Canon Powershot 590 Is Camera / Fraudulent selling practices

1 315 East 89th Street, Brooklyn, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 718-208-2935

I found this company on the Internet. I was looking to buy a digital camera. Their customer rating was high and they offered the camera that I was looking for at the price of $104. I ordered the camera and received a confirmation e-mail from them. Later, I received 3 more e-mails and a missed phone call at my work phone number requesting that I contact them to confirm information on my order. When I called them, they tried to sell me additional accessories to my camera...specifically batteries. When I told the agent that the camera used 2 AA batteries, he tried to tell me yes, but they require "special" AA batteries. I told him that I had rechargeable AA batteries for my other camera and that I was not interested and that I looked forward to receiving my camera soon and I hung up the phone. I then received another e-mail...

Dear Allen Rogers,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, but at least one of the items that you ordered from us is currently unavailable. On rare occasions, an item that is marked "In Stock" on our website is either oversold and/or becomes unavailable from the manufacturer. At this point, your order with us has been put on hold and your credit card has not been charged. If you would like for us to keep trying to obtain your product, or if you would like assistance in finding a newer or similar model, please contact our sales department [protected] at your leisure.

For updated order status, shipping and tracking information visit the "My Account" area of prestigecamera.com or you may e-mail us at [protected]@prestigecamera.com. Click here to cancel you order

We apologize for any inconvenience.

For any further assistance, please email us at [protected]@prestigecamera.com.

Prestige Camera

It is obvious that this company is running a scam...please help me!

Thank YOU!!!

Allen D. Rogers
218 Leonard Avenue
Fayette, MO 65248
[protected]@sbcglobal.net
[protected]

Comments

25th of Oct, 2008

Can you not call up your Credit card company and let them know about this scam and that they should NOT allow such a charge to go through? Give them the name of the company and the amount of charge expected. Tell them that NO charges from this company should be approved.

Once you do that, call the company and tell them that you do not want any holds/waits and that you want to cancel your order. THey should own up for any mistakes of 'instock' notices. Even if they say they have it 'in stock' now, DO NOT purchase. Just cancel. No matter what, cancel that order.

There are tons of such scamsters out there. Just stay alert and be careful.