Fair Dealing; and 5.) Unjust Enrichment.

JUST LIKE CAPELLA UNIVERSITY - - University of Phoenix is well known as one of the largest for-profit colleges in the US, and may also be among the most predatory. University of Phoenix has a long history of lawsuits for its’ deceptive practices. The “school” was recently being sold, leaving students out in the dark. The university has paid several government fines and settled whistle-blower lawsuits concerning its admissions practices and education programs. In 2000, the federal government fined the university $6 million for including study-group meetings as instructional hours. In 2002, the Department of Education relaxed requirements on instructional hours.

In 2014 the US Department of Education’s Office of the Inspector General demanded records from the University of Phoenix and its parent company Apollo Group going back to 2007 “related to marketing, recruitment, enrollment, financial aid, fraud prevention, [and] student retention. (SOURCE: http://unitedlegalaid.com/university-phoenix-class-action/ )

University of Phoenix Settles False Claims Act Lawsuit for $67.5 Million:

Therefore, if you were provided ‘false information/’false promises’ from CAPELLA UNIVERSITY on this issue, or on any matter, especially upon graduation, that you will be qualified to ‘practice’ psychology within your state, or you were provided ‘false information’/’false promises’ (regardless of the type of program that you were enrolled with CAPELLA UNIVERSITY) by CAPELLA UNIVERSITY such as what’s stated above, and/or that you would earn a higher income completing any of its programs, and/or you know of other Learners in this (same) predicament, please contact me ( johnleebass@gmail.com ) and Ms. Kendra Cobb ( kendracobb2265@gmail.com ). Also, information regarding what’s mentioned in this paragraph, there are websites provided below, providing links for your convenience, for further review.

Additionally, another Learner provided “our” group that, the State of Minnesota passed a State Bill (S.B.) regarding requirements by higher education universities must comply, with the attached document (S.B.) in this e-mail to you providing you details on this S.B. In accordance to comply with this S.B. please refer to the attached (document/”report”), where you can read the “report” (statistics/facts) about CAPELLA UNIVERSITY; referred to as the, “HARKINS REPORT”. CAPELLA UNIVERSITY’S “report”/statistics starts on PAGE 316. This report complies with State of Minnesota S.B., that we’ve reference above.

Regarding the above-mentioned “report”, please refer specifically to the appendices of pages 318-319, whereas it is stated, “Student complaints indicate dissatisfaction with the instructional quality at Capella. In a letter to the President of Capella from HLC, the company’s accreditor expresses concern regarding academic quality: [This student’s] “letter is troubling in light of two other recent complaints”... These complaints, taken as a group, suggest dissatisfaction on the part of at least some graduate students with the quality of the interaction they have had in the institution’s core academic programs and an unwillingness on the part of the institution to review and respond to the potential customer service issues these complaints suggest. (SOURCE: Letter from The Higher Learning Commission to Capella University President, December 20, 2006 (CAPELLA-0049248)

Slightly more than 1 in 5 students who attended a “for-profit college” (22%) defaulted on a student loan, according to the most recent data. In contrast, 1 student in 11 at public and non-profit schools defaulted within the same period. On the whole, students who attended for-profit schools default at nearly three times the rate of students who attended other types of institutions. (SOURCE: Senate HELP Committee staff analysis of U.S. Department of Education Trial Cohort Default Rates fiscal year 2005-8, http://federalstudentaid.ed.gov/datacenter/cohort.html - Default rates calculated by cumulating number of students entered into repayment and default by sector. However, It is likely that the reported default rates significantly undercount the number of students who ultimately face default, because of companies’ efforts to place students in ‘deferments’ and ‘forbearances’)

CAPELLA UNIVERSITY provided to the “HARIKINS REPORT”, that out of the 5, 602 Bachelor’s students who enrolled at CAPELLA UNIVERSITY in 2008-2009, 60.3% (or 3, 378 students), withdrew by mid-2010. Capella’s Bachelor’s withdrawal rate of 60.3% exceeds the sector-wide rate of 54.3% and is the 6th highest withdrawal rate for Bachelor’s degree programs of any company examined by the committee. Capella’s graduate degree students’ withdrawal rates average at/greater 43.6% (7, 369 students) who enrolled in these graduate programs between 2008-2009 withdrew by mid-2010. (SOURCE: “HARKINS REPORT”)

• Di
      22nd of Feb, 2018

I enrolled in the DBA program from 2014 to 2018. As I was in a short track (10 quarter track), I supposedly graduated in 2016 but had to withdraw in 2018. My only negative experience is with my mentor. And that seems good enough to stop me from completing the program.

He continued using a delay tactic to offer me no feedback, no response, and NS grades to extend my continuing enrollment. My complaint and request for mentor change was denied by the school. So my mentor continued his business as usual, holding me hostage in retaliation of my request. One time he yelled at me while another committee member was in the conference call, stating 'that will cost you a doctorate.' With the help of my advisor, everything seemed to work fine after my request was denied. However, the advisor had to set up conference calls for me and my mentor when I need to ask him anything as he became unavailable if I tried to contact him directly. One day I just received an email that confirmed my advisor's retirement. The next advisor quit after a couple of months trying to help me. Overall, the advisors have worked dilligently to help learners succeed. Yet the obstacles were so great that they rendered the advisors ineffective.

I thought if I endured my sufferings and kept following the process, I could finish the work and be rewarded at the end. But I was wrong. After receiving the full committee's approval and 2 quarters later, I found that the school deferred my paper three times, citing chapter 2 needed to be rewritten. My mentor's instruction for me did not help change the school's opinion. And no one was willing to tell me what to do. My mentor offerred a conference call with me. But after I gave him my availability, he just disappeared.

From my experience, I can tell that my mentor and the school partnered to cheat me out of my doctorate. And the cheating process was well coordinated. The only thing I do not understand is that Capella as a public company also cheats its shareholders as the auditors probably look away and let Capella continue its deceiving practices. I read a lot of complaints about the school but did not believe any of them until the worst happened to me.

22nd of Feb, 2018

Very disturbing, but unfortunately, your Capella 'complaints'/'issues' are the same among the 80+ in our group. And, your experiences delay tactics, mentor changes, mentors disappearing/not responding timely - all which happened with me too, and I'm certain there are 1000s more out there. University of Phoenix settled a lawsuit with its students a few years back, so Capella's unfair, deceptive business practices, illegal & unethical conduct is NO DIFFERENT, NO BETTER!

johnleebass@gmail.com