Candian Tire / Canadian Tire does not honor it's sale prices

1 Highway 40 and St. Charles road, Kirkland, QC, Canada Review updated:

Good day all,
I just had my last visit to this Canadian Tire store. (location in Kirkland Quebec, highway 40 and St. Charles road)
i went in there to buy a set of General Tire UHP advertised for 30% off with an expiration date of April 12, 2012. Note we are March, 27, 2012. Once I got done talking to the parts guy who could not help me because the computer would not recognize the sale item, even after I took to the physical tire and sale sticker, I was confronted by the so call Manager. Beware of this little weasel, his name is Steve Roch.After he tells me that the sale is not really a sale but a liquidation or end of stock, he thought I would just take his lame excuses and pay full price. We looked at his flyer which had no disclaimers concerning this sale and he went on to tell me that if he took a decision, he would take a hit on the price. After explaining to him that Canadian Tire never takes a hit on anything he changed his story a few more times, without satisfaction to the customer.Let me tell you this guy has more stories than the bible. After listening to few more stories and after shooting down all his arguments, I had to leave the store out of desperation. He was truly insulting my intelligence with all the reasons he couldn't help, but every reason to deny the sale price.
I am a business man and also a customer services expert.It’s been my experience that companies that hire and promote people like this will lose more customers than they can replace, which in the end will force the company to take a hit.
Thanks for listening and please do beware of that stores indifferent attitude towards customer service.
Frank.

Comments

• Fr
      18th of Apr, 2012

Hello anti-seo,
    Thanks for your reply.
    The issue was the store would not honor a sale priced item which was still in effect. Typically if an item is on sale and there is not current stock most reputable vendor will provide you with a rain check or some sort of voucher stating that the current stock is out but when it does come in, your are eligible for that item when it is in stock. I, m not sure if rain checks are used in the U.S. but in canada, i've had them issued by other vendors in the past.
    I hope this helps clarify this for you.

• Ca
      27th of Jun, 2012

This is so true. I am pretty sure Canadian tire will start to shut down in future due to their poor and rude customer services. Even their managers are so pathetic and does not even know how to handle a customer. Today is my last day at canadian tire.