Canara Bank / wrong deduction towards closing of saving account

1 India Review updated:

I was having a saving a/c no. 57547 in canara bank c-3, sector - 1, noida - 201 301. When I tried to close this account they deducted me rs. 300/- towards closing the same. After several follow ups they are unable to settle this matter.

After this incidenc I closed one more joint account no. 59631 after making the balance zero.

I think I had committed a blunder mistake by closing my account through proper channel.

• Kaushik Himanshi's Response, Jun 27, 2018

customer care number is only for showing..

Comments

• Gb
      5th of May, 2008

I HAVE OPENED AN ACCOUNT IN K.K.NAGAR BRANCH BUT TILL NOW NOT RECEIVED MY PASS BOOK.MY AC NO.7462

• Ra
      7th of May, 2008

I was having saving A/C in yours bank A/C No. 13502 in indore palasia branch i was write to giving me ATM on 27-09-07 then yours off. Clerk say to me ATM come at one month then may i go many many time does alway say come one months. So plz me ATM as soon as.

• La
      8th of Jul, 2008

I overheard someone telling me about the cheat holes of canara bank's ATM counters, like withdrawing money is more than what the atm machine gives out though the statement or the mini clip out from the same shows the amt you submitted and not what you received. I then crosscheck yest only and i was shocked my slip shows the same amt which i wanted i.e. 7500/- but The machine gave me only 7000/-

This was a case in Sector 6 Makt CANARA BANK ATM counter at 3.05 pm. And surprisingly when I tried to contact the No given on the card (TOLLFREE) that doesnt exits and on trying hard when I somehow contacted the Canara Bank Branch of Dwarka sec 6, I was told to contact to my Branch of Janakpuri to lodge a complaint.

I wonder how can people rely on these nationalised banks, if they cheat and take benefits from their own ATM counters.

lalit/9810256230

• Na
      7th of Aug, 2008

I am a saving a/c holder in canara bank in PUNE and my a/c no. is 1262.I withdrew 3000 Rs. through my ATM card but balance amount of my a/c is reduced by 6000 Rs. and i am not getting good response from my branch of canara bank.

• Ha
      14th of Aug, 2008

i was having saving account number 41572 my wouldbe send the amount from abroad till now im not receieved the amount im calling to bank so many times but no response still now im not getting ATM

• Ku
      14th of Sep, 2008

I WAS HAVING A SAVING A/C NO. 35890 IN CANARA BANK Delhi, Aradhna Enclave Branch, . WHEN I TRIED TO CLOSE THIS ACCOUNT THEY DEDUCTED ME RS. 5825/- TOWARDS approx. CLOSING THE SAME. AFTER SEVERAL FOLLOW UPS THEY ARE UNABLE TO SETTLE THIS MATTER.

AFTER MAKING THE BALANCE lessthen .

I THINK I HAD COMMITTED A BLUNDER MISTAKE BY CLOSING MY ACCOUNT THROUGH PROPER CHANNEL.

• Ke

The C.M.D.
    Canara Bank
    112, J. C. Raod
    Bangalura -560002

Sub:- Non Credit of Demand Draft.

Sir,
    It is to submit that I have a saving bank account with Branch – Anekant Palace, Rajpur Road Dehradun, Uttarakhand bearing no. 17598. I have deposited a Demand Draft bearing no. 379329 issued by State Bank of India, New Tehri dated 19-02-2009 for Rs. 5000/- in my above said saving account. But despite lapse of a considerable period, the same has not been credited into my said account. Upon enquiry, it has been revealed that the above said draft has not been sent for clearing and no action was taken on it till 30-06-2009.

Sir, this act of branch is absolutely comes under deficiency of service and responsible officer must be penalized for such negligent act as it caused mental shock, agony and harassment of customer.

I, therefore, request you to please look into and take steps to be credited the said DD into my account at the earliest and further take action against erred branch official, otherwise I shall be left with no other option but to take legal action in the matter.

Thanking you,

Yours faithfully,

(Keshav Singh Rana) Present Address
    Village & Post – Sarab C/o Mr. Tripan Singh Pawar
    Teshil – Dhnolty 26, MDDA Colony
    Distt- Tehri Garhwal Tyagi Road Dehradun (U.K)
    Pin No.- 249180
    Mob: - 9410702195

Encl: 1- Demand Draft deposit slip.
    2- Photo Copy of Demand Draft.
    3- Photo Copy of Complaint dated 1-07-2009

• Ka
      14th of Aug, 2018
    Canara Bank - Money deduction
    Hessaraghatta main road
    India

In my account in I debited
    Rs.6000/-
    But, the balance showed was 3478 Rs
    But in its suddenly in evening its showing
    Without any transactions how can that be possible

• Ka
      15th of Aug, 2018
    Canara Bank - i am comlaining about netbanking
    hathras
    India

my account balance did not refund. i am very disappoint towards canera bank service .it's customer care number is not working . such a worst service provider bank in comparision to other banks ... resolve my problem otherwisw i will cloesed my bank account and i will complain to banking ombudsman and consumer courts also ...

• Pr
      16th of Aug, 2018
    Canara Bank - Refund
    Jorhat
    India

My REFUND from Flipkart is not yet received by me...it has been 4 days since..please refund it to my account ASAP...my registered mobile number in the Flipkart account is 7663819120 and email is praptigogoi0@gmail.com Please check it and refund the money of Rs 664 as soon as possible. The order was a sony headset mic. Thank you.