Canadian Tire / Superstore / deceptive return policy

1 Kingsway Ave.Edmonton, Alberta, Canada Review updated:

Returning merchandise with a valid receipt and the a product in a box, and you have to give a phone number and show photo ID. Both stores claim fraud if this process is not followed. What a bunch of crap Who is the fraud against??? They have lost a store of customers after today, all for $14.99 plus tax. I did not have photo ID, guess what I got my money back.

Comments

• Ge
      27th of Nov, 2008

What the [censored] its 14.99 deal with it, they have a return policy its very simple, ID and reciept, just like a liquor store and asking for ID... You are just another retarted consumer who can't follow the simple rules of how Retail works. The only store that don't give a ### is walmart because there ### is so cheap and they are a MASS Retail development and get scammed and ###ed everyday because all they ask is for your initials, so easy to scam them I do it all the time, think about ### before you say it, this is not a valid complaint, dont return things that are 14.99 and if you do bring your ###ing ID it's not that hard...

• Cl
      9th of Dec, 2010

why should you have to give Id to return a product with a reciept. If you haave the product, box it cam ein and reciept then it obviously isn't stolen. No need for id... It s not cigarets or alcohol. If you didn't need Id to purchase.. you shoukdnt need it to return. I have stopped shopping at Canadian tire for other issues regarding their return pollicy. Would not take item back because I purchased in another city. I had to drive 1 1/2 hrs each way to return a defective product worth $120. I just won't shopt there anymore.. nor will let any member of my family shop their either. Use Home depo or Wallmart.