Canara Bank Debit Card Complaint / Wrongly debitted amount from declined transaction in ICICI swipe machine at Vasanth & Co, Adyar branch, Chennai

1 India Review updated:

Sir,

My CanaraBank Debit card No is [protected], My A/C No is [protected] and My name S.P.Meenakshi.

I had given my canarabank debit card for swiping in order to pay the bill for a purchased refrigerator at Vasanth & Co, adyar branch, Chennai on 8/7/2009. The cashier swiped the debit card in ICICI swiping machine for two times and told that for both the times the transaction failed. He informed me to pay the bill in cash. So I withdraw the money in the near by Oriental Bank of Commerce ATM immediately and found around Rs 14400 missing in my account. While paying the bill in cash I told the cashier about the deduction of money twice already from my account. But he did not accept that and showed that his account was not credited with the debited amount. When I verified with the canara bank passbook entry on 9/7/2009, it showed clearly that
Rs 7200 got deducted twice in ATM-[protected]. I informed this to Vasanth & Co Cashier and gave a complaint to canarabank manager IITMadras branch, Chennai (card issued branch). Both are telling, it will take around 15 days time to credit the money in my account. Kindly do the needful for crediting the falsely deducted amount Rs.14, 400 from the failed transaction to my canarabank SB A/c NO: [protected] as early as possible.

Regards,
S.P.Meenakshi
Ph: [protected]

Comments

14th of Dec, 2009

You should immediately complain to the Reserve Bank of India Ombudsman, Chennai branch even after 15 days if action not taken.

• Li
      10th of Dec, 2015

Have you got your money back...?.

• Na
      19th of Dec, 2016

Dear Sir,

Naadimuthu. M Debit Card No.5497590539022565 SB account No. 0539101025849

I have purchased goods from Sri Devi Textile for Rs. 1659/- on 11-12-2016 and I have swapped the card. My account has been debited, whereas in the Swapping machine‚Äč it was failed.

For this effect their bankers has given a letter in this effect and the same is forwarded herein for your kind perusal.

I request the above sum may please be credited in my account the at the earliest.

Thanks and Regards
    Naadimuth. M
    Mobile. 09972175551

• Ic
      20th of Dec, 2016

Dear Customer(a3sc7t),

We regret any inconvenience caused. Our official will get in touch with you. We appreciate your patience.

Regards,