CandyTwist / Scam

This site is maybe 5% legit. The rest of the 95% contains bots, fake scammers, and a ton of advertising cam models. I am currently on it. They charge a full year subscription. I got scammed. I believe it was 84 dollars down the pipe. All the girls that message me are cam models that talk to you for about 5mins and then ask you to go to a website and sign up to watch their show. On my profile I put "DONT MESSAGE ME IF YOU ARE AN ADVERTISING MODEL..." After I put that, now i havnt been gettin as much messages overcrowding my email space anymore.. The 5% legit is from people who have messaged me but never replied back to me. So I assume this site is also a big rip off. Dont pay for anything, Dont click on the links they give you.

One thing I found funny was that the cam girl all give me the same emails. They all have yahoo and nothing else. When I add them to my messenger, they change the picture of the display picture to theirs.. On top of that, most of the cam girls have only 1 picture and no profile description. Dont waste your time in this website.

N  20th of Jul, 2009 by
I've been a member on the site for a few months and I too noticed an recent influx of webcam girls and other spammers messaging us paid members over the last few weeks. They are easy to spot though because their messages all sound the same. I actually messaged customer support about this and they said that they were aware of the problem and in the process of implementing new spam controls to combat the issue. Sure enough, the amount of spam dropped alot in the last few days and it seems most of my communications are now with real people. Btw, I recommend you email customer support for free extra time as that's what they gave me. They gave me two weeks extra for free because of this problem. Also, whenever you see anyone that looks like a spammer on the site, be sure to report it. I've noticed that everyone I report as a spammer, gets usually removed from the site with-in a day. I don't agree with the comment that "the site is maybe 5% legit". I'd say it's 95% legit as long as they prevent the 5% spammers that might be on it from mass messaging us regular members.
N  25th of Jul, 2009 by
I think it's a scam. I received a text message to my cell phone saying someone wanted to meet me and go to candytwist. When I did somehow it took me right to the same person saying they wanted to meet me and tried to get me to pay to write this unknown person something. It is a load of bull, scam written all over it.
A  17th of Sep, 2009 by
I would say most of it is a scam. Most of the profiles I have looked at are women about my age...35 to 40 and ALL the profiles say "single never been married" Yeah right! Also, they say these women are from towns near where I live...well one of the towns dosen't even exist! Plus they pulled MY picture off of MySpace.
A  4th of Oct, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
It is 100% scam, I think. They charged me for a premium memberhip which I never received. Everytime I log-on, they ask me to upgrade the membership so that I can read the messages from all the women who want to meet me. The so called customer support is not responding to anything I have written them.
A  7th of Oct, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Something ### is going here.In Mozila firefox when i click "search" and choose "online now" they show me 8 to 15 women online and that's weird because I've never seen so many women online in my area. Even, If I search at 4:00 am i can still find almost the same girls online.So, I opened Candytwist with "safari" browser and i did the same search. Guess what:none was online but in Mozila (which that is what I use they were 12 online. Something fishy is going on here... Anyway i don't need and i don't trust to sites my money and I'm still a basic member. Also, they took away the chat privilages I think, because I don't see anymore the "hi" icon since the women start to appear online...Geez WTF really? Plz, post sth useful
A  13th of Oct, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Got one of those texts on my phone last night from someone wanting to chat with me on friendsauna.org. I knew right away it was a phishing request as there was no return number in the text message. I typed in the site and was redirected to candytwist.com signup form which I didn't fill out. Spamming email is one thing but spamming cell phones may cost the user money. I'm not surprised to see the site on here.
A  14th of Oct, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I just got a text from Unknown saying "Hi :P I took your numbr from my friend, I bet u won't guess who I am! haha, I'm too shy... look me up online, my profile is friend-rock.com" So I went to the website & it sent me to CandyTwist. Wtf?
A  29th of Oct, 2009 by
I just got a text from an Unknown woman :

" heyy!

i was browsing round the search, & I hit your profile. U give me the impression that you're a quite with it hombre, but I'm kinda new here, & don't know what's going on around here. Shouldn't they have some sort of chatting program here? Well, I h8 writing msgs 2 people, and potentially not getting an answer! Anyways, if u wanna talking with me, you can find me over @ hangoutonly.net?id=5320&profile=tlemasters721, my name there is tlemasters721.

