Canadian Tire, Yardworks / terrible customer manager

1 Calgary, Alberta, Canada Review updated:

This is a case of “buyer beware” at canadian tire (Calgary store #419, 64th ave & deerfoot trail n. E, calgary, alberta).

Here’s my little story:

Bought a cordless mower one year ago, the battery dead just few days before the warranty expires, I think I was lucky.

Then the trouble starts, first I took the battery to the return desk, two ladies ask me to bring the whole mower so that they can replace a new one for me. (Sounds too good to be true for canadian tire.), I believed them.

The whole stupidly heavy mower was taken to their store today, the new face behind the return desk asks me why bother to take the whole machine here? She was trying to kick me back to the factories, I explained to her, but then she told me there was no battery and this type of machines in the stock right now, and I have to take the mower to the other store to try.

I'm getting confused and feel like a fool, this yardwork mower is used only 4-5 times, and where am I suppose to take it now? So I asked her to call the manager who's named james, that so called manager has the worst attitude i've seen in canada, first he told me I must have void the warranty by store the battery outdoor, I swear in jesus name that I keep the battery in my basement all the time cause my charging station was there. And i'm that type of guy who always read the users manual. When i'm trying to speak something, he start yelling..."do you want me to help you or not?, will you let me finish?" I realized that I have no more things can talk with this guy. Then I ask him who's the higher manager, he points back to himself and told me he's the one... Great way to go! Canadian tire!

In the end, he told me he knows some magic, and he can get one new battery for me if I want, (Now you want me to believe a new battery is in stock now?), I asked him is there any warranty for that "new battery", he says no! I might be stupid once, but not twice in two days!... I spent 30 mins yesterday, and more than one hour there today for a $230 dollar crap!

Anyway, I will never buy anything from that 64 ave store, just a simple battery swap within warranty has already made me looks like a scam customer. Bye canadian scam tire!

Ne

Comments

6th of Dec, 2010

I don't know if the manager's name is James, but I had a really bad experience with the store manager at the 64 Ave NW Canadian Tire Store as well. If you speak to them a little loud because you are frustrated, they will let you know that they don't deserved to be yelled at, and they don't need to help you at all. I will never to back to that store again.

• Wa
      16th of Jun, 2011

I probably bought the same Yardworks mower and have burned through two batteries in a year even though I have maintained them properly. Now I am getting the run around too. No stock even if I want to buy one. Doesn't matter which store. Life time ban on Canadian Tire.