Cancun Resort / Stay away from them

Well, I thought I was a good researcher in going on vacation for our anniversary and not fall for the spur of the minute deals. I should have checked the web about this co. before dropping my cash. Well I haven’t completely booked my whole package, but I did let go of the $800 package fee. Well I got the welcome letter etc. and that’s when they asked for the additional $99 PER PERSON "tax" fee to I.R.R. I have been procrastinating in finishing the booking process because of that, but because of the rising plane costs, my wife has lit a flame underneath me. I went to AAA to ask their opinion of the resorts available and they did their best. So that’s when I came to the web and found this site. After reading all the reviews, I decided to call them back and pose as a new customer. When the "salesman" came on the phone, he told me the just stopped their "special" package price 1 hour ago, but let me talk to my mgr. and see if I can fit you in. (yea, like I just fell off the turnip truck buddy). He comes back and tells me he can still do it (big surprise). Now the main reason I called was to find out about the $200 peak date scam mainly and to find out if the resort we were looking at (the Omni) was All Inclusive. He wanted to pass me off to his mgr. so bad, but I got the answers I was looking for. He (Edward) told me the only peak times that results in extra fees are Christmas, New Years, & Thanksgiving. I asked "That’s it?...yes that’s it" (and yes the Omni is All Inclusive he told me-A 5 star rated by AAA) I do have more questions for the agent assigned to me, so hopefully all will go well... (fingers crossed... eyes too).

Va

Comments

• Er
      23rd of May, 2008

The only comment I want to add is that the Omni has been a consistent high-rated resort among their guests. Many people choose to return to this resort trip after trip and report that everything from the friendly staff memebers, the food and services are all quite good. I believe you will impressed with the Omni.

Have fun planning your vacation in paradise,
    Eric Rabinowitz-Author