Cape Fear Plastic Surgery / Botched breast surgery

Fayetteville, NC, US Review updated:
Phone: 910 46-4805 my number

I hired Dr. Herring to repair capsullary contracture of my left breast. He described the procedure on two seperate visits. He said he was going to make an incision below my left brest, remove the inflated implant, take out the scar tussue and reinsert the old implant after trying to give my breats more symmatry and a a softer feel.IThis sounded like the right thing to do so I hired him and paid the $4, 200.00 for this procedure. While he was doing the surgey he made the incision and and afterward the nurse told me I "Lucked out because the capsule released on it's own." He removed none of the scar tissue or did anything except slice me under my breast. He had prescribed reular trength Vicodin at first but it was not handeling the pain because as I put on the intake paperwork and told his nurse I was seeing a pain specialist for chronic jaw pain. He began prescribing Percocet on the first day after I told him what was already onthe chart about what a normally took. So he cant really say he did not know I was completely upfront from the begining. A local nurse in at an Md's office saw my breast and I told her what had happened. She could obviously see that the breast had contracted even more drew up and becme even harder. This made my breast lopsided and very odd looking to me and her. She said to go to him and ask him to fix this problem. I did and he refused saying with a smile that the paperwork said all he was going to do was a capsulotomy. He proudly said tricked me! Then after I told him about the nurse in the other office he asked me who my pain Md was and I told him without hesitation as he already knew about the surgery and that the doctor was going to treat my pain. I stopped taking my regular pain meds while he was treating me. He called my pain Md and told him I was lying to him about what I was taking even though it was in the chart and discussed with the nurse and him on the phone when he changed me from Vicodin to Percocet. My pain Md stopped seeing me and my primary care phycian was contacted and was told I was a liar and a drug addict. It was determined back in 2003 after they did the last of my many jaw surgeries that I needed pain control for life as the is nothing they can do. The meds do not make me high only able to function like a normal person. He has destroyed my reputation in this small town. Now I have to get a new pain MD, PNP, and go to another town to get the breast repaired. I am now in unbearable pain and have lopsisded breasts and he refuses to do what he was hired to do. Please help. He should not be allowed to do this. Please contact me. Thank you. Cheryl Harris [protected].

Comments

• 11
      Jan 12, 2010

Cheryl, report him to the plastic surgery board, today!! Find an attorney who will listen to your case and see if he will take you on and get paid after the suit settles. He is a jerk, liar, and needs an 82nd airborne ### kicking along with a lawsuit.

• Bo
      Feb 23, 2010

In your photo you are standing with left shoulder raised which contributes to left breast elevation. Scarring and contractures are not uncommon after breast implants, sometimes they can not be fixed, doing simple limited surgery probably wisest option, maybe best to have done nothing. Extensive procedure could make matters worse. If your pain is "unbearable" after just a "slice under breast", imagine how much worse it would be after major scar excision. You have a difficult problem, be very cautious about further surgery. As you learned after jaw surgery, more is usually not better.

• Je
      Jul 02, 2010

I had a breast augmentation last year in March at Cape Fear Plastic Surgery and I have had no problems. Dr. Herring was very detailed about how the procedure was exactly performed as well as the healing process as well. My breast look and feel natural and the scar is very very light and almost nonexistent. Maybe you have a low tolerance for pain because besides the skin stretching feeling which last for about a week or two there is a very minimal amount of pain. Also, in your picture it looks like your moving your left shoulder back but other then your shoulder your breast look very symmetrical to me. I am sorry that you had a bad experience but in the waiver that you signed it is clearly stated that no surgery will have absolutely perfect results and it is up to the patient to follow the post operative instructions. Dr. Herring also told me to do no rigorous physical activity for the first 2 months after my surgery. Maybe if you would have followed the directions better you would have had better results.

• Be
      Nov 03, 2015

In aug 2014 I hired dr herring for a breast reduction. I wanted implants but he told me I had plenty of breast tissue that I wont need implants. He made it all seem so simple. Like a walk in the park. I trusted him. After paying my $6600 CASH to save $300.00 I scheduled my appointment.
    I was excited because after having three children and 50 right around the corner I wanted this for myself.
    My reductions was botched nightmare. My scar go from under my breast to under my armpit on both side. The scars are wide and uneven. One breast was almost a full size difference. One nipple on the bottom of my breast and the other high up. I could not believe how butchered I was. On my vistits I asked when we can fix them. Dr herring kept tellong me they would pull up as the healing continued. Every visit he kept telling me to wait. The very last time I saw him he said to wait a year for correction surgery andcsaud you still have good boobs. I didn't. I was ashamed and wished I would have never picked him for my surgen. Two weeks ago I had reconstruction surgery with a very reputable plastic surgeon. It took 6 hours of surgery to get them even and added implants to make my breast even. He evened up my nipples and they look amazing. So I basically threw away the $6600 on botched surgery and spent $6000 to correct them 14 months after herring. When my plastic surgeon requested my records herring office never sent them. What was a sad story is at my one week check up on my corrected surgery the lady sitting next to me was there asking my dr for corrected surgery on a tummy tuck. Between the two of us we had tears because of the embarrassment of the out come of our surgery. Between the two of us dr herring received $12, 000 for messing up our bodies. Whats even more sad is his wife is his PA and as a woman I dont understand how she can continue to watch him do this to all of us. Please please do your research. Dont shop for the lowest price for your surgery. Read reviews, ask questions and do not fall for his charm. In my visits we spent 5 minutes talking about my results and then whatever he was off on that day.

• Ka
      Apr 01, 2016

Please tell me the name of the Doctor that corrected your surgery. I would like to go there for my facelift. Thank you so much for your story!