Cape Watch / lost my Mechelle Herbelin watch

South Africa

My watch required a battery and was taken to this reputable watch repairs(Cape Watch 6th Floor Wale Street Chambers, No.33 Church Street, Cape Town) when returning to collect my watch they told me that the watch is missing or has been stolen. The watch in question is a Michelle Herbelin.

The manager Roger Brown told me that he would get a second hand watch to replace it and that i must go for a quote so that he can claim from the insurance.
Its been a few months and still nothing.
I called them this morning and he said that he would offer me R500 for the watch and i paid about R8000 - R10000 for the watch.
For a business that has been running for the time that they have i think this is unexceptable and told the manager(Roger Brown) that i would take the matter further.

At the end of the day its not fair that this business lost my valuable watch and want to replace it with R500. Something is just not right as no claims have been submitted to the insurance and i submitted the quotes in Feb 2012.

Cape Watch Address: 6th Floor Wale Street Chambers, No.33 Church Street, Cape Town

Me