So, ya, maybe we'll talk. always looking to find more ppl.
Avelina Dolecek "

and the link sent me to CandyTwist.com

I've just close the internet explorer so thats it :)
N  4th of Nov, 2009 by
Like other social networking sites, Candytwist.com also offers referral program. You can find this information at http://www.candytwist.com/action/affiliates.html

If you feel that one of the CandyTwist.com member have sent you a spam message using CandyTwist referral program, in that case you can directly contact our support department at http://support.candytwist.com with your complaint.

CandyTwist.com support team will be happy to assist you with your complaint.
D  12th of Nov, 2009 by
My experience was overall very good, I even called their support department to see how responsive they are.

Pros and Cons are always part of any website or business but it all depends how responsive that company is in providing feedbacks and support.

In my opinion there is nothing bad about this site.
A  10th of Dec, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
100 % SCAM. Just to get your money.

Ask yourself; Why don't they offer free membership for a short period of time to see if this service is for real.
The answer is simple; They know that you would not pay for it, after finding out what it is all about. SCAM !!!
N  17th of Dec, 2009 by
At candytwsit, we have been working hard to fix all the complaints people have posted here or any other sites about candytwist.com

These complaints have helped us on focusing issues like spam messages, users creating duplicate account with same profile information etc.

Candytwist support team have developed a guideline website for its member, where they can read details, how to prevent from being scammed on any sites. http://scam.candytwist.com

People can also report scam and abuse report at http://support.candytwist.com, where every abuse report submitted are taken care of within 24 to 48 hours.

Feel free to send us an email at info@candytwist.com, If you feel that candytwist support team is not fulfilling your request within provided time frame.

A  5th of Feb, 2010 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
My experience is similar to those of the other commentators; I get emails from the women, i reply to them, requesting we met and I never get an answer. Save your money and, just as important, save your time by not wasteing it on this site.
N  26th of Feb, 2010 by
it is a scam in my opinion, many things I would've noticed before i paid:
1- Pour design, pour features even fore premium members
2- When you pay, it re-payed automatically after one year. well, some other dating websites do that also, but this should have a clear ok first
3- if you canceled your membership to avoid renewal, they stop your account immediately regardless how much time you still have
as a conclusion, my common sense tells me that most emails i received is done by the system of the website itself.
A  1st of Mar, 2010 by
I agree. Candytwist.com has been ransacking my money for no good reason. I have been trying to find the perfect girlfriend on the internet but Candytwist.com has no perfect girls at all. It is a rumor which has webcam models posing as fake lovers. They ransacked my money every week and I cannot get my $80 back. Therefore, these ### must be sued. We want our money back now. I already called for a lawyer against candytwist.com and its webstie rbsworldpay.com. Furthermore, we want our money back now. We need money for ourselves.

These candytwist guys are such A-holes, sons of ###. I don't even know how to stop my account.
A  24th of Oct, 2010 by
Candytwist is an outright illegal scam site.
N  4th of Jan, 2011 by
Not real contacts, scam. Paid 24.95 for one month.
A  19th of Feb, 2011 by
I have to agree with the allegations of a scam. I get email notifications of 'Flirts', meeting requests, 'agreed to meet' responses, but seldom if ever get a reply from the so-called 'sender' to my site mails. A very well-orchestrated scam; you get just enough interaction to make you think it might be for real - it isn't. As a former criminal investigator, I think the "automatic" renewal feature may well be a criminal violation under the FBI's Internet Crimes Complaint system rules and those of the FCC. I'm going to cancel my 'subscription' and write off the remainder of the paid period as a "still learning" experience.
N  25th of Apr, 2011 by
If anyone is a hacker and reads this please hack candytwist.
A  5th of May, 2011 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I agree too. They are now invading Skype. First, they say "I saw your profile and am looking for someone near to me."

Then they say they "really do not like Skype, please look at my profile at link ..."

They are a pain, but I'm a reporter and they can get my profile info. Just more junk for my news e-mail address.

Candy Twist Logo Candy Twist