Candy Warhouse / Substandard Product/Poor customer service

1 Irwindale CAIrwindale, CA, United States Review updated:

I love candy hearts and when my local grocery store and drug store ran out of them the Monday before valentines day and both told me they were no longer going to get any more in or every carry them again. I suffer from severe arthritis and it is not as if I can go very many places at all since I use a walker. Because of this, I went online to find a company to buy some. I thought I found a great company. I ordered them and they came within 4 days. When they came Monday I opened them up and tasted them and they were supposed to come from the Brachs company they said. They were all of different colors and looked pretty but all tasted like this cheap fruit flavor and every heart was the same flavor. They tasted HORRIBLE.Last year when I bought Brachs candy hearts they did not taste like this. I called Customer Service and was told since the product was opened there was absolutely nothing that could be done for me at all. I have to open the product to try it. Everyone does when you buy something. I had got some bad hamburger meat at my local Thriftway grocery store twice and both times gave me my money back with no problems and never gave me this crap about we can do nothing since the product was opened. I called the credit card company about disputing the charge and of course got read to me what it said on their website which I already read myself. The credit card company also said that many companies have started to do this to people because of the bad economy. I am very angry that on the site it said that the products are "satisfaction guaranteed". My candy hearts were not and I got RIPPED OFF. Candy Warehouse are liars and do not care about their customers. If they would of got these hearts from Brachs they would of not tasted like crap. Candy hearts are not supposed to taste like this and all the same cheap flavor. Their customer service was horrible and feel I was treated like garbage. Please never ever get anything from Candy Warehouse. Their products are not SATISFACTION GUARANTEED. Candy Warehouse sucks very bad and I am letting people know here and other sites what happened to me so it does not happen to anyone else. Never has any company treated me so bad like these folks.

Comments

• Le
      3rd of Jan, 2010

Before you go on a rampage, have you ever thought about looking up "Brach Candy Hearts" first? Why not go to the webpage that would specialize in them and be able to answer your questions that you had? www.brachs.com I'm sure would have done the trick. For another, if your mother gave you a cookie to eat, you took a bite of it and tried to give it back. Don't you think she would be a little upset? I would be too. I don't want germs from your family and I'm sure you don't want germs from mine. Of course and lastly, read the small print and all print before you buy. Or you can end up being the snook.

• Ol
      5th of Mar, 2010

I don't think it was the Warehouse. Brach's candy was bought out by another company. I think it was Farleys. They were in the candy business before they bought out Brachs and sold cheap imitation chocolate and candy. They are now changing the Brachs candy into their own cheap recipes. I have to agree, I used to love their malted milk balls; can't even eat them anymore.

• Pa
      7th of May, 2014

They should of not said they were Brach's if they were not and were Farleys. They are liars and people should not buy from companies that are liars and lie to the public. Companies today are making billions and trillions of dollars and that is too much. If people would not buy from companies they would not continue to be so rich today and hord profits. I wish I would of never ordered these hearts. I donated them to the indoor swimming pool and they appreciate them. I am glad that I was able to do that. If this company was any count they would of had good customer service and gave my money back. When they told me they did not care and did not give a damn that sealed the deal that I would never ever never ever never never ever never ever never ever never ever never never never ever never ever never ever ever order from this company ever again if they were going to rip me and other people off.

• Ni
      21st of Jan, 2016

The brachs candy last year was very different than the year before, and I was greatly disappointed. I will no longer any brachs candy. During valentines, I would even stock up for months, until they ran out. At least I no longer have to visit the dentist in march anymore ;-)

• Ba
      1st of Mar, 2016

So i received a coupon in the sunday paper for $1 off ANY 2 brach's 6 oz or larger yet i have tried to use it on 4 different bags at 2 different stores yesterday and nothing worked!! I was quite embarrassed and disappointed! I emailed them about issue but have received no response!!