Canadian Tire / Yardworks / defective item
Bought a Yardworks Log Splitter at C.T. Took it home, used it to split three small pieces of wood and it broke. Never had the product more than 2 hours. Return to Canadian Tire, they weren't able to refund or exchange the product. The item has a manufacturer defect and all they can do is send it away to be repair. Called Canadian Tire and Yardworks head office and they were no help.
1) Poor customer service from C.T., long weekend and there was no managers available until Tuesday( happen on a Saturday)
2) I can understand why they would not give me a refund, b/c some people would buy the product and return it after they use it. But, I can't understand why they couldn't exchange for one off the shelf.
3) B/c of the size and the heaviness of the product, it might take months for it to come back from warranty repair. We need the product now. The Yardworks rep say it could take up to 6 months for it to be repair.
I have found that Yardworks products and Canadian Tire service is horrible. Unfortunately, the buyer is stuck with a poor quality product and there is nothing that can be done except get it repair until the warranty expire and Canadian Tire has sold out its reputation for making tons of money, b/c both C.T and Y.W are the only people benefiting in this deal.
More Canadian Tire / Yardworks Complaints & Reviews
- Canadian Tire / Yardworks Cordless Reel Lawnmower - it simply does not cut the grass properly! 
- Canadian Tire Mastercraft Tool - would not let me return 
- Canadian Tire - bad customer service 
- Canadian Tire / Yardworks - parts service 
- Canadian Tire - poor policy and bad customer service! 
- Canadian Tire - Service center
- Canadian Tire - Bad customer service and poor management skill
- Canadian Tire - automotive service
- Canadian Tire - customer service desk
- Canadian Tire Scarborough - returning schwinn bike bag