Canadian Tire Service / poor customer service!

1 Great Lakes Drive / Mavis RoadBrampton Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

I took my vehicle to Canadian Tire ONCE for service, only to have the estimated price mysteriously increase by almost %80. I asked to have all the old parts returned, and this request was noted on the work order before the service began. The parts managed to disappear before I arrived to pick up the vehicle, so my willingness to cooperate also disappeared. The situation got noisy and ugly, but I won. Canadian Tire has reached new highs in LOW customer service. And it's not just in the Auto Service Department.

Every area of every CanTire I've visited has poorly stocked shelves, messy aisles, improperly (or unlabeled) merchandise, and items in the wrong bins. Perhaps if they stopped hiring teenagers at minimum wage, and actually TRAINED their staff, most of these problems could be rectified.

And I'm getting really tired of dealing with (otherwise unemployable) females that are too busy yapping with each other to help the customers. CanTire head office isn't the least bit interested in dealing with the situation. As long as they keep making money nothing will ever change.

I strongly advice everyone to avoid the auto service department, and be sure to complain long and loud about every shortcoming.

Ian Millard